Guardians of the Galaxy - Information Thread, update: March release for GamePass announced

Keyser_Soze

7 hours ago, stepee said:

This is how I normally feel about games, but it’s a gorgeous world and I would to be able to explore it a little more. It doesn’t even have to be side quests, but maybe a more open city with more main quest line stuff to do to explore. Not the whole game, just some larger sections that aren’t quite as funneled. 

Yeah I think Knowwhere would have been cool to explore... it was a very cool environment. Maybe if that was the Hub world? Otherwise I don't think the game needed to go full on open world.

• True 1

Just started my copy tonight and man is it a gorgeous looking game with RTX on with my XSX. Already the amount of dialogue and background banter is great, still getting use to some of the voices(over movie/cartoon) Plus the Star Lord band music is pretty damn great too. One chapter down and return to my ship after my arrest. I’m liking and can’t wait to give her more gameplay time

• Like 1

God I’m sucking at my huddles lately. I’m better to belittle them then encourage. Starting to unlock more abilities and I believe I was just starting Ch. 6 story wise. So far I think my purchase was well worth the $40 and hell, even a little more. How many fucking hours of dialog did they record for this thing. 

14 hours ago, silentbob said:

God I’m sucking at my huddles lately. I’m better to belittle them then encourage. Starting to unlock more abilities and I believe I was just starting Ch. 6 story wise. So far I think my purchase was well worth the $40 and hell, even a little more. How many fucking hours of dialog did they record for this thing. 

You can set huddles to automatic if you want. Guardians has amazingly granular difficulty settings.

Also, I'm pretty sure they just locked up the voice actors in booths for a month straight. The game was a 150GB install and then quickly shrunk down to 80GB. I'm guessing they saved 70GB by just compressing the audio.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

44 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You can set huddles to automatic if you want. Guardians has amazingly granular difficulty settings.

Also, I'm pretty sure they just locked up the voice actors in booths for a month straight. The game was a 150GB install and then quickly shrunk down to 80GB. I'm guessing they saved 70GB by just compressing the audio.

Im curious, why can’t the audio download/install already compressed?

53 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You can set huddles to automatic if you want. Guardians has amazingly granular difficulty settings..

will I need these correct huddles later in game? I kinda like the whole guessing thing but I also like winning. Actually didn’t know they could be set to auto

17 minutes ago, silentbob said:

will I need these correct huddles later in game? I kinda like the whole guessing thing but I also like winning. Actually didn’t know they could be set to auto

It really does help, but it's not really guessing. Don't pay too much attention to what they're saying if you find them being so over the place. Instead, watch the floating text to give you clues on what to focus on.

20 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It really does help, but it's not really guessing. Don't pay too much attention to what they're saying if you find them being so over the place. Instead, watch the floating text to give you clues on what to focus on.

They give clues in what they say too. I think I only got the huddle wrong once in the whole playtime.

16 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Yeah but I’m pretty damn stoned when I’m playing them late at night:lol: So auto I will search for tonight, but stoned and HDR gaming is amazing

oh man I played this high too and I can’t wait for you to get to this one part late in the game 

SPOILER BELOW DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU BEAT THE GAME

I was so baked when you are fighting the huge dragon creature to bring to Hellbender as penance and then there’s is this part where it’s slow mo with you doing some uppercut as fireworks are going past and this insane dragon and it was such ridiculous eye candy I just started busting out laughing, it was all too much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

oh man I played this high too and I can’t wait for you to get to this one part late in the game 

SPOILER BELOW DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU BEAT THE GAME

Hide contents

I was so baked when you are fighting the huge dragon creature to bring to Hellbender as penance and then there’s is this part where it’s slow mo with you doing some uppercut as fireworks are going past and this insane dragon and it was such ridiculous eye candy I just started busting out laughing, it was all too much.

I was straight sober and I still burst out laughing. It was the most metal scene in all of gaming.

• Haha 1

Just got to the start of Chapter 7 and 

Spoiler

OMG PUPPIES!!!! God are they cute as hell.

