Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut, update: PC version could be announced on March 5

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Hmm I’ll have to see if you can carry over save progress for this. That would be perfect timing to play the second half as the ps5 version!

You can...

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

You can...

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, you’ll be able to transfer your save to PS5 to pick up where you left off. For new players, the new Iki Island content will be available beginning in Act 2 of Ghost of Tsushima, after you’ve made your way to the Toyotama region.

FUCK YES THIS RULES

9 minutes ago, jaethos said:

I just bought the PS4 version a week or two ago for $30. I'll wait on reviews and impressions to see if this is worth another $30 for the PS5 DC.

hey, at least you still saved $10 by buying it early!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut (20 August 2021) - update: Iki Island Story Trailer
2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So if I preorder the director's cut upgrade NOW, it's 19.99 and includes the Iki Island expansion as opposed to 29.99? Is that right? Because that's a no-brainer.

No, the $20 upgrade is from PS4 Regular to PS4 Director's Cut.  The upgrade from PS4 Regular to PS5 Director's Cut is $30.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No, the $20 upgrade is from PS4 Regular to PS4 Director's Cut.  The upgrade from PS4 Regular to PS5 Director's Cut is $30.

Oh... well that kinda sucks. Sony once again hosing gamers. Gonna have to think about this one because that stings a little... in principle :p

In guess the question is do I give a shit about the "PS5 upgrades" whatever they are :hmm:

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh... well that kinda sucks. Sony once again hosing gamers. Gonna have to think about this one because that stings a little... in principle :p

In guess the question is do I give a shit about the "PS5 upgrades" whatever they are :hmm:

Japanese lip-sync (PS5-only)
DualSense haptic feedback and adaptive triggers functionality (PS5-only)
Reduced load times (PS5-only)
3D audio (PS5-only)
Dynamic 4K 60 FPS (PS5-only)

• Thanks 1

1280x720.jpg
WWW.PUSHSQUARE.COM

Behind the mask - With Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut carving its way to both PlayStation 5 and PS4 on the 20th August,...

Push Square: Straight into it, how big is the Iki Island expansion?
Nate Fox, Creative Director: If you're familiar with Ghost of Tsushima, Iki Island is the size of, really, the first act of the main game, Izuhara. It's a big, dense story with a lot of landscape and secrets to discover.

ghost-iki-1.jpg
PRESS-START.COM.AU

We Spoke To Sucker Punch About Creating New Player Experiences For Ghost Of Tsushima: Director's Cut

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut (20 August 2021) - update: Iki Island expansion "same length as the first region" of base game
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut (20 August 2021) - update: "Launch" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut (20 August 2021) - update: PS4 to PS5 save transfer information
28 minutes ago, johnny said:

i still don’t understand how i’m supposed to upgrade to the directors cut ps5 version 

i don’t get why this is so complicated for sony 

You can't upgrade to the PS5 DC until Friday.

You'll be able to purchase the upgrade for $30 on the PlayStation Store then.