Analyst: Battlefield V pre-order sales are "weak", may suffer same fate as Titanfall 2

Commissar SFLUFAN

Is it crazy to think that the drop off could be partially due to the fact that people still like and are satisfied with BF1 and aren't looking for anything new from them right now?

I'm being honest here.  Sometimes, even gamers can live within their own economy and say, "yeah, I can keep going with the underwear I have.  It works.  No need to spend on anything new."

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Is it crazy to think that the drop off could be partially due to the fact that people still like and are satisfied with BF1 and aren't looking for anything new from them right now?

I'm being honest here.  Sometimes, even gamers can live within their own economy and say, "yeah, I can keep going with the underwear I have.  It works.  No need to spend on anything new."

Yeah really BF was a special franchise that didn't need to have a yearly iteration.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah really BF was a special franchise that didn't need to have a yearly iteration.

There...right there, Keyser.  Thank you.  The word "special" is very appropriate.  I was honestly a little surprised when I heard BFV was even coming out, or rather, coming out so soon.

...also as of the last few years, more than any other genre, I think shooters have to be careful with fatigue with respect to their customers.

I am ridiculously  fired up for the next Halo game.  Sure, because it appears as though they are going to be doing something different, but more so because it is time.

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

Man I should have played more BF1. I liked that game. Not as much as 4, but it was still good. 

Nowadays all the devs are chasing their Fortnite / Overwatch / DOTA style forever game. It’s interesting to see that contrasted with companies essentially doing the opposite with the yearly franchise thing. 

2 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Not crazy at all. People are still plenty happy with BF4, especially after BF1 came out with its weird  vehicle spawns, horses and bayonets instead of Abrams and advanced rifles, and don't forget the Dice tradition of six months of buggy, janky gameplay. BFV looks to continue that trend. 

I hope this doesn't hurt the Battlefield franchise. To be honest I still play BF4 cause the community is still alive. I bought BF1 due to how fun BF4 was but to be honest, I don't think I've played BF1 for more than 3 hours because BF4 is just that much a good game. I think when the BF4 community dies off whether naturally or EA forces us out, then I will play the game I bought in BF1 that I haven't really played. 

Like it was said above, it would be wise for EA to push the date of release but putting wise and EA in the same sentence is not logical. 

15 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I hope this doesn't hurt the Battlefield franchise. To be honest I still play BF4 cause the community is still alive. I bought BF1 due to how fun BF4 was but to be honest, I don't think I've played BF1 for more than 3 hours because BF4 is just that much a good game. I think when the BF4 community dies off whether naturally or EA forces us out, then I will play the game I bought in BF1 that I haven't really played. 

Like it was said above, it would be wise for EA to push the date of release but putting wise and EA in the same sentence is not logical. 

First, Hurdy, I love that you stick to Batman.

Second,...man...I don't think I have ever played BF4.  If it is on EA Access I will give it a try.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Not crazy at all. People are still plenty happy with BF4, especially after BF1 came out with its weird  vehicle spawns, horses and bayonets instead of Abrams and advanced rifles, and don't forget the Dice tradition of six months of buggy, janky gameplay. BFV looks to continue that trend. 

Say what you want about the COD franchise but Activison has that online multiplayer running p’ damn good on day one. 

Just now, BuckFly said:

First, Hurdy, I love that you stick to Batman.

Second,...man...I don't think I have ever played BF4.  If it is on EA Access I will give it a try.

The funny thing is that I was never a fan of first person shooters that used real people or I should say humans cause it kind of made light or war to me. I've always appreciated fps like Halo or Doom. When I wanted to get the PS4 day one, I had to get a bundle and the one that came with BF4 seemed to be the most attractive. The game has been noted for the issues it had during launch but Dice fixed it and I couldn't put the game down. The visuals, the gunplay, and environmental  destruction makes it a winner.  Do give it a try.

• Thanks 1

Removing the lock on Doritos and Supression is the only thing BF5 has going for it. Everything else is terrible.

Even if they hadnt messed with some core BF principles I still dont preorder shit.

Also wouldnt preorder cause I dont need no Dames or Skirts cloggin up my war zone with the hormones !

• Guillotine 1