REPLACED (Xbox/PC) - 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer, update: delay to 2024 announced

Keyser_Soze

REPLACED is a 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer where you play as R.E.A.C.H. - an artificial intelligence trapped in a human body against its own will. REPLACED combines cinematic platforming, pixel art and free-flow action combat with a deep, engaging dystopian story set in an alternative 1980’s.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to REPLACED - 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer [Coming 2022 to PC and Xbox]
  • 11 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to REPLACED (Xbox/PC) - 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer, update: delayed to 2023 due to Russian imperialist aggression
  • 6 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to REPLACED (Xbox/PC) - 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer, update: TGA 2022 World Premiere Trailer
Replaced_Hero-de726618a318594fad64.jpg?f
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Replaced returned in a big way at The Game Awards with a brand-new trailer, a closer look at Phoenix-City, the further possibilities of free-flow combat and another spine-tingling piece of music. Is it 2023 yet? Earlier this year, Coatsink and Thunderful made the very difficult decision to postpone Replaced. Since the announcement, Sad Cat Studios […]

Over the past year Sad Cat has completely transitioned to a custom rendering solution. This pushes the fidelity of Replaced’s hybrid pixel-art style even further, making it easier to achieve visual and performance goals. For example, the team can now achieve more dynamic weather effects, more natural lighting, and ultimately more convincing materials.

Beyond visuals, Sad Cat has been perfecting the combat and platforming to make for an exceptionally smooth gameplay experience. Hundreds of animations have been added to the game so the developers can ensure the characters always feel alive on your journey through alternate ‘80s America.

All these complex assets come together like a pixel-art movie, achieved using handcrafted camera direction present throughout the whole game.

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's true. Still waiting on The Last Night but Anno: Mutationem was great (and the Shadowrun trilogy, also excellent). I'm all in on trying this.

I've heard the developer of The Last Night regularly posts updates on their Discord sounds like it's coming along well.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He does but man has it been a real long time. I know the game was basically shelved for a few years as they changed publishers but c'mon now.

I love me some pixel art but with that high of quality it takes a lot of time.

• 8 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to REPLACED (Xbox/PC) - 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer, update: delay to 2024 announced