Windows 11 will be free - Auto HDR, Direct Storage Support, Xbox App Built in with XCloud

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I upgraded and... nothing exploded so I'm assuming things are going fine.

Make sure to download AMD drivers for the chipsets. 

Edit: BTW am I doing something wrong. Because I don't like HDR it just makes everything darker. I have to play Halo in windowed mode because HDR makes the game look so bland.

7 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Make sure to download AMD drivers for the chipsets. 

Edit: BTW am I doing something wrong. Because I don't like HDR it just makes everything darker. I have to play Halo in windowed mode because HDR makes the game look so bland.

Something is off yeah, hdr is fine for me in Windows 11, better than ever in Windows really (now fix vision support and make it universal). I don’t know how it works with AMD but for Nvidia I go to control panel on my tv I set it to 4:4:4 12bit or RGB full 12bit seems to work okay too IF I set 4:4:4 to limited on the tv itself, if I leave 4:4:4 set to full on the tv while using RGB 10 or 12bit then it looks like all the life has been sucked out of it. Mentioning that since it sounds like your issue. You kind of have to play around with what works best but generally 4:4:4 10bit is a safe bet for most people. All my hdr on pc is popping now.

Edit; For windows itself go to advanced hdr options and adjust the sdr brightness slider until it looks good enough so that you aren’t changing other settings to try to make windows ui itself look right

• 4 weeks later...