The Outer WORLDS 2 - "Official Announce Trailer" (in the loosest sense of the word)

Keyser_Soze

I think whether or not you think that trailer is genius is a good indicator of whether you'll find the game hilarious or... less than hilarious, actually. I couldn't stand the humor in The Outer Worlds and that trailer felt like a fan spoof trailer to me aside from the production values. Not intensely unfunny or anything but if you're going for self-aware with a big budget, I expect the writing to be a few tiers higher than Honest Trailers. I did enjoy "say goodbye to it forever" though. That one's true of too many damned games.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Outer WORLDS 2 - "Official Announce Trailer" (in the loosest sense of the word)

It was nominated for Game of the Year wasn't it?  I haven't played it yet, so don't know the humor or tone the game takes.

I think it got a lot of initial hype just because it wasn't Fallout 76, and was simply a single player FPS RPG.  There still are a lot of people that really seemed to love it though.  I plan to dive into it at some point soon though.  

10 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

It was nominated for Game of the Year wasn't it?  I haven't played it yet, so don't know the humor or tone the game takes.

I think it got a lot of initial hype just because it wasn't Fallout 76, and was simply a single player FPS RPG.  There still are a lot of people that really seemed to love it though.  I plan to dive into it at some point soon though.  

Don't waste your time. It's a Fallot New Vegas wannabe that fails miserably. It starts off well enough but falls apart quickly. It's not nearly as opened ended and the story and characters are shitty. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Don't waste your time. It's a Fallot New Vegas wannabe that fails miserably. It starts off well enough but falls apart quickly. It's not nearly as opened ended and the story and characters are shitty. 

Nah, I'll definitely give it a shot on my own and judge it for myself.  I've found I really enjoy a lot of games that others are overly critical of.  And if there is a proper bigger and better sequel, I'll want to know the story of the franchise.

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Nah, I'll definitely give it a shot on my own and judge it for myself.  I've found I really enjoy a lot of games that others are overly critical of.  And if there is a proper bigger and better sequel, I'll want to know the story of the franchise.

Just make sure you to come back to this thread when you're disappointed so I can say I told you so. :p