Jump to content

Forza Horizon 5 [November 9, 2021] - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic and Digitial Foundry tech analysis posted


Keyser_Soze
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

 

@stepee I watched this video and it seems the pc version doesn't offer that much of a quality difference when compared to the XSX. They were disappointed in some of the ways the pc version was handled.

 

They need to get used to the PC not being the lead spec. XGS games are gonna have parity between the XSX and PC for the forseeable future. Theyre not gonna lead the charge to out-date their own console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

Really? What does the rest of your rig look like? Wondering because I'm running on the ultra preset at 4k with no scaling on Windows 11 with a 3900x/2080TI and I'm getting well over 60fps...not that it matters because the game is locked at 60fps. I just reran the benchmark and, yeah, 73fps average on the GPU.

5900x, 3080, 1TB 970 Evo Plus, 16GB 3600 RAM.

23 hours ago, stepee said:

 

He has some issue going on, I’m running on a 3080 in Win11 with no problems. First thing that comes to mind is to try without gsync if they see using that.

 

Also @Nokt I’ve had annoying stuff before with games only running the way I wanted them to in windowed mode (usually older stuff) and for those games I used this program: 

WESTECHSOLUTIONS.NET

Play all your games in windowed borderless


This should let you experience the game normally.

 

 

Reinstalling windows actually helped, I still get random dips or stuttering, but its at least playable in full screen. Still runs flawlessly in windowed mode though. I might run DDU again and reinstall the nvidia drivers and see if its just a case of Nvidias first W11 driver not being stable.

23 hours ago, stepee said:

On mine I have a 60fps and 120fps lock, what is your hz in Windows?

wtf is going on with the options. I have 60, 72, 144. I run it at 144, but I turned on show FPS in the options and I see jumps into like 180fps. Its whack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Nokt said:

5900x, 3080, 1TB 970 Evo Plus, 16GB 3600 RAM.

Reinstalling windows actually helped, I still get random dips or stuttering, but its at least playable in full screen. Still runs flawlessly in windowed mode though. I might run DDU again and reinstall the nvidia drivers and see if its just a case of Nvidias first W11 driver not being stable.

wtf is going on with the options. I have 60, 72, 144. I run it at 144, but I turned on show FPS in the options and I see jumps into like 180fps. Its whack.

 

I think @stepee is probably right in that what your see might be whatever you're monitor can push...maybe? My PC monitor is mostly for work, so it's a big 32" 4k 60hz display. Got to see all those spreadsheets and chat windows all at once.

 

Either way, you shouldn't see any stutters with that setup. The game is pretty good with loading times too. My PC is on Windows 11 and has a 3900x, 2080TI, 32GB 4400Mhz, and a 2TB 980 Pro. We're not that far off from each other and you should certainly be running this game better than me. I think I've had one crash in the middle of a loading screen, but other than that it's been rock solid on full screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think @stepee is probably right in that what your see might be whatever you're monitor can push...maybe? My PC monitor is mostly for work, so it's a big 32" 4k 60hz display. Got to see all those spreadsheets and chat windows all at once.

 

Either way, you shouldn't see any stutters with that setup. The game is pretty good with loading times too. My PC is on Windows 11 and has a 3900x, 2080TI, 32GB 4400Mhz, and a 2TB 980 Pro. We're not that far off from each other and you should certainly be running this game better than me. I think I've had one crash in the middle of a loading screen, but other than that it's been rock solid on full screen.

Eh, at this point I've done as much as I'm willing to do. Turned gsync on/off, messed with nvidia settings, ran DDU and reinstalled GPU drivers multiple times, turned game mode on/off, tuned game DVR on/off, turned down settings, limited FPS to different settings, reinstalled windows, installed random driver updates that I could find for my stuff.

 

More games work perfectly than those that don't so until a game that I care about is acting wonky I'll probably just deal with the issues I'm facing right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jeeze, that is so weird. Maybe just try it again after a couple patches. And yeah the frame rate option is weird because it doesn’t cap it to what you set it at unless you have vsync on.

