Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut, update: PC version could be announced on March 5

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rumor: Ghost of Ikishima -- a Miles Morales/Lost Legacy-style standalone expansion to Ghost of Tsushima -- to release in 2021
14 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh man and I bet this would be optimized for ps5 ohhhh yeah. Honestly Ghosts feels a little  bigger than it needed to be, I could see myself liking this expansion size better.

Did you ever beat Ghost of Tsushima? I fuckin loved that game. This is awesome news!

56 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Did you ever beat Ghost of Tsushima? I fuckin loved that game. This is awesome news!

Na, it was too long. :P I’m not done with it, I’ll get back to it but so much stuff to play right now. I should just stick the the main story and beat it, I’ve spent way too much time just getting lost and galloping around the pretty areas which admittedly is my fault.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Oh man and I bet this would be optimized for ps5 ohhhh yeah. Honestly Ghosts feels a little  bigger than it needed to be, I could see myself liking this expansion size better.

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Na, it was too long. :P I’m not done with it, I’ll get back to it but so much stuff to play right now. I should just stick the the main story and beat it, I’ve spent way too much time just getting lost and galloping around the pretty areas which admittedly is my fault.

There are definitely games I feel like wear out their welcomes but Ghost isn't one of them. I felt like the game had just the right amount of content and the areas were explorable with enough secrets and locations withought being overwhelming. I felt like Suckerpunch could give Ubisoft lessons on how to make an active openworld game without it being cluttered. In my humble opinion of course.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There are definitely games I feel like wear out their welcomes but Ghost isn't one of them. I felt like the game had just the right amount of content and the areas were explorable with enough secrets and locations withought being overwhelming. I felt like Suckerpunch could give Ubisoft lessons on how to make an active openworld game without it being cluttered. In my humble opinion of course.

Oh don’t get me wrong, it’s much better than an AC game in that regard!

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You're absolutely correct. It wasn't bloated at all with quests and had a perfect sized game world. 

@stepee when you get back to it just focus on the main story and you'll have one hell of a time. I'm actually debating playing this again soon. The combat was so satisfying.

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're absolutely correct. It wasn't bloated at all with quests and had a perfect sized game world. 

@stepee when you get back to it just focus on the main story and you'll have one hell of a time. I'm actually debating playing this again soon. The combat was so satisfying.

Yeah, I think I’m going to do just that! I think that’s my main problem, I mean I like it a lot, spent a lot of time in it, just got too caught up in random things. Definitely want to finish it, beautiful game.

Maybe after Rachet Ill put it back in rotation on ps5 alongside FF7R.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes!!!!

This is one of the very few games I have ever platinum'd, and it was just from playing the game, not because I was chasing a plat. 

Did you play at 60fps on your ps5? Yes, you platinum'd the game because I think it was just so really well made and thought out. Everything flowed so well and nothing felt like a waste of time. 

19 hours ago, best3444 said:

Did you play at 60fps on your ps5? Yes, you platinum'd the game because I think it was just so really well made and thought out. Everything flowed so well and nothing felt like a waste of time. 

Yes, I did play at 60 fps on ps5. I skipped the game last summer because I wasn't sure I'd like it, then got it on sale after the ps5 launch.

I mean, there was definitely filler, but the filler was fun. I loved upgrading armor, looking for foxes, etc etc. The game is so much fun to play, and the story is incredibly interesting. 

And the final choice, I really, really didn't expect that. 

I wish I'd had people to play legends with.

15 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Loved the main game - I'm totally down for this. I assume it's not about the Mongols' second invasion into Tsushima since presumably they are saving that for a proper sequel.

The rumors from gaming channels is that it will be before the mongol invasion, possibly the Samurai wars that took place on Tsushima prior to the invasion. 

Its incredible how they molded history and myth in that game, Jin being a stand in for the hurricane (or is it a tsunami if its not in the Atlantic?) that destroyed the mongol fleet. 

Last year was a very difficult year to pick a goty.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yes, I did play at 60 fps on ps5. I skipped the game last summer because I wasn't sure I'd like it, then got it on sale after the ps5 launch.

I mean, there was definitely filler, but the filler was fun. I loved upgrading armor, looking for foxes, etc etc. The game is so much fun to play, and the story is incredibly interesting. 

And the final choice, I really, really didn't expect that. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

@stepee play this game! Don't wander around looking at the visuals haha.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

The rumors from gaming channels is that it will be before the mongol invasion, possibly the Samurai wars that took place on Tsushima prior to the invasion. 

Its incredible how they molded history and myth in that game, Jin being a stand in for the hurricane (or is it a tsunami if its not in the Atlantic?) that destroyed the mongol fleet. 

Ah that'd be interesting! And the Japanese call them typhoons in this case (typhoons helped the Japanese fend off the Mongols during both invasions - or in the games' case the metaphor is a stand-in for Jin). 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Ah that'd be interesting! And the Japanese call them typhoons in this case (typhoons helped the Japanese fend off the Mongols during both invasions - or in the games' case the metaphor is a stand-in for Jin). 

Yeah, I understood the reference, but I couldn't pin down the word typhoon for some reason lol

• Haha 1

So this is Sony's way to get around charging for remasters this gen.  Call them Directors Cuts.

Can you buy the Iki Expansion on it's own? I really hope so, as the other upgrades are definitely not worth buying a whole new copy of the game.

** Just found, $30 to upgrade to Directors Cut for the PS5 version.  $20 for the PS4 version.  Will have to wait to see how substantial the Iki Expansion is before I decide if that is worth it.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Ghost of Tsushima - Director's Cut announced for 20 August 2021 release

I’m about 6 hours into the PS4 version on my PS5. Thinking I’ll just set it down until the DC comes out since it looks like a better overall experience

I forgot they already gave us Free Content with the Legends Co-op Content, so the $30 is pretty fair. I'd assume the Iki Island will be a decent chunk of content as well.

I just don't really think the 4k60, lip sync, or Haptic or Trigger updates warrant any real price.  Stuff like that should just be updated for Free for all current owners.