Warhammer: Age of Sigmar 3rd Edition

BloodyHell

lGIxGfUY4K7u0uyS.jpg

Anyone who isn't into warhammer, but wants to be, this is a fantastic set to start with (but is not a "starter set"). I have an Orruk army, so im definitely in. My primaries are Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers, but Ive been making the move to Destruction with Ogor and Orruk this past year. 

Any AoS players here? I love this set. I believe preorders start next Saturday. 3rd edition launches July 3rd. Personally, I prefer AoS to 40k nowadays, and the games popularity is growing fast. Its models are incredible, and it's not as daunting to keep up with as 40k.

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

lGIxGfUY4K7u0uyS.jpg

Anyone who isn't into warhammer, but wants to be, this is a fantastic set to start with (but is not a "starter set"). I have an Orruk army, so im definitely in. My primaries are Kharadron Overlords and Fyreslayers, but Ive been making the move to Destruction with Ogor and Orruk this past year. 

Any AoS players here? I love this set. I believe preorders start next Saturday. 3rd edition launches July 3rd. Personally, I prefer AoS to 40k nowadays, and the games popularity is growing fast. Its models are incredible, and it's not as daunting to keep up with as 40k.

I do agree that the AoS models are VASTLY more attractive than the 40K ones and the setting itself has grown on me.

If only I actually had the patience to assemble and paint 'em :p

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do agree that the AoS models are VASTLY more attractive than the 40K ones and the setting itself has grown on me.

If only I actually had the patience to assemble and paint 'em :p

The last year it was easy because time was abundant. Not so anymore. But i completed most of my pile of shame.

To be fair, the new 40k models are incredible. The recent Adeptus Sororitas models look amazing, as qell as almost everything shown at WH Fest. Loving the new admech codex too, since they have been my primary army (along with my original army, Tyranids) for the past few years

But AoS has far more variety.

Amazingly enough, it still hasn't sold out yet on the GW webstore!

Probably because GW cut the allocations to retailers by 50% at the very last moment:

4ca9ccb7-dominion-allocations.jpg
SPIKEYBITS.COM

It's another black eye for Games Workshop as they just slashed allocations to stores for the new AoS 3.0 Dominion Box Set. Looks like GW is pulling the same thing they did when 40k Indomitus first came out and cutting store shipments by half or more. For now,

23 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Amazingly enough, it still hasn't sold out yet on the GW webstore!

Probably because GW cut the allocations to retailers by 50% at the very last moment:

4ca9ccb7-dominion-allocations.jpg
SPIKEYBITS.COM

It's another black eye for Games Workshop as they just slashed allocations to stores for the new AoS 3.0 Dominion Box Set. Looks like GW is pulling the same thing they did when 40k Indomitus first came out and cutting store shipments by half or more. For now,

This isn’t surprising at all.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Amazingly enough, it's still available for pre-order at the GW webstore.

This is really quit different than the Indomitus situation last year where it was completely sold out within a few hours.

Yeah. I don’t know what went on with that, I see Indomitus sets in local game stores pretty regularly still.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:08 AM, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah. I don’t know what went on with that, I see Indomitus sets in local game stores pretty regularly still.

They later made indomitus sets to order, so some places still have one or two in stock. 

I was able to snag one dominion box in store, one online, so im looking forward to that on Saturday. A friend and I will split the boxes. I get both sets of Orc models, he gets both stormcast, we each get a set of books/pamphlets. And each a coin/objectives set for preordering.

Its been a pricey month, with Admech updates and Dominion dropping.

Red is faster. 

The Kruleboyz are interesting. They are very much scaled up orcs from the LotR line. I never played LotR, but I did buy orcs to kitbash with 40k orcs. The new rules are a big leap. 

I played yesterday with my Kharadron Overlords. They need a big nerf with the smaller table size. Battle boats are to deadly.

53 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My local comic/games store has quite a few boxes of Dominion still in stock.  That kinda surprised me!

GW's recent allocation, ordering, and supply issues have been really weird, including when there haven't been issues at all.

21 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

GW's recent allocation, ordering, and supply issues have been really weird, including when there haven't been issues at all.

This is a pretty interesting video about just that situation:

It appears that the total number of Dominion boxes that GW had allocated for itself was just over 33,000.  Furthermore, retailers who had their allocations cut a couple of weeks before launch were suddenly notified by GW that the remainder of their allocation was being shipped.  It seems that GW overestimated the overall demand for the box and didn't make as many sales from their own online store as expected, so they just released that inventory to the retailers.

16 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a pretty interesting video about just that situation:

It appears that the total number of Dominion boxes that GW had allocated for itself was just over 33,000.  Furthermore, retailers who had their allocations cut a couple of weeks before launch were suddenly notified by GW that the remainder of their allocation was being shipped.  It seems that GW overestimated the overall demand for the box and didn't make as many sales from their own online store as expected, so they just released that inventory to the retailers.

This is a bananas level of sleuthing. 

Oh, wow, thats some work.

Either way, I do think this is their best AoS ruleset yet. Its no Fantasy 6th Edition, but its fun to play. I got a few games in with friends, and the game plays very well so far. If they can avoid the 40k codex creep, we might be ok. 

If they can keep releasing new troop choices across the range to give us some variety, the game might get really interesting.