Forza Horizon 5 - Information Thread, update: "Rally Adventure" expansion to release on 29 March 2023

Keyser_Soze

Create your own arcade car games is perfect for this franchise! And there seems to be like more of a real campaign this year. Not sold on the setting [cmon wanting it to be japan is common enough that they should just do it] yet but I’ll see when I’m playing it. It’ll be the best racing game around until horizon 6 either way I’m sure.

Japan will be the next gen only version, when they can better leverage next gen techniques to get ray tracing for the City neon lights.

But ya that 4k trailer, that one river scenery I almost thought was a real life scene, until the cars drove in.  Prettiest game I've seen thus far for next gen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I hope @best3444 gets around to seeing this. His eyes will orgasm which will be sad because he will go to hell for involuntary eye ejaculation. :(

I no longer enjoy racing games but appreciate the Horizon series and that will look spectacular. Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

Japan is more of a place better to explore on foot than it is in a car. Sure racing around the streets of Tokyo would look nice but every other city has narrow roads and then the rest of the country is like shrines, castles and bamboo forests, rice patties, etc. Plus the country is too spread out to make it exciting climate wise. Like if you wanted to see snow you'd have to drive up to Hokkaido.

8 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I'm stoked they actually did go with Mexico. Much more variety. I don't understand why people want Japan so much.

I can see Japan being a cool expansion pack but an entire game based on it would be meh.

Have you seen Tokyo drift? That's why people want Tokyo :p

I mean if you want Fast and the Furious and Forza Horizon, they did that, just not in Tokyo. They could do a similar thing to that but not dedicate a full game to it. (I dunno kinda like what @XxEvil AshxX said :p )

apps.53705.69054496880151415.09dbca5c-db
WWW.MICROSOFT.COM

The next great automotive adventure begins with the Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious standalone expansion for Xbox One!

41 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Basing a Forza Horizon game on an urban area would be a huge mistake.  It is at its best in wide open spaces.

They can do more with it based in Tokyo. They can make the city the central hub and expand it to country side of Japan. People just want to experience the Japanese culture in a Forza game. Playground games I know will do an amazing job with it.

4 minutes ago, The def star said:

They can do more with it based in Tokyo. They can make the city the central hub and expand it to country side of Japan. People just want to experience the Japanese culture in a Forza game. Playground games I know will do an amazing job with it.

IMHO, Playground games is doing an amazing job at picking their locations, and creating amazing games.  If they think other locations are better than Japan, I'm all in.

I am sure someone could make an amazing drift/racing game focused on Tokyo/Japan -- I just don't think Forza Horizons is the franchise to do it with.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Forza Horizon 5 [November 9, 2021] - Information Thread, update: "Official Announce Trailer & Gameplay Demo - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2021"
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Forza Horizon 5 [November 9, 2021] - Information Thread, update: "From a Living Desert to a Volcano’s Peak: Exploring Forza Horizon 5’s Biomes and Seasons"