Oregon House expels Republican legislator for aiding in breach of its state capitol (59-1 vote)

This was in late December a bit before the US Capitol insurrection.

Now he's gone, and he was the only one to vote against. All other Republicans voted to expel him.

822c3655-3016-49e8-8ab0-c1048871d17a-Nea
WWW.STATESMANJOURNAL.COM

The Oregon House of Representatives ousted Republican Rep. Mike Nearman, the first time in state history a sitting Oregon lawmaker has been expelled.

It's refreshing to me (and I hate that the bar is that low) that even Republicans were like "there is a line and we do not cross it" on this kind of shit.

If anyone's curious, in case the article didn't mention it (adblocker, can't read it), the Oregon State Legislature is currently 37-23 Democrat/Republican respectively. If only Republican members of federal congress had the balls to just do a big collective "bruh" after the Jan. 6 riot.

Individual Republicans have added to those comments in recent days. On Wednesday, state Rep. Bill Post, R-Keizer, penned an account of why he was urging Nearman to resign. Post concluded that Nearman had lied to him and other Republicans about what evidence existed about his intent on Dec. 21.

“About five weeks ago, as one of the closest colleagues he has in the Capitol, I asked ‘is there ANY further video or other evidence?’” Post wrote on his personal website. “He said ‘no.’ That is the crux of the problem: he lied. To me personally and to the Republican caucus.”

What a cock sucker

• Guillotine 3

2 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Individual Republicans have added to those comments in recent days. On Wednesday, state Rep. Bill Post, R-Keizer, penned an account of why he was urging Nearman to resign. Post concluded that Nearman had lied to him and other Republicans about what evidence existed about his intent on Dec. 21.

“About five weeks ago, as one of the closest colleagues he has in the Capitol, I asked ‘is there ANY further video or other evidence?’” Post wrote on his personal website. “He said ‘no.’ That is the crux of the problem: he lied. To me personally and to the Republican caucus.”

What a cock sucker

So he was basically just mad that the dude got caught?