COBRA KAI - Official Thread - Season 4 now streaming on Netflix

20 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

yes but the 5th movie, the reboot has no bearing on Cobra Kai

Yes, I know, I was just being facetious, as I explained earlier in the thread. :p  Also: 

22 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

2021 makes me sad. 

Also, the Smiths produce Cobra Kai, so my guess would be that all 5 movies are canon. 

Potentially this? As I said earlier, are we sure it doesn't count? It may right? :p 

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Potentially this? As I said earlier, are we sure it doesn't count? It may right? :p 

Except in very rare circumstances, the money overrules all. So if Will decides Jackie Chan or Jayden should make appearances... I’m pretty sure it will happen. 

That being said, the entire show has been super respectful of the material that came before it, so if they were to go down that route, it would serve purpose to the story. 

7 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Except in very rare circumstances, the money overrules all. So if Will decides Jackie Chan or Jayden should make appearances... I’m pretty sure it will happen. 

That being said, the entire show has been super respectful of the material that came before it, so if they were to go down that route, it would serve purpose to the story. 

I’d rather Hillary Swank or Michael Ironside show up before any of those people.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I can't imagine how Jayden or Chan showing up would make any sense what so ever since the movie and characters have no connection to Daniel, Jonny or Miyagi 

The connection could start/begin . . . in the show. I'm so glad I brought up the secret 5th Karate Kid movie. :p 

Maybe even the animated series from 1989 is canon! 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’d rather Hillary Swank or Michael Ironside show up before any of those people.

Not for storyline reasons, but it would be awesome if Jackie showed up just because Jackie is awesome.

I wonder if it would fit canon if Jackie showd up as Miyagi's son. Obviously it would be retconning, but does anything mentioned in story explicitly contradict him having a son?

Here’s why the reboot sucks. It’s based in China (this circles back soon), Jaeden Smith learns Kung Fu and not Karate (which is Japanese - also, we just circled back to my first point), it’s still called the Karate Kid, the movie is also terrible.

And, no, Jackie Chan shouldn’t play Miyagi’s son... JACKIE CHAN IS FROM HONG KONG, AND NOT JAPAN.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

OK, I’m done.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Here’s why the reboot sucks. It’s based in China (this circles back soon), Jaeden Smith learns Kung Fu and not Karate (which is Japanese - also, we just circled back to my first point), it’s still called the Karate Kid, the movie is also terrible.

And, no, Jackie Chan shouldn’t play Miyagi’s son... JACKIE CHAN IS FROM HONG KONG, AND NOT JAPAN.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

OK, I’m done.

This is indeed the problem. It should have been called The Kung Fu Kid, it's all messed up. But, it would be cool if Jackie showed up (not as Miyagi's son, but in general). 

Something that’s 100% worth watching besides the first 3 movies(it references all 3) is the YouTube video that theorizes that Daniel is actually the villain of the first movie and not Johnny. Johnny basically summarizes the theory at one point but the entire first season kinda of plays around with that theory actually being true. Like I said, Johnny will give you that theory eventually but I found it a lot of fun already knowing about it’s existence. 

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Something that’s 100% worth watching besides the first 3 movies(it references all 3) is the YouTube video that theorizes that Daniel is actually the villain of the first movie and not Johnny. Johnny basically summarizes the theory at one point but the entire first season kinda of plays around with that theory actually being true. Like I said, Johnny will give you that theory eventually but I found it a lot of fun already knowing about it’s existence. 

Isn’t that video just based on the HIMYM running joke? :p 

I binged both seasons last week and I overall enjoyed them. S1 way more than S2. The nostalgia was real. There were a lot of eye roll moments though, especially in S2.

I watch these with a bit of a critical eye though because Miyagi-Do is essentially Goju-Ryu style Karate which I studied for 9 years. That kata Daniel keeps doing is one of my favorites (it's called Seyunchin) but they have like 8 different kata they can pick from but they keep reusing the same 5 moves from the beginning of it. lol I won't get into all the fight stuff but that last school brawl was power rangers level fight choreography. :p

I also just finished season 2 recently. I loved the original movie when I was a kid. Never saw any of the sequels, however. I had always been meaning to get around to this show and finally started it earlier this month. I absolutely love it. Season 2 was much weaker IMO. Throughout the season there were some parts and moments that were just so cheesy and some of the fight choreography was reaaallly bad. Some of it was really good though. There's some good humor sprinkled throughout. Johnny's wet dream about Carmen was awesome. And those last ten minutes of the season finale were some dark shit. I'm definitely excited for season 3. I think Ralph Macchio was a much better actor when he was a kid. His acting seems really halted and wooden now.

I made it all the way through, but the early episodes of season 2 were ROUGH. Cheesy Disney Channel stuff. It turns around the last couple of episodes and ends on a strong note. Will definitely be there for season 3.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m a little concerned that S3 may do “too much”. The teaser trailer clearly shows that Daniel goes to  

Hide contents

Okinawa, and Chozen is shown sparring with him. It’s confirmed that Allie will be back. There’s a lot of rumors that Terry Silver will be back as well.

Too much definitely sounds appropriate if all that is true.

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m a little concerned that S3 may do “too much”. The teaser trailer clearly shows that Daniel goes to  

Hide contents

Okinawa, and Chozen is shown sparring with him. It’s confirmed that Allie will be back. There’s a lot of rumors that Terry Silver will be back as well.

Surprise twist.

In the season 3 finale Elizabeth Shoe and Tamlyn Tomita meet in the All Valley Karate showdown. Then Courtney Hennegler takes them both out with a folding chair and pulls a Louis.....

• GeneticBlueprint changed the title to Cobra Kai is moving to Netflix - Season 3 release: 8 Jan 2021