Tribes of Midgard - [July 27, 2021] - reviews from OpenCritic posted

Keyser_Soze

• 1 month later...

So I bought this and tried it on Steam.  Couldn't get controller to work for whatever reason, but so far it's very very meh.  Combat is just hack n slash with no real thought to it.  Customization of the base isn't what I thought, it comes preset just upgrade pieces in same order basically.

Very much feels like a mobile game.

After playing Valheim earlier this year, this feels like a pretty big disappointment.

I’ve had my eye on this for a while. And I’m usually a sucker for isometric action RPG’s. But recently, I’ve heard too much underwhelming feedback to pull the trigger. Also, I don’t really like people so there’s that too. 

Game Information

Game Title: Tribes of Midgard

Platforms:

• PC (Jul 27, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (Jul 27, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jul 27, 2021)

Developer: Norsfell

Publishers: Norsfell, Gearbox Publishing

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 82 average - 80% recommended

Critic Reviews

Screen Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

Tribes of Midgard offers players engaging survival mechanics with unique design choices that make gameplay a rewarding experience. With a few expansions to the base building options, Tribes of Midgard would be a well-rounded and unique option for survival-style gameplay.

COGconnected - 84 / 100

It is not often that a game attempts to fuse elements from so many genres. Usually, the result weakens the overall experience but Tribes of Midgard is that rare exception, a game in which all the disparate parts resonate and reinforce each other. The early levels can grow a bit repetitive but exploration, crafting, and combat continue to engage throughout. Tribes of Midgard should appeal to fans of action RPGs, survival games, co-op PvE and of course, the rich tapestry of Viking combat, lore, and culture.

Fextralife - 8.3 / 10

Tribes of Midgard is a jack-of-all-trades that combines the best mechanics of popular titles like Don't Starve Together, Hades and Diablo, and mashes it all together to create a magically charming yet chaotic world. Your efforts to save the Seed of Yggdrasil from destruction won't be in vain and are in fact rewarded, which lets you start better sessions in your next runs. With numerous hours at your disposal, you wouldn't want to sleep on this one.

Attack of the Fanboy - 3.5 / 5 stars

While some problems can be overlooked, the half baked ideas, bugs, and overall unbalanced experience keep excitement to keep playing in check.

ACG - Never Touch

Video Review - Quote not available

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Tribes of Midgard - [July 27, 2021] - reviews from OpenCritic posted