~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

7 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Looks like she's revealing the prize for 3rd place on a really shitty game show

I remember the first time I came upon Goya brand stuff.  I've always been on the left side of things but lack of exposure and young naivety being what it was I thought I was looking at something odd and low quality (putting it mildly). Obviously that ignorant impression couldn't be more incorrect (Goya quality and variety is almost unmatched) but when I think about what the opinion of an unimaginably wealthy socialite princess' impression must be I gotta believe that it's in the same ballpark of privilege & racism but she's down on home plate where I was up in the stands. And it shows on her face. The whole "I don't even know what I'm holding but it's probably dirty," face that's endemic to showcase girls.

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Capitalism famously is funding the vaccine research efforts, and funds the NIH/CDC/HHS, and funded the education of the researchers doing the work, but go off queen

Going by Worldometer's data, Cuba has 8 deaths per 1 million citizens from COVID, just slightly under our figure of 445.

• Guillotine 2

Also, many of the leading vaccines are being funded by governments. I bet that no matter who comes up with the first or best, the Trump admin is going to sign a contract with whichever company is tied most closely to his friends, and US people will suffer. It's not hard to imagine that by September 2021, most people in western nations will have been vaccinated, except in the US.

• Sad 1