Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023

Keyser_Soze

This game runs like hot garbage on Windows 11 with a 3080. I get a whopping 5 frames per second regardless of graphic setting. The ONLY way this game works is in windowed mode.

This isn't the only game that has issues like this though, Deathloop has issues with one of the areas at night, but its not a constant drop like Forza is. Any other fix I've tried simply doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

This game runs like hot garbage on Windows 11 with a 3080. I get a whopping 5 frames per second regardless of graphic setting. The ONLY way this game works is in windowed mode.

This isn't the only game that has issues like this though, Deathloop has issues with one of the areas at night, but its not a constant drop like Forza is. Any other fix I've tried simply doesn't work.

My buddy has no problems and he's also running Windows 11 and a 3080. But he did have issues with it crashing for a while. He said that disabling spatial audio and playing in stereo fixed it. Forza isn't playing nice with Windows Sonic of Dolby Atmos at the moment on PC.

4 minutes ago, The def star said:

My buddy has no problems and he's also running Windows 11 and a 3080. But he did have issues with it crashing for a while. He said that disabling spatial audio and playing in stereo fixed it. Forza isn't playing nice with Windows Sonic of Dolby Atmos at the moment on PC.

I've tried every fix I could find short of reinstalling Windows 11, because the only instance I've read of that fixing gaming issues the person reinstalled a multitude of times which I don't have the patience for. I'll just play it in Windowed mode until W11 gets more stable or just not play because I never play Forza for very long.

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I've tried every fix I could find short of reinstalling Windows 11, because the only instance I've read of that fixing gaming issues the person reinstalled a multitude of times which I don't have the patience for. I'll just play it in Windowed mode until W11 gets more stable or just not play because I never play Forza for very long.

Stuff like that is why I haven't upgraded to Windows 11. Gonna wait a year until all the kinks get worked out. I run audio software and need it to work at a moments notice. Hopefully there is a hot fix coming for your issue.

5 minutes ago, The def star said:

I think it crashes for everyone. Mine crashed 3 times before I could even play the game but then after the 3rd  crash no more crashes. :p

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

Really? What does the rest of your rig look like? Wondering because I'm running on the ultra preset at 4k with no scaling on Windows 11 with a 3900x/2080TI and I'm getting well over 60fps...not that it matters because the game is locked at 60fps. I just reran the benchmark and, yeah, 73fps average on the GPU.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can set frame rates higher than 60, it's not locked.

You can? Well, fuck me then. I was looking at the settings and I saw a setting for 30 and 60fps locks. I didn't see the option to just disable it. Then again, this was me trying out the game for a few races last night after the kids went to bed. I was tired. It was literally the only reason I let the benchmark tool choose graphical options for me.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Really? What does the rest of your rig look like? Wondering because I'm running on the ultra preset at 4k with no scaling on Windows 11 with a 3900x/2080TI and I'm getting well over 60fps...not that it matters because the game is locked at 60fps. I just reran the benchmark and, yeah, 73fps average on the GPU.

He has some issue going on, I’m running on a 3080 in Win11 with no problems. First thing that comes to mind is to try without gsync if they see using that.

Also @Nokt I’ve had annoying stuff before with games only running the way I wanted them to in windowed mode (usually older stuff) and for those games I used this program: 

WESTECHSOLUTIONS.NET

Play all your games in windowed borderless

This should let you experience the game normally.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

You can? Well, fuck me then. I was looking at the settings and I saw a setting for 30 and 60fps locks. I didn't see the option to just disable it. Then again, this was me trying out the game for a few races last night after the kids went to bed. I was tired. It was literally the only reason I let the benchmark tool choose graphical options for me.

On mine I have a 60fps and 120fps lock, what is your hz in Windows?

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

@stepee I watched this video and it seems the pc version doesn't offer that much of a quality difference when compared to the XSX. They were disappointed in some of the ways the pc version was handled.

They need to get used to the PC not being the lead spec. XGS games are gonna have parity between the XSX and PC for the forseeable future. Theyre not gonna lead the charge to out-date their own console.

