Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: Miles Morales PC release on 18 November 2022

Pikachu

Just now, Pikachu said:

Most of the patches are small. They just fix a few bugs and such. The photo mode is the biggest patch.

Thank goodness. I do expect some initial patches with games nowadays but sometimes these patches can be crazy before I am able to press start on a game.

Thank you

I hope each costume looks good and doesn't clash too much with the rest of the world. The costumes in the Arkham games could sometimes look really off, and I'd just stick to the regular outfit. 

I doubt the black symbiote suit is in there. They are probably going to save that for the sequel with Venom. Maybe the sequel will be about finding the black suit and how it's negatively changing Peter, and be about Peter first fighting Venom. I wonder which villains Insomniac, if any, are going to be first time encounters for Spider-Man since they've said he's been active for 8 years, so most of them are probably already familiar with Spider-Man. 

I have one little hang up which is my own hangup just due to muscle memory from playing another super hero series of my favorite super hero which I think you all can guess. I will get over it but I wish I could swap buttons cause the dodge button being circle was causing be just a little bit of frustration during the first boss fight. It got intense and my natural inclination was to hit the triangle button like Arkham and I was getting trashed for a bit. I know I will learn to use circle but I know when fights get intense my muscle memory will go for triangle. 

Other than that, the game is great. I had to pull myself off the controller and if that happens, I know I am in possession of a good game.

Played about 45 mins or so. The combat is really not good, its not bad it just feels like a mediocre take on the Batman combat system. Ive had npc twirl and slide across the floor to connect with kicks and i have had npc stun lock me. It reminds me of some Souls games where mid swing you dodge and they spin like a ballerina to auto connect.

Graphics are impressive and the city is fantastic looking. I am gonna keep pressing forward and hope its just been bad luck with the combat.

I feel like it's going to take me a while to remember all of the controls. Only played about 20min before work so I'm still dipping my feet in. I will say the game looks amazing. There is so much detail when you start looking around in photo mode. Just zoom in on some trash or debris. There was a newspaper laying on the ground that had a headline like "Tornado crushes school, 20 students among the dead" lol. 

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Played about 45 mins or so. The combat is really not good, its not bad it just feels like a mediocre take on the Batman combat system. Ive had npc twirl and slide across the floor to connect with kicks and i have had npc stun lock me. It reminds me of some Souls games where mid swing you dodge and they spin like a ballerina to auto connect.

Graphics are impressive and the city is fantastic looking. I am gonna keep pressing forward and hope its just been bad luck with the combat.

Combat supposedly gets deeper wit the more moves you unlock.

Just finished the first story mission... there's a lot to take in with the combat and movement. Besides a few comic-nerd quibbles, game seems pretty awesome so far. I have the day off and the girl is hanging with friends so I have all day with this sucker.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Combat supposedly gets deeper wit the more moves you unlock.

Just finished the first story mission... there's a lot to take in with the combat and movement. Besides a few comic-nerd quibbles, game seems pretty awesome so far. I have the day off and the girl is hanging with friends so I have all day with this sucker.

I think you said it best, it is a lot to take in initially which I crazy when you look at the skill tree, he has a lot more abilities that the player can unlock. I believe it to be deep cause I started putting some nice combos together which was smooth and flowing at some point. One review did say that they thought the basic abilities Spidey starts with was enough and never really encouraged them to truly try out other abilities.

1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I feel like it's going to take me a while to remember all of the controls. Only played about 20min before work so I'm still dipping my feet in. I will say the game looks amazing. There is so much detail when you start looking around in photo mode. Just zoom in on some trash or debris. There was a newspaper laying on the ground that had a headline like "Tornado crushes school, 20 students among the dead" lol. 

Absolutely agree. There were two to three key instances when I was totally distracted by the detail in the city when I was either playing with photo mode or just trying to swing to an objective. It definitely invites exploration. I'm digging looking for Peter's backpacks (I found every riddler trophy in all the Arkham games so the backpack search has grabbed my attention already especially with the stories that come with that).

Started it last night.

I get the feeling with the combat that this is going to be a bit like God of War in the respect that it starts off basic, but you keep unlocking and adding more and more moves as you go.

Really fun so far, but I'm clumsy as shit so far.  I'll be putting some serious time in tonight. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Christ, reading this thread makes me want to get it, but I've barely gotten into GoW and Horizon.

Considering the quality of those two games, you're just fine playing them unless you want to be in the moment with other d1p posters who are starting the game.