COBRA KAI - Official Thread - Season 4 now streaming on Netflix

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Spork3245 changed the title to Cobra Kai is moving to Netflix - Season 3 releasing EARLY: JANUARY 1ST 2021!
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Don't have a problem with him being an ass, but he's dumb as hell and the writers want us to like him.  Hopefully they just turn him full heel.

i do find it weird that i enjoy every kid character besides him. 

Can't stand Robby. I haven't even watched this season yet and I prolly won't until I beat 2077. Wish the character would die or something. Like, everyone hated Joffrey, but it wasn't like they wanted him just removed from the show. They wanted him to get what was coming to him. I don't feel that way about Robby. I just want the character removed and to never be talked about again. 

Maybe everyone's praise for this show set raised my expectations too much, but after three episodes of cheese I'm not inclined to keep going. The IMDB episode ratings don't really improve. Is it safe to say that if I'm not in after a few episodes, this show just isn't for me?

13 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Maybe everyone's praise for this show set raised my expectations too much, but after three episodes of cheese I'm not inclined to keep going. The IMDB episode ratings don't really improve. Is it safe to say that if I'm not in after a few episodes, this show just isn't for me?

Yeah the cheese never really goes away. It’s def an intentional part of the show. I would say that yes the show continues to get better and better and has a lot of legit emotional moments to balance the cheese. But the cheese never goes away. 

The cheese has to be intentional because if you step back and look at this "universe" you'll see the solution to every problem is karate, but I do love it.  And they did a great job with the flashbacks when Daniel went to Japan.  

And slight spoiler. ..

at the end of this season it's just hilarious Kreese is going to call in a favor from his buddy, and the phone call will go something like, "Hey man, long time no see.  Can you come to town and help me train some teenagers to beat up some other teenagers, again?  This is really important stuff dude."  But I don't really care because Kreese is carrying this show being the perfect heel.

6 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

The cheese has to be intentional because if you step back and look at this "universe" you'll see the solution to every problem is karate, but I do love it.  And they did a great job with the flashbacks when Daniel went to Japan.  

And slight spoiler. ..

at the end of this season it's just hilarious Kreese is going to call in a favor from his buddy, and the phone call will go something like, "Hey man, long time no see.  Can you come to town and help me train some teenagers to beat up some other teenagers, again?  This is really important stuff dude."  But I don't really care because Kreese is carrying this show being the perfect heel.

More like:

Spoiler

Hey, Terry... remember that kid you spent like a million dollars trying to defeat in that tournament back in the 80’s? Yea, the time you wasted the money with a contract with the “bad boy” of karate to help me out the last time I called you for a favor... uh-huh... yea, well, listen: that kid has a dojo now and is training teens! Teens, Terry! I gotta beat him and them, so how about some more money? Yes, yes, I know I didn’t ask for anything when I was homeless and living in a shelter, but this is actually important! ... ... well, I’ll have you remember I saved your life... okay, so I’ll see you soon.

Hold up, so that dude Kreese saved was Terry from KK3? The pony tail villain guy? Kresse and him don't seem anywhere near the same age but I might just be remembering KK3 fuzzy. If so, then it makes that whole phone call and flashbacks more interesting to me.

They need to stop with the cringe inducing kids one shot brawls. It was awful in S2 and atrocious in S3. I appreciate the cheesiness when it comes to the adults and their drama but all the kids stuff annoys the heck out of me.

edit: Watching Tory fight is the worst. She's awful.

1 hour ago, NeoJoe said:

Hold up, so that dude Kreese saved was Terry from KK3? The pony tail villain guy? Kresse and him don't seem anywhere near the same age but I might just be remembering KK3 fuzzy. If so, then it makes that whole phone call and flashbacks more interesting to me.

They are very close in age in KK3. 

r2smxtu8t4n51.jpg?auto=webp&s=c57470ad25

They don't look very far apart in age to me, and Kreese was clearly already a bit older when he joined the army, whereas Terry could've been drafted at 18.

They need to stop with the cringe inducing kids one shot brawls. It was awful in S2 and atrocious in S3. I appreciate the cheesiness when it comes to the adults and their drama but all the kids stuff annoys the heck out of me.

edit: Watching Tory fight is the worst. She's awful.

This has some of the best fight choreography outside of Daredevil and The Punisher.