Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: Miles Morales PC release on 18 November 2022

Pikachu

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

They were totally upfront about it prior to the release of the game, just look at the Deluxe Edition details - the issue is putting out a trailer before the main game even comes out. It's just nutty, IMO... like, wait a week, jeez! :/ 

Yeah, that totally makes sense. It is off putting when DLC  trailers and ads are released before the game releases. Some other game, I was interested in, did that a while back. I don't jump on new stuff too often so I have no idea if it's that prevalent of behavior or does it happen every so often?

I know the game isn't even out yet, but I wonder where they would go for a sequel. Is the map all of NYC, or just Manhattan? If it's just a small section of NYC, then obviously for the sequel add in more of the city, but if it was already a good size of New York, would making the sequel take place in the same area, just with a few different things, and new villains be enough? At least with Arkham each game got bigger where it started in the Asylum, then moved over to a walled off part of Gotham, and then finally the main islands of the city.

I expect the sequel to this to come out on the PS5 though, if current estimates that the PS5 will come out in 2020 are true.

I'm still torn. I pre-ordered this game and was riding the hype train all the way up til they announced that DLC a month after release. 

I've gone back and forth, read other opinions online and I'm still torn. Spider Man was my absolute favorite Marvel character, even to this day. I really want to support Insomniac for what looks to be a fantastic, fan favorite game. But still part of me is like they should've put some of this DLC in the main game and this is just a cash grab.

I will more than likely pick up the game day one with my pre-order. 

2 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

The game looks great but without anywhere to get a pre-order discounts I'll just wait for the inevitable holiday sale. Not really missing out on anything by doing that with a single player only game.

I wonder if more single player games, and games in general, will suffer because preorder discounts and bonuses like are going away. I couldn't find a single bonus for this game.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wonder if more single player games, and games in general, will suffer because preorder discounts and bonuses like are going away. I couldn't find a single bonus for this game.

I agree. I remember when pre order bonuses were truly something that were special and enticed me to pro order game. I feel like in the past 2-3 years, the pre order bonuses are not really good at all.

I'm going to pre order Spider-Man cause its one of the rare instances I don't mind paying the day one price especially since I'm good for it, I know it will be worth it, and I really want to start the game with another costume cause the new costume they created annoys me with the white spider. I'll use the Infinity War costume happily until I can unlock the original costume.

5 hours ago, DSNCB said:

I'm still torn. I pre-ordered this game and was riding the hype train all the way up til they announced that DLC a month after release. 

I've gone back and forth, read other opinions online and I'm still torn. Spider Man was my absolute favorite Marvel character, even to this day. I really want to support Insomniac for what looks to be a fantastic, fan favorite game. But still part of me is like they should've put some of this DLC in the main game and this is just a cash grab.

I will more than likely pick up the game day one with my pre-order. 

You could wait and see if there's a complete edition released later with all the DLC bundled in. You would probably have to wait a while though. 

How much is the Black Cat DLC btw? 

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

You could wait and see if there's a complete edition released later with all the DLC bundled in. You would probably have to wait a while though. 

Individually, each DLC episode is $9.99. The season pass with all 3 episodes is $24.99. If you buy the Digital Deluxe Edition, it's essentially $20 for all three episodes plus some other knick knacks.

On 9/4/2018 at 3:58 PM, Hurdyb1 said:

I go back and forth with my feelings on DLC but I rather companies be up front about the season pass content like this instead of a season pass like Tekken 7 where the content details are very vague and almost blind.

By the time I get it, it'll probably have the DLC bundled with it.  I want to play it, but I'm probably going to wait for a price drop as I have other games I still need to get around to playing before I pick this one up.  

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s fairly hideous and I’d hate that thing being in my entertainment center :p 

I couldn't even showcase with my entertainment center hence why I never go for these consoles. Only themed console I have ever bought was my Super Mario themed 3DS XL since people can actually see it. 

14 hours ago, Brick said:

$9.99. You get get all three for $24.99

20 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I agree. I remember when pre order bonuses were truly something that were special and enticed me to pro order game. I feel like in the past 2-3 years, the pre order bonuses are not really good at all.

I'm going to pre order Spider-Man cause its one of the rare instances I don't mind paying the day one price especially since I'm good for it, I know it will be worth it, and I really want to start the game with another costume cause the new costume they created annoys me with the white spider. I'll use the Infinity War costume happily until I can unlock the original costume.

I wasn't going to get this game until I heard the praise from the latest Giantbombcast.  After hearing there is a ton of content in the base game I'm not going to rush and get the season pass. You only save $5 if you buy the deluxe edition now anyways. 

And I thought the same thing about the starting Spiderman costume :lol: the white color just doesn't look right. 

23 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

If you put it in your download queue, it should have done preloaded. Also there is 4 patches out for the game already, so if you see 1.04 installed then that's a sign too.

Yea, but how do I put it in my download queue? When I go to the game page on my ps4 it just says “purchased” and it definitely didn’t preload yet as there was nothing in my dl queue for it. :( 

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, but how do I put it in my download queue? When I go to the game page on my ps4 it just says “purchased” and it definitely didn’t preload yet as there was nothing in my dl queue for it. :( 

If you go to the playstation store website, you can click on the drop down menu under your account and select download list. It should be there. That's how I did it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

And I thought the same thing about the starting Spiderman costume :lol: the white color just doesn't look right. 

I'm so glad I'm not alone, lol. He already has a bright, but iconic, costume. There is no need to put an extra target on it, lol. I was so happy when I saw a video with the original costume but then I learned last night the game has over 20 costumes to unlock. 

7 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I'm so glad I'm not alone, lol. He already has a bright, but iconic, costume. There is no need to put an extra target on it, lol. I was so happy when I saw a video with the original costume but then I learned last night the game has over 20 costumes to unlock. 

Shit I know I'm gonna spend a decent amount of time just unlocking the suits... I'm off tomorrow so I know what I'll be doing all day :dancing:

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

If you put it in your download queue, it should have done preloaded. Also there is 4 patches out for the game already, so if you see 1.04 installed then that's a sign too.

4 patches already? Oh damn. Might be a late gym night for me cause its no telling how long that patch downloads will take.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Shit I know I'm gonna spend a decent amount of time just unlocking the suits... I'm off tomorrow so I know what I'll be doing all day :dancing:

I know I'm gonna have fun looking for them. Let me know I can get all black Spidey, that's the suit I'm rocking all the time!

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's GOTTA be in there. 

I also wonder, now, what other costumes are in there and what did Sony and Marvel allow for Innsomniac to access to? It would be cool to see his Fantastic Four costume that was white. 

That idea of content and access is what honestly made me get the game early cause I know people will be spoiling the hell out of the game so I want to see things develop myself in front of my eyes. I know that even when I bought God of War day 1, some of it was already spoiled by you tubers and other individuals, grrrrrrrr.