Also I gotta say they did a great job again with the dialogue and setting up some of these quieter intimate character moments you can activate. Beautiful moment between Drax and Peter if you activate it on Nowhere. Also up to 3 costume finds so far

• Like 2

Ok I took a night off last night and now completed Chapter 7. Holy shit the HDR AND RTX are just stunning at the end of the chapter and that opening of Chapter 8 😲 In some ways I think this might even surpass Ratchet and Clank as my most stunning/looking games of the year. Plus the chatter from Rocket has been nothing but a little shocking/god damn dark in his humour and I’m loving every second of it

48 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Ok I took a night off last night and now completed Chapter 7. Holy shit the HDR AND RTX are just stunning at the end of the chapter and that opening of Chapter 8 😲 In some ways I think this might even surpass Ratchet and Clank as my most stunning/looking games of the year. Plus the chatter from Rocket has been nothing but a little shocking/god damn dark in his humour and I’m loving every second of it

You playing on P.C.?

I started playing this yesterday, and while I'll admit the graphics are excellent, I'm not overwhelmed by the gameplay mechanics. Part of the problem stems from the exact same problem I had with Monster Hunter, in that in every battle I have, I honestly feel like I'm just mashing buttons and making absolutely no contribution whatsoever. And then I either win or lose based off of some kind of random factor that doesn't feel like it has anything to do with what I've done in the game on purpose. The dialogue is great. The pacing is excellent, but again, it feels like I'm just running along rails while the story is actually taking place around me. And that's not even a complaint. It's just a feeling I have throughout my entirety of playing the game so far.

Just beat Guardians of the Galaxy. I really enjoyed it for the story and characters. The combat wasn't anything special and more importantly not fun. What they produced for a comic book style game though was impressive and I'm glad I stuck it out after a slow start. Not sure if this is spoilers so

Spoiler

It looks like they are definitely making a sequel with how the game ends. I'm down for sure and if they can maybe open the game up a bit more and build upon the combat they could have an incredible game on their hands. 

Overall, I'd give the game a solid 8/10 and one of the better games I've played in a while. Thank again for those that recommend me to play this and for @ManUtdRedDevils for buying this for me. Great ride!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Two completely different games to compare. Buy yes, I enjoyed the tense gun fights in RE8 more so than GOTG.

I wasn't comparing the two games... I just know you dug RE Village and I'm not digging it for the same reasons you're not feeling GOTG's combat. The Combat in RE Village is my least favorite aspect of the game and is dragging down everything else. I like the exlporation and the puzzles.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wasn't comparing the two games... I just know you dug RE Village and I'm not digging it for the same reasons you're not feeling GOTG's combat. The Combat in RE Village is my least favorite aspect of the game and is dragging down everything else. I like the exlporation and the puzzles.

I see. You must be close to finishing it now. RE8 is definitely not for everyone and I agree with you it should go back to 3rd person view.

51 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I believe I’m close to finishing as I just completed Chapter 13. Getting better at finding my costumes but I wish I did better looking around at the start. Loving the story and the emotional moments that keep coming out from it. Can’t wait to see how it ends

Yeah you’re close

• Like 1

. . . and I beat it. Great story and saw where the ending would go but still liked the way it played out. Plus I want the most metal moment ever as a poster. 

I won’t lie that I kinda wish there was an achievement for constantly closing the fridge door. Make it some sort of fatherly advise achievement or not made of money

• Like 1

19 hours ago, silentbob said:

. . . and I beat it. Great story and saw where the ending would go but still liked the way it played out. Plus I want the most metal moment ever as a poster. 

I won’t lie that I kinda wish there was an achievement for constantly closing the fridge door. Make it some sort of fatherly advise achievement or not made of money

My favorite bit was when everyone thought they were the only one to ever close the fridge.

Been a while since I posted, but this is the perfect place to do it.

GotG is my game of the year :P

Haven't poured that much time into a game in quote some time. Bought it day one and glad I did....had it beat within a week, and i'm notorious for not finishing games, lol.

This might be my first new game+/replay since the OG Mass Effect

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

• 1 month later...

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy "undershot our initial expectations", says Square Enix

...director Yosuke Matsuda stated: "The HD Games sub-segment launched Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy in Q3. Despite strong reviews, the game's sales on launch undershot our initial expectations".

However, Matsuda went on to say: "Sales initiatives that we kicked off in November 2021 and continued into the new year have resulted in sales growth, and we intend to work to continue to expand sales to make up for the title's slow start".

So, at least they aren't ready to give up on it yet it sounds.