~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I was all ready to refute the Rand Paul point considering he was an ophthalmologist. Turns out, he was accepted to Duke University Medical School without having a Bachelor's because it was his daddy's alma mater. Wtf America.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

I was all ready to refute the Rand Paul point considering he was an ophthalmologist. Turns out, he was accepted to Duke University Medical School without having a Bachelor's because it was his daddy's alma mater. Wtf America.

Not the same thing at all, but this reminded me that I know someone whose only degree after his high school diploma is a master's degree. IIRC he dropped out of undergrad, then was good enough to get into a computer science PhD program without an undergrad degree, but then left the program after they gave him the along-the-way master's degree.

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Related, but legacy admissions, scholarships for sports, and donors are responsible for something like 40% of white admissions at Harvard 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/study-harvard-finds-43-percent-white-students-are-legacy-athletes-n1060361

Abolish all of these