Guardians of the Galaxy - Information Thread, update: March release for GamePass announced

Keyser_Soze

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah there is a difficulty spike towards the last third of the game. Nothing crazy, but still pretty noticeable.

With Halo challenging me I'm more into games that give me a challenge these days. I'll just play it on normal and see how it goes. I really look forward to playing this!

Finished it the other day. Def in the running for my GotY(although Village pretty much has that locked down). The ending is so utterly fantastic. 

The best part of this game is that it almost

never drags. The story is draped across every single inch of the game. You’re always progressing and moving forward. Never a point where I went “ugh I just need to get through this to get to the next story part” by the end I genuinely felt move invested and cared more about this Guardians team than the movie Guardians. And as someone else said Chapter 14 is so fantastic. It out Mass Effect’s Mass Effect in that chapter and the cassette grab could be the best moment in gaming in the last decade 😂

That being said I’d be fine if we didn’t get another one. This told a pretty complete story with a lot on the line for all the characters. And CD is such an utterly fantastic studio I kinda would rather just seeing what they can do with different IPs each game Instead of sticking with one for a decade at a time. 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Finished it the other day. Def in the running for my GotY(although Village pretty much has that locked down). The ending is so utterly fantastic. 

never drags. The story is draped across every single inch of the game. You’re always progressing and moving forward. Never a point where I went “ugh I just need to get through this to get to the next story part” by the end I genuinely felt move invested and cared more about this Guardians team than the movie Guardians. And as someone else said Chapter 14 is so fantastic. It out Mass Effect’s Mass Effect in that chapter and the cassette grab could be the best moment in gaming in the last decade 😂

That being said I’d be fine if we didn’t get another one. This told a pretty complete story with a lot on the line for all the characters. And CD is such an utterly fantastic studio I kinda would rather just seeing what they can do with different IPs each game Instead of sticking with one for a decade at a time. 

God I can't wait to play this!

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

This game is incredibly well paced. It's one of those things that other plot-heavy videogames miss. Like, I get it. Pacing is difficult because you have to worry about the needs of the story along with the needs of the gameplay. Guardians just does a really good job threading that needle. A large portion of that is likely because they did away with a lot of the fluff games include to pad their runtime. It makes for a much more lean experience.

8 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy was developed by Eidos Montreal, not Crystal Dynamics.

I played 2 hours and only got to chapter 2. I selected the Ray tracing mode but haven't really noticed any reflections or anything of the sort. It's running fine at 30fps and the game looks very good. The dialogue is the highlight of the game so far. The characters are cool and I mostly enjoyed what I've play thus far. The combat is extremely basic but I only got one upgrade.

Again, I went into this with too high expectations and I'm not overly pleased with the game so far. I know I'm extremely early so I really don't have a valid opinion yet. Don't get me wrong, it's cool but coming off the Halo high I just feel a bit let down. It's a well made game so far.

PS @skillzdadirecta I believe you said Guardians of the Galaxy has better visuals than Halo and I disagree. There is better texture work and lighting in Halo when compared to this.

Overall, I enjoyed what I played and hope it keeps getting better. I see potential with upgrades etc. It's extremely linear too so coming off Halo I have to adjust to that as well. 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played 2 hours and only got to chapter 2. I selected the Ray tracing mode but haven't really noticed any reflections or anything of the sort. It's running fine at 30fps and the game looks very good. The dialogue is the highlight of the game so far. The characters are cool and I mostly enjoyed what I've play thus far. The combat is extremely basic but I only got one upgrade.

Again, I went into this with too high expectations and I'm not overly pleased with the game so far. I know I'm extremely early so I really don't have a valid opinion yet. Don't get me wrong, it's cool but coming off the Halo high I just feel a bit let down. It's a well made game so far.

PS @skillzdadirecta I believe you said Guardians of the Galaxy has better visuals than Halo and I disagree. There is better texture work and lighting in Halo when compared to this.

Overall, I enjoyed what I played and hope it keeps getting better. I see potential with upgrades etc. It's extremely linear too so coming off Halo I have to adjust to that as well. 

Keep playing... it's good for entirely different reasons than Halo. Everyone has told you the story is the highlight of the game and is what makes it notable. Everyone's taste is different but I'm sure the game is doing more on a technical level than Halo is but I could be wrong about that. Gameplay gets better as the game progresses.

45 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Keep playing... it's good for entirely different reasons than Halo. Everyone has told you the story is the highlight of the game and is what makes it notable. Everyone's taste is different but I'm sure the game is doing more on a technical level than Halo is but I could be wrong about that. Gameplay gets better as the game progresses.

Oh, I plan on beating the game. I'm glad I introduced myself to the game this evening to get a feel for it. It's a cool game but I'm not as hyped as everyone on this forum is on it. But again, I'm extremely early. Good  to hear the gameplay gets better 👍 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, I plan on beating the game. I'm glad I introduced myself to the game this evening to get a feel for it. It's a cool game but I'm not as hyped as everyone on this forum is on it. But again, I'm extremely early. Good  to hear the gameplay gets better 👍 

I mean it unlocks more powers and abilities which open up the game more but it pretty much is what it is. The story is the real star here which is what I thought we were all pretty clear about. 

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I mean it unlocks more powers and abilities which open up the game more but it pretty much is what it is. The story is the real star here which is what I thought we were all pretty clear about. 

I understand the story and dialogue are the strong points in this game. 

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Best is the hardest person to read. 

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Not really.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I went into this with too high expectations and I'm not overly pleased with the game so far. I know I'm extremely early so I really don't have a valid opinion yet. Don't get me wrong, it's cool but coming off the Halo high I just feel a bit let down.

I think that you would like it more if you saw the movies, and were familiar with the characters already. I don’t think that you can appreciate it as much being completely unfamiliar with the characters.

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe look at surfaces that are reflective

I did. :| It's nothing to praise imo.

9 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I think that you would like it more if you saw the movies, and were familiar with the characters already. I don’t think that you can appreciate it as much being completely unfamiliar with the characters.

Probably true but I like the characters already. Like I said, I'm EXTREMELY early so I have to give this game a chance. I never said I don't like it. It was a solid first 2 hours.

I finally watched the entire video on the ray tracing and I now know what to look for. It's definitely an impressive improvement and it still runs fine at 30fps.

I can't play tonight but I look forward to playing tomorrow and really digging into this game. I just had to adjust from coming off an open world game in halo to a linear style game but I liked what I've played so far. I think it's pretty cool so early on. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I finally watched the entire video on the ray tracing and I now know what to look for. It's definitely an impressive improvement and it still runs fine at 30fps.

I can't play tonight but I look forward to playing tomorrow and really digging into this game. I just had to adjust from coming off an open world game in halo to a linear style game but I liked what I've played so far. I think it's pretty cool so early on. 

Careful bruh, @Keyser_Sozewill be critiquing your every word lol.

• Haha 1