[BIG SPOILERS] Rumour: Collider has found out Spider-Man: No Way Home's villain(s)

• Jason changed the title to [BIG SPOILERS] Rumour: Collider has found out Spider-Man: No Way Home's villain(s)

I love Spider-Man 1 and 2, I really loved Dafoe as the Green Goblin (I maintain that the final fight between Spidey / GG at the end of Spider-Man is one of the few that really shows the hero in true peril), but… I’m not sure if I want this? I feel kinda the same way I do about having the X-Men come into the MCU, I worry at some point it’ll just be too much.

I guess we’ll see where Phase 4 ends up heading in general, some of the revealed projects have the potential for Thanos style heavy hitters, bringing in whole other universes into that is gonna be a tough balancing act.

23 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So correct me if I'm wrong but essentially from what I have read & heard, the things that happened in WandaVision will lead into this movie somehow & then what transpires in NWH will then lead into Doctor Strange 2, right?

We do know that Elizabeth Olsen is in the next Doctor Strange, but I think that's all that's confirmed.

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hasn't it been rumored for a while that No Way Home was going to feature a bunch of villains for the previous Spider-Man movies? I swear I recall seeing Molina and Foxx already confirmed as being in this.

We've known  at least about Electro and Doc Ock, not sure about the others.

It seemed very likely we'd get them in the third film.  I can't think of any reason why not other than Sony, though I didn't expect to see the Dafoe reprise his role.  

I just hope the Goblin costume in this is inspired by the test footage of the original instead of the power ranger one.  

It'll be interesting to see how they pull this off story wise. I have no problem with them brining villains in from other universes, but I don't see how they can bring in Green Goblin from the Toby verse as he died there. Bringing in Doctor Octopus works, but Green Goblin?

1 minute ago, Bataar said:

It'll be interesting to see how they pull this off story wise. I have no problem with them brining villains in from other universes, but I don't see how they can bring in Green Goblin from the Toby verse as he died there. Bringing in Doctor Octopus works, but Green Goblin?

If only they had established that time travel exists in the MCU :p

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah, not only does time travel exist in the MCU, so do alternate universes/dimensions now. I've always felt opening things up in both of those ways will ultimately endlessly convolute the MCU, thus destroying a lot of dramatic tension (the CW universe suffered from this ultimately) but since they are doing it, Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin could be from a universe similar to but separate from the Willem Dafoe of the Toby Spidey universe (who did very much die).

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I thought about that, but wasn't sure they'd want to use the de-aging special effects the whole time, but I guess they did it with Nick Fury so that could probably work.

1 hour ago, Bataar said:

Well maybe they take him shortly after he killed at the army base in the first movie. He wakes up late morning/afternoon with no recollection of the nights events. Maybe they pulled him shortly after that and whatever happens in NWH have him Fred Flintstone on the head and forgot everything and transport him back, non the wiser or not. Might also explain his appearance to Harry in the mirrors, and that he is semi stuck in an alternate realm. Makes me wonder if we would see him in the next Dr Strange too