Guardians of the Galaxy - Information Thread, update: March release for GamePass announced

Keyser_Soze

On 10/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Having played both, it's pretty similar to the Avengers single player campaign except much more lighthearted and funnier. While Avengers has better overall combat than this, this game is better at utilizing the team mechanic. Probably because this game didn't have the extra burden of multiple player characters and co-op. As I've said repeatedly, ignore all of the looter post game stuff in Avengers if you want and just play the single player campaign and story DLC's. That stuff is really good. Avengers stumbles in its post game stuff mostly due to repetition and poor implementation of the loot mechanic. 

Now I'm actually interested in Avengers. I didn't really have much interest in co-op and I just about never bother with post-game content.

Either way, I'm really enjoying Guardians. The banter is perfect and I like the way the team play works here.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Now I'm actually interested in Avengers. I didn't really have much interest in co-op and I just about never bother with post-game content.

Either way, I'm really enjoying Guardians. The banter is perfect and I like the way the team play works here.

Ignore co-op and the post game and the Avengers is great. Plus you have what, 9 unique characters to choose from that all play great?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

skillz sold me on giving Avengers a serious shot and I ended up agreeing with him myself! It’s really fun, and you don’t have to go out of your way to avoid the non single player stuff at all, there were like maybe a couple parts it tried to suggest some other mode or some shit but it really is paced quite similarly to this..it just also has other stuff that isn’t good on top.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:51 PM, stepee said:

I don’t know the comics or anything much but I do know I usually prefer weird Marvel movies, so I’d like to see some more of that in games. Like a Dr Strange or Ant Man game sounds more fun to me than more Iron Man or Captain America.

I would love an Ant Man game by this same team, even if I have no idea how they'd be able to do the shrinking in real time. That would require some wild loading of assets as everything changes from human scale to ant scale.

• Like 1

Up to chapter 4 and loving it. The “Huddle Up” mechanic is so hilariously fantastic. Rest of the combat is ok. I feel like they should have slowed down time when you’re in the Guardians tab like FFVII remake or Mass Effect. That would go a long way. The story is super engaging so far, this is first game in a long long time that makes me Just want to keep going and going. 

59 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I would love an Ant Man game by this same team, even if I have no idea how they'd be able to do the shrinking in real time. That would require some wild loading of assets as everything changes from human scale to ant scale.

Sounds like a perfect exercise for the ssds in the new consoles!

28 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. This game is as good as the movies if not better in some ways. The writing, the acting... all top notch.

I might like every character here better than any of their movie counterparts...except maybe Chris Pratt's Star-Lord because he was seemingly born for the role. Even then, part of that might be only be because they had to leave enough wiggle room for the player to role play here. That takes absolutely nothing away from the Jon McLaren's Star-Lord. His work on this game is wildly well done.

This game has very much been a "I just got the vaccine booster and I really should be resting, but I'm playing this instead" kind of game.

You know how there's a bunch of games where people say they have great stories, but they don't really? They just have good stories for a videogame. This one is just a great story and the cast really carries it. It's so good that I don't even care that I upset Rocket by letting Drax throw him across that ravine. It's the only time in the game anyone got upset with me, but that rodent bastard deserved it for the joke he pulled on me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. This game is as good as the movies if not better in some ways. The writing, the acting... all top notch.

Max was saying this last night. In fact he said this game might be so good that people could be disappointed by GOTG 3.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Max was saying this last night. In fact he said this game might be so good that people could be disappointed by GOTG 3.

This game very much reminds me of the Ghostbusters video game in that way. This game feels very much like they’re operating off what was supposed to Be the script for a third movie 

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Getting real tired of closing the refrigerator door :p

There a great bit of dialog that's easy to miss regarding the fridge after a certain someone hitches a ride on your ship either at the end of chapter 11 or beginning of chapter 12. I will, once more, blame everything on Rocket.

I’m enjoying the game still but apparently it’s racist :(

resetera-brandmark.png?_v=92b3d4c7
WWW.RESETERA.COM

In a sequence where they talk to the Nova World mind you can fill out a application to join the core. On it it asks what planet you from one of the choices is "Urf". The well known and lowkey...

39 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m enjoying the game still but apparently it’s racist :(

resetera-brandmark.png?_v=92b3d4c7
WWW.RESETERA.COM

In a sequence where they talk to the Nova World mind you can fill out a application to join the core. On it it asks what planet you from one of the choices is "Urf". The well known and lowkey...

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah they've far surpassed Nathan Drake and his crew and the your squad from Dragon Age origins. Great writing and performances.

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ve never even heard of this meme before 

No one has... except for the racists themselves :shh:

On 10/31/2021 at 12:41 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Which Ghostbusters game??? I need to play it!

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1607351334
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The beloved and critically acclaimed Ghostbusters video game is back! Strap on your proton pack once again and join the Ghostbusters on the adventure with the voice and likeness of the original crew as you battle to save New York!

this one.

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1607351334
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The beloved and critically acclaimed Ghostbusters video game is back! Strap on your proton pack once again and join the Ghostbusters on the adventure with the voice and likeness of the original crew as you battle to save New York!

this one.

Yeah @Mercury33 put me up on it. Already bought :p

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I plan on playing this soon. How long is the game? Some of the impressions in here are pretty high praise. New game syndrome or is it actually that good? What game would you compare it to?

15-20 hours. It’s actually very good, I’m gonna play some more later today, I’m about 2/3rd through. It’s a mix of a few things but to me it kind of plays like Uncharted in Space at least in the beats and flow of the game. The combat itself is more like FF15/FF7R style combat, it works really well since the whole game is trying to make you feel part of this team. An effort which it succeeds at admirably.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

15-20 hours. It’s actually very good, I’m gonna play some more later today, I’m about 2/3rd through. It’s a mix of a few things but to me it kind of plays like Uncharted in Space at least in the beats and flow of the game. The combat itself is more like FF15/FF7R style combat, it works really well since the whole game is trying to make you feel part of this team. An effort which it succeeds at admirably.

Awesome and thanks. I'll definitely be playing this after I'm finished with the games I have on my list right now.

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I beat it the other day and it's definitely in the running for game of the year for me and one of the best stories I've ever played in a game.

Daaamn. This is a must play for sure!