Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not too much to say really. Looks like a MegaTen game, hope it's good. 4 was pretty dang good and had a very interesting setting.

 

A minor complaint: A lot of that UI stuff looks weird to me.

 

G03aXRK.png

Stuff like this looks like something I'd expect to see on a Pokemon card or on maybe a Japanese website about a game?

 

Obviously not a big deal or anything, it just feels really out of place when MegaTen games tend to be pretty dark with very simple, hard-edged UI elements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Not too much to say really. Looks like a MegaTen game, hope it's good. 4 was pretty dang good and had a very interesting setting.

 

A minor complaint: A lot of that UI stuff looks weird to me.

 

G03aXRK.png

Stuff like this looks like something I'd expect to see on a Pokemon card or on maybe a Japanese website about a game?

 

Obviously not a big deal or anything, it just feels really out of place when MegaTen games tend to be pretty dark with very simple, hard-edged UI elements.

 

The styling looks exactly like the UI elements they used in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I never once heard or seen one of these games lol.

 

Have you ever heard of the Persona games? Those are a spin off of the Megami Tensei games. These games have been around since the NES days.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

The styling looks exactly like the UI elements they used in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

 

 

Have you ever heard of the Persona games? Those are a spin off of the Megami Tensei games. These games have been around since the NES days.

 

That is so strange that I never heard of these games. Yes, I'm familiar with Persona. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That is so strange that I never heard of these games. Yes, I'm familiar with Persona. 

 

Aside of the Persona games, the series isn't THAT popular outside of Japan. The core series has a million spinoffs that are really just an excuse for Atlas to reuse character designs and models. The mainline games are a lot less "anime" than the newer Persona games. SMTIV was so good. This is a franchise where it's perfectly viable and you're not considered to be getting the bad ending when you choose to become the antichrist or say fuck it and kill everyone on Earth.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

The Shin Megami Tensei games are pretty difficult, too. At least for me.

 

I think I'd more call them unforgiving. They're totally fair, but the games really expect you to fully make use of all the game mechanics. Just plow through all the enemies to grind through levels will leave you in a bad place. Spend too much time befriending demons and merging them will result in the same. You just need to strike a good balance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Just plow through all the enemies to grind through levels will leave you in a bad place.


That may be my problem. That’s how I play most RPGs...I’ll grind, grind, grind until my party is so OP I can simply walk into the boss encounter and just wreck house.

 

I can usually prevail but like...barely, lol.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

That may be my problem. That’s how I play most RPGs...I’ll grind, grind, grind until my party is so OP I can simply walk into the boss encounter and just wreck house.

 

I can usually prevail but like...barely, lol.

 

Did you play through Tokyo Mirage Sessions? The level up room was WAY too easy to abuse. I hit level 99 with far too much game yet to be played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I haven't. It's on my to-do list! 

 

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is for you then. Enemies don't scale, so spend some time in the leveling dungeon where everything gives you double XP and you'll be able to stomp your way through the game.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’ll give SMT IV another shot before this comes out. I don’t remember much about it, or why it didn’t click with me. 

 

 

SMT IV while having the same gameplay as previous games, always felt much different and to be honest I can't say why. It's not just that it was on the 3DS. I know I logged in some serious hours on it, but I don't think I ever finished it. (not that that should surprise anyone) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...