~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

NIMBYs are reactionary bigots exhibit 101201321301293210 @b_m_b_m_b_m

We are aware that our advertisement in the Daily Press this weekend contained an image that was seen, by some, as Anti-Semitic. The caricature of a wealthy, out-of-touch developer never signaled red flags of Anti-Semitism for any involved, which includes active members of the Jewish community with a history of combating Anti-Semitism. To anyone who was upset by the caricature, we apologize. Our message has always been and remains about corruption and pay-to-play politics related to this project. We will learn from this as we continue to fight a project that is bad for Santa Monicans. We want to address a few points specifically:

https://www.smdp.com/statement-from-smame/196884

• Guillotine 1

I don't know where else to put this but I had to share a story about the horrors of socialized medicine.

A very sick woman needs a surgery. She gets one scheduled. In order to have the surgery she needs a blood test. And a Covid test. To prep for the surgery she has to drink a solution that will clean out her insides. She is only allowed to drink that solution for two days prior to surgery. She gets the blood test a week prior. She gets the covid test on the indicated date. She drinks the solution on the indicated days, then the day before the surgery she is called saying the surgery is cancelled because her bloodwork showed a low white cell count. Why this info wasn't given to her before we'll never know. Probably some form of inefficient big government bureaucracy.

They reschedule the surgery and accompanying bloodwork and gut-cleaning solution. The bloodwork is done, the unpleasant Covid test is repeated, the unpleasant solution is consumed, the after effects are felt. The surgery day is upon her. A matter of hours at this point. She receives a call saying her bloodwork showed a low white cell count and now she can't have the surgery. Why they waited again until this moment to tell her we'll never know. Probably some form of inefficient big government bureaucracy.

The surgery is rescheduled yet again. The blood work is done. The covid test is repeated. The solution is consumed. No call cancelling the surgery. She goes to the hospital. The surgery does not start on time. She sits in the waiting room. An hour after it is scheduled to start she receives a call. "Your surgery isn't going to happen today again because of your white cell count." Why they waited until this moment to let her know we'll probably never find out. Probably some form of inefficient big government bureaucracy.

Oh wait. That's not a socialized system. That's our private system. And that woman is my MIL.

To be clear, I'm not upset about the surgery not going through. They should absolutely do it when it's safe. I'm just upset that it's always taking until after the last second to let us know. They can't let her know before she drinks the diahrreah inducer? They can't let her know before we rearrange our schedules and workout babysitting so my wife can take her and I can work? Minor annoyance: she doesn't have insurance and she's not yet old enough for Medicare. She is at high risk so she can't be working. So I'm paying for the blood tests and medicines each time this shit is rescheduled.

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Is it physically possible for Tucker Carlson to take a picture where he doesn't have that dumbass, smug confused look on his face?

Also, did he start sporting an orange skin tan like Trump to impress the boss? He's got that same goofy, pale eye circle thing going where the spray tan don't reach....