Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023

Keyser_Soze

6 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Game runs well. 1440p at 97 fps extreme settings with everything turned up, msaa left at 2x.

3080 or 3080ti? What about at 4k? Doesn’t seem much of a jump from maxed out 4k numbers I’ve seen, wondering if this is cpu utilization limited.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

3080 or 3080ti? What about at 4k? Doesn’t seem much of a jump from maxed out 4k numbers I’ve seen, wondering if this is cpu utilization limited.

3090 and a 12 core and CPU. I can try 4k later tonight to see if it drops much. Looks like 97 was the minimum, looks like the average was 111.

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

3090 and a 12 core and CPU. I can try 4k later tonight to see if it drops much. Looks like 97 was the minimum, looks like the average was 111.

Makes much more sense! Should be able to tone down just a bit for a nice 1440p/120. Yeah I knew you had a high end cars and figured a high end cpu, but just because we have good cpus doesn’t mean the game will use them worth a shit (cough..ubi..cough…crysis remastered).

6 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Just discovered that MS has finally improved the store app for multiple users.  I still had to login as myself in the store on my son's account -- but I didn't need to completely reinstall the game.  (With Forza Horizon 4, it had to be installed twice, so used double the HD space.)

So, it's half-way there!  I don't know why Steam is smart enough to keep track of what's installed on the computer, but the MS store isn't.  But, progress is progress.

I wanted to go back to The Outer Wolds (which I still have installed) so I could free up space for this game (or any other game really) and it seems if there was a change, it ate the game. It didn't function. So I went to "repair" it and then had to re-install the game but it didn't uninstall the old version which is floating around somewhere on the hard drive. So now I have to find where the old version of the game is and delete it and then install TOW.

Also it seems like PSO2 is installed twice in different locations on the same hard drive for some reason. :|

6 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

That's pretty cool, but using a green-screened real person overlaid on top of the game strikes me as really strange looking. I suppose if you're used to ASL on a TV screen though it's 100% normal looking.

ya i think it’s for people who can’t hear

49 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Well, yeah, but I mean I would've used the character model doing the sign language or something, but maybe that would look even more silly.

I’m guessing it is far for difficult to properly animate ASL than to record professional interpreters.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m guessing it is far for difficult to properly animate ASL than to record professional interpreters.

It probably costs more money to animate ASL with an in game character rather than using live action as well.

I know the character asset is already in the game but you have to spend time motion capturing it and stuff like that.

19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I wanted to go back to The Outer Wolds (which I still have installed) so I could free up space for this game (or any other game really) and it seems if there was a change, it ate the game. It didn't function. So I went to "repair" it and then had to re-install the game but it didn't uninstall the old version which is floating around somewhere on the hard drive. So now I have to find where the old version of the game is and delete it and then install TOW.

Also it seems like PSO2 is installed twice in different locations on the same hard drive for some reason. :|

I ended up not installing FH5 on my m.2 for the same reason, because it was full and I couldn’t figure out why. FH4 was installed THREE times, eating up over 200GB. 

19 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN

504208a5bf4bfe26df47f867fce928b9.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Microsoft’s next big racing game is reaching out to ASL- and BSL-speaking players

I don’t get it with this game. The dialog is mostly for atmosphere, and frequently while you are trying to race. How is sign language a benefit there?

My older son and I have been doing races, and earning “currencies” for our time. 

Within 45 minutes, my younger son is designing a paint scheme for a car, and starts to ask me questions on how the editor works. I have played over 1,000 hours of Forza games. I have never opened the editor. 

He must get this from his mother. 

4 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I ended up not installing FH5 on my m.2 for the same reason, because it was full and I couldn’t figure out why. FH4 was installed THREE times, eating up over 200GB.

I tried to fix it and it's odd. Like one folder is actually empty and there are two folders with the same thing but it takes up the appropriate size on the drive.

(For clarification purposes there is a folder in "WindowsApps" called MSIXVC that stores the game files then in another folder "ModifiableWidowsApps" are the actual game files that take up the same size, (So in this case they show 90 gigs each but only take up 90 gigs on the hard drive not 180) and you can't delete the MSIXVC (which I was lead to believe) because the game won't work.)

I have it Q’d up for download and ready to play when they allow me too. Now I just need my receiver I ordered (Denon x6700 to replace dying Marantz sr7010)  over 2.5 months to show up and then I show/brag like @BasemntDweller2 

Cant wait to see it play on my XSX + 7.2.4 Atmos + JVC 4K NX7 projector = 106” of gaming video/audio bliss. Might download it also onto my pc to see what my 2080 Super graphics card can do

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm assuming your pc is more powerful than the xsx, correct? I hope you have a good time with it. I'm going to play this down the line on my Xbox One X.  :/

Yeah it’s definitely more powerful so I’ll be able to do basically the quality mode and then some but at 60fps. <3

• Like 1