Redfall (Xbox Series/PC) - Open World Co-Op Shooter from Arkane, update: Doritos/Mountain Dew/Rockstar Energy Drink cosmetic DLC now available!

Keyser_Soze

Looks cool. Main concern is that it looks veeeery slow (hallmark of console-first design, with PC being a port), but it's entirely possible it's that way for trailer purposes. Many games do that to make them look cooler. I'll wait for future actual gameplay videos from real people to make a decision on whether to buy on PC, but it's definitely on my radar!

On 1/26/2023 at 10:01 AM, CitizenVectron said:

Looks cool. Main concern is that it looks veeeery slow (hallmark of console-first design, with PC being a port), but it's entirely possible it's that way for trailer purposes. Many games do that to make them look cooler. I'll wait for future actual gameplay videos from real people to make a decision on whether to buy on PC, but it's definitely on my radar!

If you have GP Ultimate it’s free on PC as well. And you can get 1$ pc game pass trials 

• SaysWho? changed the title to Redfall releases May 2, 2023. 10 min of gameplay

Since its first announcement, I haven't felt an ounce of hype around this title. I'm sure it will be a good game to play because the studio making it knows great game play. The problem tends to be that they make games that don't click for the wider spectrum of gamers. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I would be surprised if its a hit. 

• True 1

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Redfall (Xbox/PC, May 2, 2023) - Open World Co-Op Shooter from Arkane - Pre-Order Bite Back Edition Now!

While I'm always online and have excellent internet, I don't tend to care... but I do care in the sense that while my internet is great, developers are pieces of shit who take their game servers down ASAP, so would them taking whatever servers this connects to cause it to become unplayable?

Let's not forget that even multiplayer-exclusive games with large populations can have their servers taken down just a few years later. Hell, if it flops hard enough like Rumbleverse you don't even get one year!

• True 1

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

While I'm always online and have excellent internet, I don't tend to care... but I do care in the sense that while my internet is great, developers are pieces of shit who take their game servers down ASAP, so would them taking whatever servers this connects to cause it to become unplayable?

Let's not forget that even multiplayer-exclusive games with large populations can have their servers taken down just a few years later. Hell, if it flops hard enough like Rumbleverse you don't even get one year!

I completely understand being disappointed that a game that ostensibly has a significant single-player component (as Arkane claims this one does) contains an always online requirement.  My puzzlement is that anyone would be "surprised" that this particular games has that requirement considering what we've seen of it so far.

Disappointed? Sure - I totally get that!

Surprised?  Not so much.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Redfall (Xbox/PC, 02 May 2023) - Open World Co-Op Shooter from Arkane, update: always-online requirement for single-player mode revealed
18 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I completely understand being disappointed that a game that ostensibly has a significant single-player component (as Arkane claims this one does) contains an always online requirement.  My puzzlement is that anyone would be "surprised" that this particular games has that requirement considering what we've seen of it so far.

Disappointed? Sure - I totally get that!

Surprised?  Not so much.

Oh, I'm not surprised at all. If anything I'm surprised by how many games don't have online requirements!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Redfall (Xbox/PC, 02 May 2023) - Open World Co-Op Shooter from Arkane, update: "Official Extended Gameplay and World Exploration" trailer and "Our Questions Answered" video (IGN Fan Fest 2023)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Redfall (Xbox/PC, 02 May 2023) - Open World Co-Op Shooter from Arkane, update: crossplay between all platforms confirmed
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Redfall (Xbox/PC, 02 May 2023) - Open World Co-Op Shooter from Arkane, update: Official Story Trailer