Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023

Keyser_Soze

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anime skins have come a long way

spacer.png

Also I joined the D1P club!

The community designs have been pretty great. My son has been choosing them for me. My street car is a wildly obnoxious Kirby 911. My off roader is a Pikachu S1. My drag car is a chandelure GT500. He's been pretty happy with them so far.

57 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Whatever that seasonal race is, @The def star's car is on some shit. So hard to beat!

The seasonals for winter have been pretty challenging. I had a tough time with the street scene race because the car I chose had a difficult time with the corners but I was determined to use my Focus RS for that. The Rival racing is damn fun. The more people that join the D1P club the better!

1 hour ago, The def star said:

The seasonals for winter have been pretty challenging. I had a tough time with the street scene race because the car I chose had a difficult time with the corners but I was determined to use my Focus RS for that. The Rival racing is damn fun. The more people that join the D1P club the better!

The car above is what I used for mine, the Nissan Pulsar, it had the 2nd highest power rating for the event but it certainly has some issues, but you put an anime girl on your car you're married to it. Thems the rules!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

@The def star What is up with this car? Just ran The Colossus and you were bumping me nearly the entire time.

share discover GIF

TBH I'm not sure what my Drivatar is like. I usually try to drive clean in my races. Maybe depends on the Drivatar difficulty you are playing on. I don't enjoy playing on anything higher than Highly Skilled. The game bumped me up to Expert and I had to fight for the top spot which was frustrating because the Drivatar would either slam me against a wall or just take off on me in a straight away even though we would have the same car and PI.

14 minutes ago, The def star said:

share discover GIF

TBH I'm not sure what my Drivatar is like. I usually try to drive clean in my races. Maybe depends on the Drivatar difficulty you are playing on. I don't enjoy playing on anything higher than Highly Skilled. The game bumped me up to Expert and I had to fight for the top spot which was frustrating because the Drivatar would either slam me against a wall or just take off on me in a straight away even though we would have the same car and PI.

I'd love to know what actually goes into the drivatar. I have a buddy who's about the same. Plays on a higher difficulty and drives fairly clean, but everytime I face him I don't even really notice his car is there until I see him at the bottom of the results. I've been giving him a lot of shit over it, even if I know he'd destroy me in an actual head to head race.

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

@The def star What is up with this car? Just ran The Colossus and you were bumping me nearly the entire time.

I did a drag race on the plane tarmac before the big jump and his car is already ahead of me once they say GO! I’m trying to do the S2 run and I think @The def star car has to be a Bugatti. So I’m saving up and gonna buy me one soon   

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He claims "fairly clean" and "plays on hard difficulty" but you know when he's got a shot at first on a turn he's slamming that car! :p

I freely admit I often seem like a dirty racer, but it's not intentional...I just stink :p Heck there are times I lose control on a straightaway. 

I wish there was a way (and maybe there is and I just haven't found it) to turn off all traffic. I hate when I'm trying to do one of the challenges and there are a half dozen cars getting in my way

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I freely admit I often seem like a dirty racer, but it's not intentional...I just stink :p Heck there are times I lose control on a straightaway. 

I wish there was a way (and maybe there is and I just haven't found it) to turn off all traffic. I hate when I'm trying to do one of the challenges and there are a half dozen cars getting in my way

This is pretty much where I am. I know I'm pretty bad at the game, but I get by. I've also raised all my cars because I know I'm going off road at some point in any race and I want to be able to not spin completely out of control.

7 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Do you play from cockpit view? I've found since I learned to drive that playing a driving game from chase view to be detached and very difficult. Playing in cockpit view  makes more sense to me.

On 12/1/2021 at 11:12 PM, Ghost_MH said:

I didn't know it was possible to make a videogame car feel like a death trap. If anyone wants to know what that feels like, dump $100k worth of upgrades into an Isetta.

Just did this last night after I purchased the car. My gawd she is fast after paying for the upgrades, almost Bugatti fast. Still having a blast playing before Halo’s release next week

The new patch has screwed up my online play. FH5 says it can’t see the server even though the Xbox app says I am connected with an open NAT. 

I also have to run it in administrator mode. 

14 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I haven't bothered with arcade event because the driving and tracks in this game really compelling.

There are lots of bugs with the online - this is one of the biggest. 

17 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The new patch has screwed up my online play. FH5 says it can’t see the server even though the Xbox app says I am connected with an open NAT. 

I also have to run it in administrator mode. 

There are lots of bugs with the online - this is one of the biggest. 

I’m running into a lot more bugs since the last patch went out. I have done wheelspin, won a car, proceed to add to garage. My screen will go black and the loading icon appears and just keeps a spinning in the bottom right corner with no progress. Also happens a bit when applying tune-ups to my cars as well. Not all the time but I had to restart the game 3 times alone last night within a 2hr span before calling it quits. 

On 12/5/2021 at 6:21 AM, silentbob said:

I’m running into a lot more bugs since the last patch went out. I have done wheelspin, won a car, proceed to add to garage. My screen will go black and the loading icon appears and just keeps a spinning in the bottom right corner with no progress. Also happens a bit when applying tune-ups to my cars as well. Not all the time but I had to restart the game 3 times alone last night within a 2hr span before calling it quits. 

They put out a hot fix today and so far so good. I was having the game freeze up on me when applying tunes but hasn't happened today.