Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023

Keyser_Soze

21 minutes ago, The def star said:

They put out a hot fix today and so far so good. I was having the game freeze up on me when applying tunes but hasn't happened today.

Yeah I jumped on for an hour or so tonight and no freezing issues. At least the now say “saving right now” with my spinning saving swirl. Still some slow loads here and there, but not nearly as bad

11 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I've now done every event except for finishing some of the 'story' challenges, but there is still plenty to do. 3 staring some of the speed zones are irritating me and trying to puzzle out how to reach some of the damn boards is driving me nut :p 

There's this one under a bridge. I have to come flying in from the hillside, but the angle makes no sense.

Tharlt final race was quite something. I needed to stretch halfway through.

Kinda blown away that Forza 5 is out, one of my most loved racing franchise EVER and I have 20 minutes on it!! That and Halo too, I just can't seem to get to most games anymore, I get hyped they come out, and they get shoved into the endless backlog! Maybe actually not being able to get a ps5 is a really really good thing....lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Keyser_Soze changed the title to Forza Horizon 5 [November 9, 2021] - Information Thread - Hot Wheels Available July 19
  • 4 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 12:19 PM, Spork3245 said:

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/10944080013843-NVIDIA-DLSS-AMD-FSR-and-DirectX-Ray-Tracing-Improvements-in-Forza-Horizon-5

Forza Horizon 5 PC upcoming patch (November 8th) adds FSR, DLSS/DLAA, and the ability to enable ray-tracing in free roam, races, and photo mode.

I just searched for this thread to post this, no idea how I missed it!

Going to be nuts! It already looks insane at 120fps on a 4090.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone bought the Hot Wheels expansion? I’m sort of tempted to get it for the $23Cnd with some of the free money MS rewards gave me last year. I haven’t played the game in a while and got more games to finish then I like to admit, but it’s a good relaxing time waster when I’m not in a too competitive mood. Plus the HW stuff looks like a bunch of fun

4 hours ago, silentbob said:

Has anyone bought the Hot Wheels expansion? I’m sort of tempted to get it for the $23Cnd with some of the free money MS rewards gave me last year. I haven’t played the game in a while and got more games to finish then I like to admit, but it’s a good relaxing time waster when I’m not in a too competitive mood. Plus the HW stuff looks like a bunch of fun

Funny you ask this as this past weekend I in fact did buy this DLC (for a title I 'own' via through Game Pass) & it wasn't until after I buy it in game that I see there was a Gold deal with both Forza Horizon 4 AND 5 gold editions w/ all DLC for less than the DLC I just got for FH5 solely, so just be aware!

As for the content itself, when it was downloaded & went to boot up ... it crashed the game and I haven't revisited it since Shoulder Shrug GIF

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I didn't play the Lego DLC, so I'll probably play both simultaneously.  I'm guessing this will be out last week of March or early April?

Welllll shadow drops are all the rage these days…

pleasseeeeee be a city expansion 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023
On 2/23/2023 at 12:14 AM, 5timechamp said:

I hope the DLC is good, dirt racing would be fine.. just nothing too drift centric..

just wish theyd throw in a few “new to horizon” modes like lap knockouts.. or even a tool to expand photo mode (let me place multiple cars into a pic)

You don't enjoy throwing your car side to side for massive accolade points!? One of the highlights of this game personally for sure!!

So, I love racing games.  Specifically arcade racers.  Sim racing now dominates video games, which is a shame because it's so dreadfully boring.  I've spent a ton of time with Sega classics like Sega Rally and Daytona USA, and more recently with stuff from Codemasters like the DiRT games (DiRT 2 and GRID 2 are incredible).  I also have played a smattering of recent indie arcade racers (Inertial Drift, Hotshot Racing, Slipstream, etc.), which while good, just do not reach the same heights that we saw in the 5th and 6th console generations.

All of that to say, I constantly see extremely high praise for the Forza games, but the vibe/aesthetic and open world aspects have always turned me way off.  As someone who loves arcade racing, but generally dislikes modern game design (online/co-op focus/endless menus and stats/open world), is there enough here for me to get over these hangups and enjoy this game?