Look, Jack - The Official Joe Biden Joint Session of Congress Thread

2 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I’ve always felt that white people should just shut up about stuff like this. White Twitter piling up on this dude and calling him an Uncle Tom is uhhhhh

Yeah, if people in the tribe want to trash each other on such grounds...maybe not GREAT but it is the sorta "family business" thing I think we all generally accept. One of the weird pieces about being a bi-racial person is the feeling of unease about belonging to either group, especially if you physically favor one more than the other. As an example, my darker skinned brothers will drop an N-bomb with zero care but I just caaaaaaaaan't do it.

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, if people in the tribe want to trash each other on such grounds...maybe not GREAT but it is the sorta "family business" thing I think we all generally accept. One of the weird pieces about being a bi-racial person is the feeling of unease about belonging to either group, especially if you physically favor one more than the other. As an example, my darker skinned brothers will drop an N-bomb with zero care but I just caaaaaaaaan't do it.

I have a black foster daughter, soon to be actual daughter.  Does that count?

:troll:

3 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

I have a black foster daughter, soon to be actual daughter.  Does that count?

Much respect. Fostering is hard stuff!

7 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

That's awesome. Congratulations. 

Hasn't happened yet.  And it's probably going to take another year for the whole process to be finalized.  DSS has moved the case on to termination of parental rights, but our little girl's social worker is hopeful that with a long list of special needs (CP/visually impaired/prone to seizures/behind on all developmental metrics) and with bio-mom wanting her two older kids back and another on the way, she will be persuaded to sign voluntarily without needing the courts to make the decision.