~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

I mean, the Roman Empire basically 100% embraced the ethnic and religious diversity of its vassal states/provinces and it's hard to argue it's not one of the largest and most important ancient states in history. Mongolian empire was the same way. In fact, as far as I am aware most ancient empires didn't really care about the ethnic or religious makeup of its provinces as long as they paid whatever taxes were levied on them.

16 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Let's remember choice quotes from her 2008 speech:

"Long ago, a young farmer and a haberdasher from Missouri, he followed an unlikely path -- he followed an unlikely path to the vice presidency. And a writer observed, "We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty and sincerity and dignity," and I know just the kind of people that writer had in mind when he praised Harry Truman."

"I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom and signed up for the PTA."

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities."

"I might add that, in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they're listening and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening."

Small town values. Let's see how the kids are doing:

Track Palin, their eldest son, was sentenced to a year in custody last year after a female acquaintance said he told her that she could not leave his house in Wasilla, took away her phone and then hit her in the head.

In December 2017, Track Palin was accused of breaking into his parents' home and leaving Todd bleeding from cuts on his head, authorities said. He pleaded guilty in June 2018 to a lesser charge in veterans court.

The couple's daughter Bristol Palin briefly starred in MTV's "Teen Mom" franchise but quit the series in April. She said in her announcement that the reality series wasn't a good fit for her and that "walking away from this show allows God to rebuild me (and my little fam) in the right direction."

Bristol Palin was 17 when she found out she was pregnant with her son, Tripp, who she had with former fiancé, Levi Johnston. She also has two daughters, Sailor Grace and Atlee Bay, with former husband, Dakota Meyer.

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Isn't it amazing how Trump's 9/11 story went from "I was in Jersey and saw Muslims cheering the Towers coming down" to "I was there helping people out of the rubble."?

Next year the story will be how he broke into a cockpit, single-handedly thwarted the hijackers, and then used one of his extremely long ties to rappel to safety.