 

So, for instance, if I want to play at 60fps but have vsync off because I’m using vrr, I would have to lock it to 60 using rivatuner. I just set it to 120 with vsync off in-game and let it float around with vrr.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Jeeze, that is so weird. Maybe just try it again after a couple patches. And yeah the frame rate option is weird because it doesn’t cap it to what you set it at unless you have vsync on.

 

So, for instance, if I want to play at 60fps but have vsync off because I’m using vrr, I would have to lock it to 60 using rivatuner. I just set it to 120 with vsync off in-game and let it float around with vrr.

 

How are you enjoying this compared to 4? I'm probably going to try it out next week on gamepass on my shitty Xbox One X. I hear the loading times on the xbone is awful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

 

How are you enjoying this compared to 4? I'm probably going to try it out next week on gamepass on my shitty Xbox One X. I hear the loading times on the xbone is awful. 

 

Probably too early to tell, but I wasn’t as big on the environment of 4 as I was 3, and I think this might be the best environment yet, so I’m pretty positive I’ll like it a lot more. I’m sorry, but Britain is just kinda boring!

 

I also think the horizon adventures being kind of a story hook to keep you moving along is going to work really well for me.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stepee said:

 

Probably too early to tell, but I wasn’t as big on the environment of 4 as I was 3, and I think this might be the best environment yet, so I’m pretty positive I’ll like it a lot more. I’m sorry, but Britain is just kinda boring!

 

I also think the horizon adventures being kind of a story hook to keep you moving along is going to work really well for me.

 

 

 

Good to hear. I'll give it a shot next week. I may like it more than I think because of the "rpg" elements that are implemented in these games. I just hope it runs and looks ok on my xbone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

 

Good to hear. I'll give it a shot next week. I may like it more than I think because of the "rpg" elements that are implemented in these games. I just hope it runs and looks ok on my xbone. 

I have played it on my pc (3090) and one x and the one x still looks incredible.  The loading sucks ass, but it’s still worth it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 4:20 PM, Ominous said:

 

 

lol this is cool, but even just to get an extra 8fps in a floating vsync range, I’d get more of a benefit in motion resolution. The effect itself could maybe be worth it but it only works on your car, not any of the other cars. And I realized I simply never really look at my car when I’m playing! Awesome for photo mode and super easy to turn on and off though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, stepee said:

 

lol this is cool, but even just to get an extra 8fps in a floating vsync range, I’d get more of a benefit in motion resolution. The effect itself could maybe be worth it but it only works on your car, not any of the other cars. And I realized I simply never really look at my car when I’m playing! Awesome for photo mode and super easy to turn on and off though.

Agreed! I also only even play with the hood view or behind the wheel and this is would be pointless at the cost to horse power. I mostly play with a wheel too, so the behind the car view although pretty, is the least realistic. Can't really say this runs yet as I have my grandson and youngest kid over for a few weeks, thus really limiting my gameplay. He's almost 2 and if I even think about firing this game up with the wheel {On pc Mind you} He's all over me, and I wouldn't have it any other way honestly. I plan on diving head on into this game in about a week, I have only made it through the intro and created my character and that was it so far...

 

I do have it installed on a 980 1Tb Evo M.2 SSD and by then the second Nvidia driver set should be out too. I do have the current one out installed though now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The def star said:

Don't forget to join the Day 1 Patch club that @XxEvil AshxXmade. Makes it easier to race against rivals in the game.

 

I will as soon as the game lets me play. I wanted to play yesterday but it crashed 4 times in a row before I could even play the game so I figured I'd let it simmer for a bit.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Patch came out today, hopefully it fixes the crashes

 

Quote

Version Number:
Xbox One: 1.410.860.0
Xbox Series: 3.410.860.0
PC: 3.410.860.2
Steam: 1.410.860.0


Game Stability

  • Fixed several crashes
  • Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
  • Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
  • Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
  • Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
  • Fixed a crash when upgrading cars


Multiplayer

  • Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
  • Improvements to online traffic
  • Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
  • Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
  • Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
  • Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point


Wheel Compatibility

  • Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC


Exploits

  • Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
  • Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
  • Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
  • Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
  • Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
  • Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts


DLC

  • Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
  • Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
  • Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins


Rewards

  • Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
  • Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
  • Rebalanced UGC payouts


PC Settings

  • Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
  • Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings

 

Other

  • Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
  • Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
  • Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
  • Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
  • Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
  • Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super7

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...