SFLUFAN's End of Summer Game Giveaway

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I love how this suddenly became a thread involving food out of no where.

When Canada opens up again, I ask you to look for a California Sandwiches and try their Chicken Deluxe sandwich. They take a piece of chicken breast, cut in 2,  and pound it out into a schnitzel. Kaiser bun, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomato and I always pay the $1 for sauté onions too. Wish they had some pickles, but the sandwich is huge and delicious. 

They're not bad. 

@Brick I went out today for a walk and it’s freaking hot as hell out. I hope you’re surviving today ok. :( 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I love how this suddenly became a thread involving food out of no where.

When Canada opens up again, I ask you to look for a California Sandwiches and try their Chicken Deluxe sandwich. They take a piece of chicken breast, cut in 2,  and pound it out into a schnitzel. Kaiser bun, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomato and I always pay the $1 for sauté onions too. Wish they had some pickles, but the sandwich is huge and delicious. 

My recommendation, Find a porchetta and co, and get their (og) chicken sandwich. It is IMO the best one in the city.

On 6/6/2021 at 3:36 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Have you had the Ch'King Sandwich yet?

Just had it. Might be the worst one for me. IMO, it tasted the most like a frozen tyson chicken tender. Tho, I am pretty sure they cooked it for too long. Had a very slight burn taste on the breading. 

You know, with all of these sandwiches, they all have these pickles on them that are literally the same. They are pickles that are still pretty white with a bit more of a cucumber taste. McD's, BK, KFC, and Popeyes all have this "deli-style" pickle. And you know what, these pickles just kinda suck. Like, they over power everything. And to me, they all have a taste that reminds me of lime. But you know what place doesn't use those pickles? Fuckin Chick-fil-A. Now they are cut the same, but that have that really deep greenish yellow color to them like a mt. olive or vlasic pickle. Like, no only does their chicken patty have a much stronger flavor, they also use pickles that don't totally over power the breading. The only chicken sammy that doesn't get overpowered by these pickles is the popeyes one because their chicken has that strong smoke flavor or whatever. These pickles are the reason why CFA is the best and Popeyes is in second. All the other places are just subpar. Well, I have like two places left. Maybe 3 if I want to do Arby's. I have had an Arby's Chicken Sandwich before but it also had swiss, bacon, and I think bbq sauce on it which is a really unfair comparison. 

• Thanks 1

Unrelated to chicken, I also tried the Bourbon Bacon Cheeseburger from Wendy's on Friday. For me, the crispy onions killed it. I liked the crunch, but it was so onion tasting. All I could taste was the sauce and onion. It was over kill. It need like 80% less onions imo. I could see myself getting it again, but with no onions. 

36 minutes ago, Brick said:

Guy just came and fixed the air conditioning. Thank Christ. Last night it was so hot even in my basement, where it's usually cooler, I was sweating. 

I got central air installed this Spring and happy I did. The last four days have been in the 90s for NJ. I would have roasted. 

The Hardees chicken sammy was good. Not better than popeyes or CFA, but better than all the others so far. Just Wendy's left to try. Prolly gonna pass on Arby's. I forgot Sonic was a thing, but I am going to skip that as well. 

7 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I got central air installed this Spring and happy I did. The last four days have been in the 90s for NJ. I would have roasted. 

I can't imagine living without central air. 

Yeah yeah yeah hashtag privilege. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to SFLUFAN's Middle of Summer Game Giveaway
6 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Really! I never win things. So naturally I thought I was too late.  I’m a stupid Canadian.  Does that change things? I could either get something for ps4 or switch.  What works easiest?

Picking a game works the best

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m thinking re: village!

you’re the greatest leader ever

sorry, had to see what’s out these days.  Was trying not to be a greed pig and go with something on sale but was rushed. 

For the PS4 version of RE: Village, I'll send you the amount for the game in Canadian dollars so you can purchase it from the Canadian PlayStation Store.  Send me your PayPal account email address.

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly sub-standard the functionality of the the PlayStation Store is compared to its peers.

They've actually removed a lot of features that were there before the PS5. Like yesterday when I wanted to friend @SimpleG you can't do it on the website anymore. You can do it on the app though.