Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: Miles Morales PC release on 18 November 2022

Pikachu

Just a heads up I got a corrupted save file after reloading from a death and tried a few things then realized I could load a previous auto save in the menu and it worked. Might have been a fluke but just in case might be a good idea to manual save every mission or so just in case.

• Like 1

About 15% in but got most of the towers and upgraded a bunch of stuff. It’s kinda crazy how much of this is a much refined sequel to Spider-man 2 with much higher production values. So many of the mechanics and expected moves and upgrades are similar.

Which makes me think that if Spider-man has some of its roots in Arkham, then Arkham definitely has its roots in Spider-man 2.

Got a little time before meeting up with the lady and have been playing for a bit. Using the Iron Spider suit from Infinity War which looks AWESOME. The game is definitely NOT a button masher and skill will be required to really get the most out of the combat. I'm starting to get the hang of Web swinging and the story seems pretty cool so far... I'm digging it.

EDIT: As a long time Spidey fan I'm also really digging the changes they've made to the lore. Also apparently

Spoiler

The events of this game will be made canon and this game's Spiderman will be incorporated into the Marvel U this fall as part of the big Spider-Geddon crossover.

Cool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Got a little time before meeting up with the lady and have been playing for a bit. Using the Iron Spider suit from Infinity War which looks AWESOME. The game is definitely NOT a button masher and skill will be required to really get the most out of the combat. I'm starting to get the hang of Web swinging and the story seems pretty cool so far... I'm digging it.

EDIT: As a long time Spidey fan I'm also really digging the changes they've made to the lore. Also apparently

Reveal hidden contents

Cool.

Thats awesome! Really enjoying what they are doing with this story so far.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

He didn’t, it popped up on his YouTube feed from a channel he probably doesn’t even subscribe to. It’s the equivalent of flipping through your TV guide and getting a random spoiler.

If spoilers bothered me this much, which they don’t, I wouldn’t go any where near YouTube when a big video game like Spider-Man just released. But that neither here nor there since the damage has been done. Spoilers to me aren’t a big deal. I watch streams all the time and see shit in games. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

If spoilers bothered me this much, which they don’t, I wouldn’t go any where near YouTube when a big video game like Spider-Man just released. But that neither here nor there since the damage has been done. Spoilers to me aren’t a big deal. I watch streams all the time and see shit in games. Lol. 

He should clearly avoid all of his regular activities and forms of entertainment and focus on finishing the game. /sarcasm

Alright. I was already pretty interested in the game since it was announced, but its high quality reviews to confirm make this the game that that broke the camel's back. GoW, Spiderman, HZD, UC, RDR*, and eventually TLoU2 are enough quality exclusives. I'm getting a PS4 (Pro). The question now is just how soon.

*Exclusive in so far as it's not on PC or Switch.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, legend said:

Alright. I was already pretty interested in the game since it was announced, but its high quality reviews to confirm make this the game that that broke the camel's back. GoW, Spiderman, HZD, UC, RDR*, and eventually TLoU2 are enough quality exclusives. I'm getting a PS4 (Pro). The question now is just how soon.

Buy one today just for Spider-Man alone. Not kidding.

2 hours ago, legend said:

You're making a good decision! There's a ton of quality out on the PS4 as it's developed a wonderful library (and don't forget Bloodborne!).

In regards to Uncharted, remember that Lost Legacy is a full-length second Uncharted game on the system, and it's fantastic.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Buy one today just for Spider-Man alone. Not kidding.

Won't happen today, because I've still got other games taking my time in addition to working longer hours per week. But rest assured it won't be too long!

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

You're making a good decision! There's a ton of quality out on the PS4 as it's developed a wonderful library (and don't forget Bloodborne!).

In regards to Uncharted, remember that Lost Legacy is a full-length second Uncharted game on the system, and it's fantastic.

I'm hesitant on Bloodborne. DS didn't do anything for me, but I've been enjoying a bunch of harder action games lately, like Hollow Knight and Dead Cells. Bloodborne might be different enough from DS in all the right ways that I end up loving it. I'll probably give it a try once I have the system, but it won't be high priority.

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Last Guardian, Until Dawn, Persona 5, Fucking Knack, etc....Sony killed it this gen

LG is indeed also my list, being that I was massive fan of Ico. I haven't played any of the Persona games, but the love it gets does pique my interest.

25 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I was watching MoonMoon play this and :sick: to one repeated aspect of the game.

Reveal hidden contents

Everything else seems fine and cool. 

Those are actually well integrated in to the game and story and aren't that frequent to be an issue.