~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
ARCHIVE.PH

07Camp1-facebookJumbo-v4.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

When we censor ourselves, our learning environments suffer.

File under: "The first amendment means you have to listen to what I have to say about anything and everything."

Conservatives deeply, deeply believe that they are persecuted martyrs. That ideology goes hand in hand with Christianity of course. They teach their kids that they are persecuted. They grow up believing they are persecuted. Then they grow up and enter the real world and for the first time they encounter thought that hasn't been pre-digested by their parents or pastor. And they lose their shit. Listen Ashley, no one wants to debate you. It's 8:00 am in a general studies class you little freak. Cool your shit down and join a debate club and leave the normal people alone. 

39 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Fuck. Did you just find out? And did they go over treatment options, etc?

yeah. I can be sick for 18 months going through treatment, or just feel like garbage for the last month. they don't think treatment will put me into remission. 

6 minutes ago, Iculus said:

yeah. I can be sick for 18 months going through treatment, or just feel like garbage for the last month. they don't think treatment will put me into remission. 

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I realize that this will be of very small comfort to you, but we'll be here for you as long as you need us.

And if you need anything, including financial help (or anything else), let us know.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I realize that this will be of very small comfort to you, but we'll be here for as long as you need us.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

And if you need anything, including financial help (or anything else), let us know.

I don't post a ton, but I love you guys so much. I appreciate the love. love, love, love....

• Like 8

This headline is pretty loaded for an AP headline, right? And the entire body of the article doesn't exactly seem like what you'd expect from the AP either. Did I miss the memo on them branching out into this kind of stuff?

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Makeshift shelters abut busy roadways, tent cities line sidewalks, tarps cover broken-down cars, and sleeping bags are tucked in storefront doorways. The reality of the homelessness crisis in Oregon's largest city can’t be denied.

8 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

That second Tweet reads like it's straight from the Onion. 

Also, depending on what you're buying, doing it in bulk and at the right time saves you money from my experience.....

Strong, “I’m a millennial homeowner with significant savings who goes on vacation every year, here’s how,” article, which always has, “took out a $250K interest free loan from my parents,” vibes.

1 minute ago, Chadatog said:

Also isn't making under 300k a year something like 85% of the NA population?  I still don't know how these people don't understand that they have privilege.

Top 1% is "only" about $500k annual income. That's a lot of money but I figured it would have been a few million a year before I found that out.

1 minute ago, Chadatog said:

Also isn't making under 300k a year something like 85% of the NA population?  I still don't know how these people don't understand that they have privilege.

Calculator I found online says $300k for a household is in the 96th percentile 

because of the last 4% whom they are relative peers with they are want to say “I’m not rich *those other people* are rich” despite making more money than 96% of all households in the US

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Calculator I found online says $300k for a household is in the 96th percentile 

because of the last 4% whom they are relative peers with they are want to say “I’m not rich *those other people* are rich” despite making more money than 96% of all households in the US

My sister in was married to a guy who is worth somewhere in the mid-8 figures, I’d wager? Maybe on the high end of 8 figures, I don’t know. My wife and I do very well but it is occasionally weird to be close to someone who has access to so much money. And while they were still married, their whole peer group had so much more money than them. He races cars and owned a home in a gated community with track access, Jay Leno owns or owned a home in the same “development.” It was always so strange to hear him talk about how he couldn’t really afford to hang with some of that crowd because it was pedantically true.