Guardians of the Galaxy - Information Thread, update: March release for GamePass announced

Keyser_Soze

Chapter 14 is so damn good ahhhh. It’s insane looking at times.

Man I hope the good word of mouth makes this a consistent seller and leads to a sequel. At this point with everything unlocked I’m really getting into the groove of the combat and would love to see a sequel that takes off mechanically from right here and builds off from that point. I think they might have taken too long to give out all the weapon powers, it’s when you have at least 3 and then especially all 4 that the full combat potential is there and it takes almost the entire game to get to that point. I don’t think that needed to be something they teased out so much,  it would be fine if you had them all by like midpoint.

Anyway that is to say the game just keeps getting better and a sequel could really be something special yeah. But this is definitely a great game on its own.

The part in chapter 14 where

you jump grab the cassette tape as the big fucking space dragon flies by and breathes fire

was so amazingly bad ass and being a total graphics whore who of course went into photo mode it just made it even funnier to me for some reason.

• Shocked 1

On 11/21/2021 at 8:49 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah I keep seeing the "criticism" that it is linear. But so what? Is that a bad thing? It's a story focused RPG with not a lot of bloat. Plenty of games are linear and no one holds it against the game but people sure like to point it out for this game.

Yeah the fact that linear gets tossed around as a negative is so ass backwards. Give me a straight up linear game with good gameplay and sweet scripted story/experience over an UBI bloated boring open world 10/10 times. In fact…fuck open worlds and everyone responsible for their rise to prominence. 

53 minutes ago, johnny said:

what bothers me the most about it is choosing the abilities. kinda wish they just copied the mass effect wheel. 

For me it all clicked at a point, but kind of late in the game. Basic once you memorize how all the options work, or at least your favorites, then you are just mashing the combination for the move more seamlessly. There are also I guess spoiler abilities I won’t mention but are given out over too long a period. The flow of the combat doesn’t really reveal itself until the last fourth of the game.

But it does at least constantly get better!

• True 1

Also if you are playing this and haven’t gotten the slow time on perfect dodge upgrade do it asap. Combat is twice as good once that’s unlocked.

The feeling of the dodge, then slowing down time as I slide around another enemy shooting them and issuing attacks on the enemy I dodged to finish them off while I take on the new foe and such, those moments were when combat shined a lot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I like having games to look forward to. I do it every year. I will buy myself a few games and wait until Christmas to open them. This year it’s Guardians and Metroid Dread. It’s just something I do that takes me back to my childhood. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nublood said:

I like having games to look forward to. I do it every year. I will buy myself a few games and wait until Christmas to open them. This year it’s Guardians and Metroid Dread. It’s just something I do that takes me back to my childhood. 

I can relate. I could have at least tried this out on my Xbox but decided to wait until I'm really ready to play a good sp game. I'm keeping it out if reach just to be sure I have something to look forward too. I also have Psychonauts 2 waiting which I haven't checked out. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

finished this the other day and it's awesome. possibly my GOTY

The second to last boss fight was pretty hard. Through most of the game I was just flying around doing whatever and it mostly worked. Had to approach it like a dark souls boss after the first few deaths. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

finished this the other day and it's awesome. possibly my GOTY

The second to last boss fight was pretty hard. Through most of the game I was just flying around doing whatever and it mostly worked. Had to approach it like a dark souls boss after the first few deaths. 

Yeah there is a difficulty spike towards the last third of the game. Nothing crazy, but still pretty noticeable.