Dead Space Remake (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - Information Thread, update: EA sending surveys to gauge interest in remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 10:32 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@Firewithin @Keyser_Soze

There's also Negative Atmosphere:

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1624190814
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Negative Atmosphere is a third-person survival-horror game, with a core focus on mental health, oppressive ambience, gritty realism and a deeply immersive setting.

Probably not as notable as the other 2 games, but Airtight City looks like it might scratch the dead space itch.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1624386137
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

This is a third person perspective, a horror type of action shooting game. The game will be rendered with a meticulous atmosphere and a strange story, attracting players into a dark world of incomparable horror. Here, you are not unarmed, but even with a gun, you can't suppress the trembling from the heart.

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Probably not as notable as the other 2 games, but Airtight City looks like it might scratch the dead space itch.

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1624386137
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

This is a third person perspective, a horror type of action shooting game. The game will be rendered with a meticulous atmosphere and a strange story, attracting players into a dark world of incomparable horror. Here, you are not unarmed, but even with a gun, you can't suppress the trembling from the heart.

Didn't know about that one!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: the new Dead Space game is a remake of the first game in the style of Resident Evil 2 Remake (Jeff Grubb)
1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The first one still holds up really well though. Play it on Xbox Series S/X with Auto HDR and you'll see what i mean.

I'd rather see them pursue another protagonist's story.

DS3:A leaves a lot of questions on the table. I guess you don't need Isaac to continue it, but I would like to know or see the end of his tale.

8 minutes ago, Nokt said:

DS3:A leaves a lot of questions on the table. I guess you don't need Isaac to continue it, but I would like to know or see the end of his tale.

No reason a DS4 couldn't have seen Isaac's story concluded (for better or worse) and someone else's story begin. 

Unless that reason is you're lazy and just want to re-hash something that's already been done.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The first one still holds up really well though. Play it on Xbox Series S/X with Auto HDR and you'll see what i mean.

Pretty sure I own and played all three on PlayStation. Might be worth revisiting on EA Access though.

I'd prefer a brand new story, but I'll take a remake as well. 

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Did you play the DLC? From what I hear the DLC is basically the true, full ending of that game. 

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Did you play the DLC? From what I hear the DLC is basically the true, full ending of that game. 

I don't really want to spoil anything for anyone, but

unless you do a humanity on its last legs, final stand kinda story there isn't much to work with. The brother moons have pretty much taken over Earth by the time Isaac gets back.

Can we go back to the survival horror of the first game please. I LOVED the first game and the whole world they built. I even loved the anime and the shitty wii rail shooter. Then as they turned Issac into space Rambo more and more with 2/3 they ruined it. IMO. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Can we go back to the survival horror of the first game please. I LOVED the first game and the whole world they built. I even loved the anime and the shitty wii rail shooter. Then as they turned Issac into space Rambo more and more with 2/3 they ruined it. IMO. 

Well, they are literally going back to the first game so probably. :P

But ya, I think most people want that, maybe remaking this can be kind of a reboot and then they can do sequels to it or a fast forward to 4 in more of the horror type.

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I was just gonna say this. First one holds up just fine, I played it in the last two years. 

Ya know, after thinking about this a bit more, trying to remove the rose colored glasses.... I think I'd be okay with a remake of Dead Space.

The original Dead Space still holds up really well, as I said, but holy shit that game was not perfect. It really did have some sections that needed to be re-thought (or removed completely). I loved that game but I remember being very fatigued by the end of it. The gameplay loop just got tiresome. It was extremely predictable (grab X object, fight off waves of necromorphs till lockdown ends, rinse, repeat) and by the time you're moving the marker at the end it was just a grind.

I changed my mind and now I would love to see a tighter, better realized Dead Space 1 with better pacing and minus some of the grindy gameplay toward the end.

• 3 weeks later...