23 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

5900x, 3080, 1TB 970 Evo Plus, 16GB 3600 RAM.

23 hours ago, stepee said:

He has some issue going on, I’m running on a 3080 in Win11 with no problems. First thing that comes to mind is to try without gsync if they see using that.

Also @Nokt I’ve had annoying stuff before with games only running the way I wanted them to in windowed mode (usually older stuff) and for those games I used this program: 

WESTECHSOLUTIONS.NET

Play all your games in windowed borderless

This should let you experience the game normally.

Reinstalling windows actually helped, I still get random dips or stuttering, but its at least playable in full screen. Still runs flawlessly in windowed mode though. I might run DDU again and reinstall the nvidia drivers and see if its just a case of Nvidias first W11 driver not being stable.

23 hours ago, stepee said:

On mine I have a 60fps and 120fps lock, what is your hz in Windows?

wtf is going on with the options. I have 60, 72, 144. I run it at 144, but I turned on show FPS in the options and I see jumps into like 180fps. Its whack.

40 minutes ago, Nokt said:

5900x, 3080, 1TB 970 Evo Plus, 16GB 3600 RAM.

Reinstalling windows actually helped, I still get random dips or stuttering, but its at least playable in full screen. Still runs flawlessly in windowed mode though. I might run DDU again and reinstall the nvidia drivers and see if its just a case of Nvidias first W11 driver not being stable.

wtf is going on with the options. I have 60, 72, 144. I run it at 144, but I turned on show FPS in the options and I see jumps into like 180fps. Its whack.

I think @stepee is probably right in that what your see might be whatever you're monitor can push...maybe? My PC monitor is mostly for work, so it's a big 32" 4k 60hz display. Got to see all those spreadsheets and chat windows all at once.

Either way, you shouldn't see any stutters with that setup. The game is pretty good with loading times too. My PC is on Windows 11 and has a 3900x, 2080TI, 32GB 4400Mhz, and a 2TB 980 Pro. We're not that far off from each other and you should certainly be running this game better than me. I think I've had one crash in the middle of a loading screen, but other than that it's been rock solid on full screen.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think @stepee is probably right in that what your see might be whatever you're monitor can push...maybe? My PC monitor is mostly for work, so it's a big 32" 4k 60hz display. Got to see all those spreadsheets and chat windows all at once.

Either way, you shouldn't see any stutters with that setup. The game is pretty good with loading times too. My PC is on Windows 11 and has a 3900x, 2080TI, 32GB 4400Mhz, and a 2TB 980 Pro. We're not that far off from each other and you should certainly be running this game better than me. I think I've had one crash in the middle of a loading screen, but other than that it's been rock solid on full screen.

Eh, at this point I've done as much as I'm willing to do. Turned gsync on/off, messed with nvidia settings, ran DDU and reinstalled GPU drivers multiple times, turned game mode on/off, tuned game DVR on/off, turned down settings, limited FPS to different settings, reinstalled windows, installed random driver updates that I could find for my stuff.

More games work perfectly than those that don't so until a game that I care about is acting wonky I'll probably just deal with the issues I'm facing right now.

Jeeze, that is so weird. Maybe just try it again after a couple patches. And yeah the frame rate option is weird because it doesn’t cap it to what you set it at unless you have vsync on.

So, for instance, if I want to play at 60fps but have vsync off because I’m using vrr, I would have to lock it to 60 using rivatuner. I just set it to 120 with vsync off in-game and let it float around with vrr.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Jeeze, that is so weird. Maybe just try it again after a couple patches. And yeah the frame rate option is weird because it doesn’t cap it to what you set it at unless you have vsync on.

So, for instance, if I want to play at 60fps but have vsync off because I’m using vrr, I would have to lock it to 60 using rivatuner. I just set it to 120 with vsync off in-game and let it float around with vrr.

How are you enjoying this compared to 4? I'm probably going to try it out next week on gamepass on my shitty Xbox One X. I hear the loading times on the xbone is awful.