Forza Horizon 5 [November 9, 2021] - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic and Digitial Foundry tech analysis posted

Keyser_Soze

This game runs like hot garbage on Windows 11 with a 3080. I get a whopping 5 frames per second regardless of graphic setting. The ONLY way this game works is in windowed mode.

This isn't the only game that has issues like this though, Deathloop has issues with one of the areas at night, but its not a constant drop like Forza is. Any other fix I've tried simply doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

This game runs like hot garbage on Windows 11 with a 3080. I get a whopping 5 frames per second regardless of graphic setting. The ONLY way this game works is in windowed mode.

This isn't the only game that has issues like this though, Deathloop has issues with one of the areas at night, but its not a constant drop like Forza is. Any other fix I've tried simply doesn't work.

My buddy has no problems and he's also running Windows 11 and a 3080. But he did have issues with it crashing for a while. He said that disabling spatial audio and playing in stereo fixed it. Forza isn't playing nice with Windows Sonic of Dolby Atmos at the moment on PC.

4 minutes ago, The def star said:

My buddy has no problems and he's also running Windows 11 and a 3080. But he did have issues with it crashing for a while. He said that disabling spatial audio and playing in stereo fixed it. Forza isn't playing nice with Windows Sonic of Dolby Atmos at the moment on PC.

I've tried every fix I could find short of reinstalling Windows 11, because the only instance I've read of that fixing gaming issues the person reinstalled a multitude of times which I don't have the patience for. I'll just play it in Windowed mode until W11 gets more stable or just not play because I never play Forza for very long.

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I've tried every fix I could find short of reinstalling Windows 11, because the only instance I've read of that fixing gaming issues the person reinstalled a multitude of times which I don't have the patience for. I'll just play it in Windowed mode until W11 gets more stable or just not play because I never play Forza for very long.

Stuff like that is why I haven't upgraded to Windows 11. Gonna wait a year until all the kinks get worked out. I run audio software and need it to work at a moments notice. Hopefully there is a hot fix coming for your issue.

5 minutes ago, The def star said:

I think it crashes for everyone. Mine crashed 3 times before I could even play the game but then after the 3rd  crash no more crashes. :p

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Really? What does the rest of your rig look like? Wondering because I'm running on the ultra preset at 4k with no scaling on Windows 11 with a 3900x/2080TI and I'm getting well over 60fps...not that it matters because the game is locked at 60fps. I just reran the benchmark and, yeah, 73fps average on the GPU.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can set frame rates higher than 60, it's not locked.

You can? Well, fuck me then. I was looking at the settings and I saw a setting for 30 and 60fps locks. I didn't see the option to just disable it. Then again, this was me trying out the game for a few races last night after the kids went to bed. I was tired. It was literally the only reason I let the benchmark tool choose graphical options for me.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Really? What does the rest of your rig look like? Wondering because I'm running on the ultra preset at 4k with no scaling on Windows 11 with a 3900x/2080TI and I'm getting well over 60fps...not that it matters because the game is locked at 60fps. I just reran the benchmark and, yeah, 73fps average on the GPU.

He has some issue going on, I’m running on a 3080 in Win11 with no problems. First thing that comes to mind is to try without gsync if they see using that.

Also @Nokt I’ve had annoying stuff before with games only running the way I wanted them to in windowed mode (usually older stuff) and for those games I used this program: 

WESTECHSOLUTIONS.NET

Play all your games in windowed borderless

This should let you experience the game normally.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

You can? Well, fuck me then. I was looking at the settings and I saw a setting for 30 and 60fps locks. I didn't see the option to just disable it. Then again, this was me trying out the game for a few races last night after the kids went to bed. I was tired. It was literally the only reason I let the benchmark tool choose graphical options for me.

On mine I have a 60fps and 120fps lock, what is your hz in Windows?