Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut, update: PC version could be announced on March 5

@SimpleG I totally forgot that section was a gameplay section. It was pretty simple to just look up at the dojo and lock on then hit X. It wasn't presented very well but I'm an idiot for not seeing it. 

Enjoying my time with it. The visuals can be really nice at times. The combat is a bit loose and can actually be quite difficult. I enjoy the characters and story and i plan on playing the DLC once I'm finished with my playthrough.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I totally forgot that section was a gameplay section. It was pretty simple to just look up at the dojo and lock on then hit X. It wasn't presented very well but I'm an idiot for not seeing it. 

I did the same thing, thats how I knew the answer .

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

The combat is a bit loose and can actually be quite difficult.

Once you get past the no lock on and get some practice in , you can walk thru a fort like a god damn sword slinging demon. Kick the gate down, talk shit, murder them all.

13 Assassins (2010) — Takashi Miike | by Ana Kinukawa | asian cinema shouts  . | Medium

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I did the same thing, thats how I knew the answer .

Once you get past the no lock on and get some practice in , you can walk thru a fort like a god damn sword slinging demon. Kick the gate down, talk shit, murder them all.

13 Assassins (2010) — Takashi Miike | by Ana Kinukawa | asian cinema shouts  . | Medium

I'll admit, the no auto lock on is frustrating to me. I'm getting better with the combat but it's still a bit rough around the edges. 

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Played 3 hours straight today. I'm finally getting really good with the combat. 

I would say visually this has a lot going on and looks great but I still think RDR2 looks better. @stepee confirm this.

Haven’t been able to play the new version yet  as I was ran over by a truck but I think Ghosts in bc mode already looked better than RDR2 on console just because it was close enough and 60fps and the art is lovely. Technically RDR2 has way more detail and shit tho and obviously looks better on pc. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Haven’t been able to play the new version yet  as I was ran over by a truck but I think Ghosts in bc mode already looked better than RDR2 on console just because it was close enough and 60fps and the art is lovely. Technically RDR2 has way more detail and shit tho and obviously looks better on pc. 

Ghost is a bit inconsistent visually. Also, the water and waterfalls don't look good either. It's been a minute since I played rdr2 so I could be mistaken. 

I hope recovery is going ok for you. 

The consistency and world detail is a lot higher in RDR2, it’s just the 30fps and aggressive TAA making the image look blurry is also very consistent there. But anyway Ghosts is beautiful because it’s art is beautiful, I don’t think it’s any kind of technical wonder.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

The consistency and world detail is a lot higher in RDR2, it’s just the 30fps and aggressive TAA making the image look blurry is also very consistent there. But anyway Ghosts is beautiful because it’s art is beautiful, I don’t think it’s any kind of technical wonder.

Ok. Yes, ghost pops and is very pleasing to the eye. I love this game and I feel it was very well made. It's not reinventing the wheel but it's taking a few concepts from other similar titles and does it well/better.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm playing it... in no rush just taking my time but I'm really digging it. Integrates pretty seamlessly into the main game.

Sweet. Glad to hear stuff like this.

I am starting it today. I won't be able to play games (aside from handheld during down time) from October 1st to December 8th, so my plan is to finish this, deathloop, and Kena before we start fishing crab.

It's easily in my top 3 games of last year, which is pretty incredible considering the absolute gems we got in 2020. This year actually feels lackluster in comparison, so far (aside from Psycohonauts 2). Hell, I enjoyed it so much that when I was done, I only needed to find 2 or 3 shrines for the platinum. It was the first platinum I have ever gotten, and it came from just enjoyment of playing the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm playing it... in no rush just taking my time but I'm really digging it. Integrates pretty seamlessly into the main game.

As someone who stared the DLC once I finished Act 2 of the main game… it’s a bit weird to have Jin cop to what I assume happens at the end of the main storyline. :p

I played 3 hours today but they don't have an in game timer. I'm deep in Act 2 and I just think this game is really well done.

Compared to other open world games this is much more focused, interesting, and not as bloated with nonsense.

I love this game and it's definitely a favorite of mine last gen. I look forward to beating the main story then tackle the DLC.

@BloodyHell I'm going to play Psycohonauts 2 after I fully dissect Ghost. Then there are a few more gems coming up. Like Deathloop and I'm going to replay TLOU2 again.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:59 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

With today's update, I got the final Iki Island trophy that I was missing because the requirement to have completed the online Legends mode was removed :twothumbsup:

I just beat the main game and it's incredible. The ending is awesome. It's easily my top 3 games of "last gen".

I just bought iki Island and will start that tomorrow. 

Played 3 hours of iki Island and it's very good. So far maybe not as interesting as the main game but it's still awesome. I'm not sure how long this dlc is supposed to last but I can't get enough of this game.

It's actually pretty massive in terms of side quests and the like. I've skipped all side quests throughout the main game and doing so in iki as well. I feel like I've put 25 hours into this but I have no idea since they don't keep track of that. Every fucking game should keep track in how long you've played.

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Played 3 hours of iki Island and it's very good. So far maybe not as interesting as the main game but it's still awesome. I'm not sure how long this dlc is supposed to last but I can't get enough of this game.

It's actually pretty massive in terms of side quests and the like. I've skipped all side quests throughout the main game and doing so in iki as well. I feel like I've put 25 hours into this but I have no idea since they don't keep track of that. Every fucking game should keep track in how long you've played.

If you go to manually save I am pretty sure if it tells you how long you’ve been playing.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I beat Iki island today. I'll tell you what, this game isn't easy. I struggled with the last fight but it was very satisfying to beat the Eagle. I dissected this game and have nothing to do in it anymore. Great overall package. 

@stepee For some reason my ps4 pro struggled a bit on iki Island so it would have been nice to play this on the ps5. I know you're busy with plenty of games but be sure to play this and the dlc. It's a great game.

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s on my list! Next I’ll be looking at Psychonauts 2 and Deathloop tho.

I just downloaded Psychonauts 2 today. I'm all ready for wed baby! I'm not playing anything on Xbox till I get my xsx. I'm also interested in trying rdr2 but I read it's not 60fps which is extremely disappointing 😔 

Just now, stepee said:

Yeah RDR2 won’t have any enhancement, no boost or res or anything. But lotttts of stuff will.

I'm actually excited to play valhalla tbh. 60fps with native 4k will be awesome. I loved that game but never beat it. Now is a good time to go back. I'm going to be up late Wednesday night that's for sure. I can't wait.

• Like 1