ITT Steve O GITS GUD at BB

StephenO1683

I've always liked souls type games but they never liked me.  So I stopped buying them.  BB however being free on PS+ has let me take another dive into the game and I am doing pretty well so far.  I am two bosses down and just bought the Hunter's Chief Emblem key to open up more areas.  

So please give me your tips, tricks, do's, and don'ts. 

Below is my current item situation.

Also what the hell is happening to me?

The Saw Cleaver and Spear get bonus damage against beasts, which can help you out against two of the tougher earlier bosses. Also, use fire paper against them too, for even more damage. Just in case you struggle against those, which many people often do at first.

BB made EZ:

Use hunters axe until you can get Ludwig's Holy Blade

Vitality is #1 stat, soft cap is at 50 

Endurance to 40

Ludwig's Holy Blade has a B scaling in both Strength and Skill when fully upgraded so you'll be wanting to put points into both STR and SKL

On 6/22/2018 at 8:51 PM, Xbob42 said:

What the hell does this even mean?! Do they give you the shits?

Sometimes.

So as an update I've defeated the witch and blood hungry beast. I was headeding back to trade in some souls, died, woke up in jail. Now I have a whole new area to explore but I'm out of health potions. Guess it's back to the first area to grind some more.

I dodge pretty well but is perry in this game just using the gun during an enemy attack?

2 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

Okay got Ludwig's holy blade.  Pretty much stuck in between two boss fights. The vicar lady and some electric bat cat.

There should be a summonable NPC to help you for the Vicar fight.  Same goes for the beast too.   I think if you want to have higher damage on the Vicar fight I believe you have to enchant your weapon with fire?  I forgot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just beat Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.  The last few bosses I've played have been pretty meh compared to others in the game.  I did One Reborn and Celestial Emissary first try.  Pretty much had Ebrietas first try but I died just as the helper killed her.  

6 minutes ago, StephenO1683 said:

Just beat Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.  The last few bosses I've played have been pretty meh compared to others in the game.  I did One Reborn and Celestial Emissary first try.  Pretty much had Ebrietas first try but I died just as the helper killed her.  

That's pretty good! Ebrietas is one many consider extremely difficult, but there are bosses here that are considering hard that some find a piece of cake. Blood-Starved Beast is one most have trouble with, yet my friend beat him on his first try.

One Reborn isn't a popular boss, and he's pretty easy with electric attacks. Celestial Emissary is fun but he's not terribly difficult.

I can't wait until you get to the DLC bosses. I may install Bloodborne to co-op with you, tbqh. Or the Chalice Dungeons, SHIT, some of the bosses are fun.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:29 AM, StephenO1683 said:

So I was running through the Forbidden Woods last night.  Fun area, I really enjoyed my time there.  Have a peek

Last time I played before the game locked me out due to refunding Old Hunters I was in that area.  Fucking snakes.

It's always crazy how individualized the difficulty for Soulsborne bosses can be...I one-shotted Smough & Ornstein (DS1), Kalameet (DS1), and Prince Lothric (DS3), all of whom are considered pretty challenging, but Gaping Dragon (DS1) and Amygdala (BB) gave me fucking fits, and both of those are considered reasonably easy. 

21 hours ago, Chris- said:

It's always crazy how individualized the difficulty for Soulsborne bosses can be...I one-shotted Smough & Ornstein (DS1), Kalameet (DS1), and Prince Lothric (DS3), all of whom are considered pretty challenging, but Gaping Dragon (DS1) and Amygdala (BB) gave me fucking fits, and both of those are considered reasonably easy. 

I hated Amygdala.  Such a stupid battle.  "Hey we're going to make a T-Rex style monster whose legs are strong as hell and it can only be hurt on its upper body but the only time you can hit the upper body is when it triggers its AoE attacks."

20 hours ago, darkness35 said:

Gaping Dragon was good (and fun) boss to kill.  Bed of Chaos and Pursuer can go fuck themselves.

I only got to the first Pursuer fight in my DS2 playthrough (I've only played up to Lost Bastille), but it was easy since I knew the cheese method. Bed of Chaos can indeed fuck right off though; I had to summon just so it wouldn't spam that fucking sweeping attack which makes it impossible to get to its weak points.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:14 PM, StephenO1683 said:

Oh also fuck frenzy.

Hahaha, I was watching that thinking, "Yup, this part's gonna be difficult for him."

Or as your friend would say, "fucking lol"

Still, you put the best equipment on you, so you prepared accordingly. To echo what @Chris- said, you dying to Mergo multiple times was amazing to me since I have never died to her in, like, 4 to 5 playthroughs. And Amygdala I don't find as hard but I find fun. Yet there are a point where One Reborn would murder me, whereas you beat it immediately.

And plus, you accidentally figured stuff out that I NEVER KNEW.

Please let me know when you're gonna tackle the Chalice Dungeons. There are some terrific bosses, particularly in the harder dungeons, and they're a ball co-op.

On 7/7/2018 at 2:30 PM, SaysWho? said:

Please let me know when you're gonna tackle the Chalice Dungeons. There are some terrific bosses, particularly in the harder dungeons, and they're a ball co-op.

I think I have the first dungeon almost done.  All for co-op if schedules sync up. 

1 minute ago, StephenO1683 said:

I think I have the first dungeon almost done.  All for co-op if schedules sync up. 

I'm totally down. Lemme know how your schedule looks. I helped madmankevin get a plat even after me not playing for a while, so I'll start rusty but I'll get back in the groove.