The Whole Goddamned Planet is getting ready for a fucking monster fire/flood/hurricane/typhoon/drought season

JGMENPEKM5HBNJG3KH5KGWBV2I.jpeg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The rapid growth prompted the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office to threaten arrests to anyone who ignored evacuation orders.

200k acre fire that is apparently 0% contained. I hope the few who do live out there have/will manage to get out safe.

We have a fire about 40 miles from here now that started yesterday (lightning strike) but they were unable to get crews and air out to it due to extreme weather (high winds and thunderstorms) went from nearly a really small fire to 1000 acres and cause are air quality to plummet in just a couple of hours. Looks like they finally have a small crew out there but the air support hasnt been able to help due to more storms in the area. 

• Sad 2

Looks like this caught a break this morning with this one as they did a prescribed burn in the area this past winter. Which has halted Westerly advance. Early this morning air crews where given clearance. But they are still worried about East and North movement. Air quality is still a bit shit here but we have a window where it will clear up for about 12 hours due to a wind shift. And the forecast is calling for clear skies until Sunday which bring just more thunderstorms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
210714054937-restricted-01-sacramento-ri
WWW.CNN.COM

California officials anticipate nearly all juvenile chinook salmon in the Sacramento River could die due to abnormally hot underwater conditions as heat waves continue to bake the West.

All it takes is one extreme weather event to potentially unravel entire ecosystems for years. When we are having these types of extreme once-in-a-century events multiple times per year, now, we are going to see massive ecological damage that could have runaway effects in some regions.

Interesting to see how quickly the response to some of these fire escalates. The fire near here went 2 helicopters and 2 air tankers this morning to being assigned 4 and 6 a few hours later. Engines went from 6 to 27. Amazing what can happen when the weather clears a bit for things. 

Don't worry the people living through this terrible thing will surely come around that climate is be thrown out of whack!

W7JHTEHFUII6XCGFJ7LDQLCHZM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

In a row of small conservative towns, the flames are unlike anything they’ve seen before. Instead of concerns over global warming, though, there is blame directed at environmentalists, marijuana farmers and potential looters.

The West has been beset by historic drought and heat waves this year exacerbated by climate change, but among the small towns that have been threatened by the Bootleg Fire — Sprague River, Beatty, Bly — there is little talk of global warming. Instead, residents vent about the federal government’s water policies and forest management. They blame liberal environmentalists for hobbling the logging industry and Mexican marijuana farmers for sucking up the area’s water. “Now the top end of the Forest Service are a bunch of flower children,” said Jim Rahi, 71, who was filling up his 3,600-gallon water tanker to deliver to firefighters in the town of Lakeview, east of the spreading fire. “That’s what the real problem is. It’s not that much hotter. It’s environmentally caused mismanagement.”

Oh wait, they'll blame not cutting down all the trees, conserving water, and Mexicans.

• Guillotine 1

God are people ignorant and dumb to what is clearly NOT FUCKING NORMAL WEATHER. We should find Trump’s people and have them sweep up them nasty leaves that seem to catching fire out there. Also, who would of thought these massive blazes were also caused by people like me who like to just get blazed on them “Mexican” Marijuana 

A few years ago I was driving on interstate 5 in the central valley during a drought and the farmers had signs blaming Nancy Pelosi for it. She was the minority leader at the time. 

Climate change works incredibly fast on a geologic timeline, but that's still well within a human lifetime--enough for humans to forget how it was 50-70 years ago

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

It's all those fucking gay Mexicans taking all of our water to feed the Biden crime family's weed farms

Actually, it’s Mexican Hemp for which is then used to make paper from. Fun fact: China buys a ton of this paper it seems every four years, with 2020 being their biggest purchase yet. 

16 hours ago, elbobo said:

We have had incredibly wet July here in upstate NY, I haven't checked but it certainly seems like it will be record setting. 

Feels the same here in PA. I'm tired of rain. It's sometimes everyday or every other day. Wish this weather would get pushed far out west where its desperately needed. I have a big tree line in my back yard that's taking a beating with these storms all the time. It's technically on the railroads property and they let the trees get way too tall for their own good. One fell on my shed in April but I was able to repair the damage myself. Then last week during one of the many rainy days, an even bigger tree fell right up against the shed but didn't damage it this time. Tree runs the whole length of my back yard and it's weighing power lines down. Power company hasnt cared to look at it yet. 

10 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

The sun is blotted out, the sky is white - and yet there isn’t a cloud in the sky. It’s been like this here in Michigan for days. It’s all wildfire smoke.

At least the sky isn't orange yet. You know it's bad when you can look directly at the sun with your bare eyes and it constantly looks like you're on Mars.

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

At least the sky isn't orange yet. You know it's bad when you can look directly at the sun with your bare eyes and it constantly looks like you're on Mars.

This. But there is also a bit of sad beauty behind it. Here in a pic I took in 2018 of a sunset here. There was a fire that produced ash in our town. I think this was a cell phone pic because I was coming home from the store or something. 

wildfiresunset.jpg