~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

On 9/21/2019 at 12:30 PM, Jason said:

It's exactly like this in every grocery chain in South America. One of the first pictures I sent home when I went to Chile was their chip aisle. It was huge and had all the same brand/variety. It didn't look any different than this guy's pics. And Chile is a model capitalist state thanks to the US!

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

CNN is running some ad where they warn Trump supporters that Democrats are gonna engage in voter suppression to make sure their votes don't count

same spider man GIF

I saw a thing on Facebook that red flag laws will lead to people seeing that you're a maga chud on Facebook, report you to the police (not, you know, a judge), who do a no knock raid on your house which leads to you and your wife being killed in front of your kid (but not before you take out two cops yourself of course)

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Laura Ingraham's brother calls her out for attacking Greta Thunberg.

LOL, NOW he no longer recognizes her? 

“My sister's racist comments date back to her freshman days at Dartmouth when she would mock her black roommate by speaking jive with her friends. Shameful!,” he wrote on Twitter this month.

While her brother’s claims regarding her college roommate have not been verified, Laura Ingraham has a long history of commentary and actions deemed insulting by those in marginalized groups, including ethnic minorities, immiimmigrants and LGBTQ people.

While an editor at the conservative Dartmouth Review in the early 1980s, Laura Ingraham reportedly sent a reporter to secretly tape a Gay Students Association meeting and then published excerpts from the meeting where people were discussing their sexual experiences and sexual identities.

The conservative firebrand has also compared same-sex relationships to incest, equated transition-related care to “child abuse” and suggested people would rather wear “adult diapers” than share a restroom with a transgender person.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/she-s-monster-laura-ingraham-s-gay-brother-lashes-out-n909456

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's "the paper of record" and should be subject to scrutiny. I'm critical with other news orgs but the times is in a category all by itself for fuckups.

I am perfectly okay with giving them scrutiny; they are “the paper of record” as you say and it’s warranted. Doing deep dives into whether or not self identified swing voters are actually swing voters is dumb? I mean the article itself is kinda dumb too.

18 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I am perfectly okay with giving them scrutiny; they are “the paper of record” as you say and it’s warranted. Doing deep dives into whether or not self identified swing voters are actually swing voters is dumb? I mean the article itself is kinda dumb too.

You're wrong on this. It's not a deep dive; the most minimal scrutiny makes the premise of the article obviously false. That's not important? Presenting trump fanatics as swing voters? This isn't just re-re-re-interviewing trump supporters, it's actively misleading reporting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

You're wrong on this. It's not a deep dive; the most minimal scrutiny makes the premise of the article obviously false. That's not important? Presenting trump fanatics as swing voters? This isn't just re-re-re-interviewing trump supporters, it's actively misleading reporting.

Yes, in hindsight it is a pretty trash take. It just felt like a moonier sin given everything else going on, but that's what made the take shitty.

9 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yes, in hindsight it is a pretty trash take. It just felt like a moonier sin given everything else going on, but that's what made the take shitty.

On the surface maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal but laundering a partisan opinion and pretending it's potentially fickle or winnable is malpractice. Like, do democrats have to please Mitch McConnell to win an election?