WarioWare: Get It Together! [09/10/21]

Keyser_Soze

Microgame mayhem comes to the Nintendo Switch™ system

Take on over 200 quick and quirky microgames—lightning-fast minigames filled with frantic fun—solo or with a friend! When his latest harebrained business scheme goes awry, Wario must use his signature style (and smell) to fix it. How? By playing a twisted collection microgames of course! From assembling a robot to pulling out a statue’s armpit hair, the WarioWare™: Get It Together! game is a comedic, cooperative microgame mashup.

Find a friendly frenzy with a mountain of microgames

Help out infamous game designer, Wario, after he gets sucked into his latest creation in Story Mode. Go it alone or with a friend in 2-player cooperative play—a first for the series! You can either play on the same system or via local wireless.

Play as Wario and his colorful crew

For the first time, YOU control Wario and friends inside their own chaotic games. Use their distinctly absurd abilities to take on a rush of microgames. Tip a turtle with the help of Wario’s dash or choose Ashley and hurl a spell at it. In WarioWare: Get It Together!, mix and match characters and microgames for maximum fun

40 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

What a deal! 

Though that is par for the course when it comes to console WarioWare games, isn't it? I'm pretty sure the Gamecube and Wii games were priced the same.

I'm not a game price historian and have never owned a WarioWare  game I don't believe, so I can't really comment.

I just know they have similar games, like Game Soup on steam and it's $3 :p

Some day there will be a pro or a Switch 2 or whatever so I’ll have to play it then, I love WarioWare a lot but just not enough to buy a new switch to play it on tv and propping my lite up and holding a joycon or whatever is not something I want to do.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:53 PM, stepee said:

Some day there will be a pro or a Switch 2 or whatever so I’ll have to play it then, I love WarioWare a lot but just not enough to buy a new switch to play it on tv and propping my lite up and holding a joycon or whatever is not something I want to do.

It's like two steps. Prop up the Lite and connect the JoyCon to it. Done. 

Do you know how long it took me to load, sign up, update, and start playing Street Fighter V on PS4 for the first time? Like a half hour. It was ridiculous. 

Still worth it. 

32 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

It's like two steps. Prop up the Lite and connect the JoyCon to it. Done. 

Do you know how long it took me to load, sign up, update, and start playing Street Fighter V on PS4 for the first time? Like a half hour. It was ridiculous. 

Still worth it. 

Also, I fucking beat Kid Icarus on 3ds with that shit control set up, I paid my dues, make someone else do this!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Also, I fucking beat Kid Icarus on 3ds with that shit control set up, I paid my dues, make someone else do this!

Oh man Kid Icarus Uprising was one of the best games this past decade. I doubt we'll get something as "let's go nuts!" anytime again soon. 

not being able to use the circle pad pro for twinstick controls was fucking EVIL of them.

The game was AMAZING though, now that game needs a port for sure, so many people would be surprised by how good and just absolutely packed that game is. It’s probably the best told story in a Nintendo game in terms of content and production values, it’s a hell of an adventure. Like take the weird shit away and you have an absolute classic.

Wait until Switch 2 actually so they can upgrade it a bit more, but yeah I’d buy the hell out of it and I think it could be bigger if they tried again now with normal controls. Then they can do the movie.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2021 at 12:43 PM, GameDadGrant said:

Oh man Kid Icarus Uprising was one of the best games this past decade. I doubt we'll get something as "let's go nuts!" anytime again soon. 

On 6/21/2021 at 2:20 PM, stepee said:

not being able to use the circle pad pro for twinstick controls was fucking EVIL of them.

The game was AMAZING though, now that game needs a port for sure, so many people would be surprised by how good and just absolutely packed that game is. It’s probably the best told story in a Nintendo game in terms of content and production values, it’s a hell of an adventure. Like take the weird shit away and you have an absolute classic.

Wait until Switch 2 actually so they can upgrade it a bit more, but yeah I’d buy the hell out of it and I think it could be bigger if they tried again now with normal controls. Then they can do the movie.

I'm currently playing through Kid Icarus, and I agree it's absolutely phenomenal.  But I'm fighting the controls at every step.  No matter how you slice it, it's just insane that it's a 3DS rather than a Wii game.  With pointer controls, I think it'd likely be a top 10 all-time Nintendo game.

22 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I'm currently playing through Kid Icarus, and I agree it's absolutely phenomenal.  But I'm fighting the controls at every step.  No matter how you slice it, it's just insane that it's a 3DS rather than a Wii game.  With pointer controls, I think it'd likely be a top 10 all-time Nintendo game.

They’d have to make it a fixed or auto camera for the ground missions to work properly. 

The controls are untraditional but wow they work well with this game.

55 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

They’d have to make it a fixed or auto camera for the ground missions to work properly. 

The controls are untraditional but wow they work well with this game.

I think adding a camera is certainly possible.  The game would still be best on the Wii, since the touch screen controls function very similarly to the Metroid Prime Collection, but it's not impossible to translate and I definitely think it could work with joy cons.  If anything, the big change I'd like to see is the dash mapped to a button.  Having it be controlled by how hard you push the thumbstick is super awkward, and results in lots of missed jumps and errant dashes.

• 2 weeks later...

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Back up the truck Beep BEEP BEEP BEEP, I just tried the demo and it seems to work fine on the switch lite with regular controls?! I think maybe needing joycons that just meant for multiplayer?

I’m trying to confirm if that is the case for the full single player and man I’m super fucking pumped if it’s true.

19 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

YAYAYAYAYA - You play the demo? It’s actually a pretty fair sized demo and gives you a good feel of how it’s like with the different playable characters now.

I’ll see after putting time into the full release but I’m pretty sure this is one of those changes Nintendo makes to the formula that actually improves the game. This is going to be such a great marathon some show and play game.

Im disappointed with what I’m seeing for Sonic Colors, looks rushed, and I kinda wanted to wait on that for deck anyway, so I’m just swapping that for this as my game this week. September stacked!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stepee said:

YAYAYAYAYA - You play the demo? It’s actually a pretty fair sized demo and gives you a good feel of how it’s like with the different playable characters now.

I’ll see after putting time into the full release but I’m pretty sure this is one of those changes Nintendo makes to the formula that actually improves the game. This is going to be such a great marathon some show and play game.

Im disappointed with what I’m seeing for Sonic Colors, looks rushed, and I kinda wanted to wait on that for deck anyway, so I’m just swapping that for this as my game this week. September stacked!

I don't want to play the demo because I don't want it to show up on my activity log (very @Bacon of me).

• Confused 1