Three men indicted for death of Ahmaud Arbery, federal hate crime charges

I’m still unsure about the charges against Bryan. While I don’t think his actions are OK, it seems pretty clear that he did what he did because the McMichaels lied about what Arbery did. The McMichaels should definitely go to prison, there is simply no legitimate reason for them to have confronted Arbery in the first place even though Arbery had been trespassing. It’s not your property, so mind yo business.

18 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Taking more than a year for charges? Better late than never. Let’s hope justice isn’t served. 

They were all charged by the state last year and the court cases are probably a month or so out from trial at this point. Federal charges usually come later than state charges.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

There’s been some new homes in development in my neighborhood and I often think of this case when passing them on our daily runs. It’s absurd a man was murdered over something so harmless. 

In the lot next to my home a new home was being built last year and I was honestly shocked at how many people would just walk up and walk around the site. My wife, who grew up in a fast growing suburb, said this behavior wasn't unusual. News to me, there

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

In the lot next to my home a new home was being built last year and I was honestly shocked at how many people would just walk up and walk around the site. My wife, who grew up in a fast growing suburb, said this behavior wasn't unusual. News to me, there

Yeah, it's not a huge deal. I really wouldn't think anything of it if I saw someone looking around an unfinished site. Hard to imagine any malicious intent.

It is a pretty common behavior. A lot of people do it when their own house is being built in a subdivision to see what the floor plan they chose looks like a few months further down the construction road than theirs, as an example.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, it's not a huge deal. I really wouldn't think anything of it if I saw someone looking around an unfinished site. Hard to imagine any malicious intent.

Residential and commercial construction sites get raided quite a bit, of course this doesnt absolve the people involved in this shit.

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

Residential and commercial construction sites get raided quite a bit, of course this doesnt absolve the people involved in this shit.

A lone guy in running shorts, I’m not thinking he’s on a raid. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

A lone guy in running shorts, I’m not thinking he’s on a raid. 

Thats not what I was implying , 

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

if I saw someone looking around an unfinished site. Hard to imagine any malicious intent.

I was just giving insight to this in general , not in this specific case.

Just now, SimpleG said:

Thats not what I was implying , 

I was just giving insight to this in general , not in this specific case.

Either way, not my business. I’m not gonna approach someone on the off chance they might be wanting to swipe a few tools or something. 

One of the things I always think about with this case is that if Bryan had not decided to record the thing on his own phone, they would have 100% got away with it. A real own goal.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Either way, not my business. I’m not gonna approach someone on the off chance they might be wanting to swipe a few tools or something. 

Absolutely, if no one is getting hurt it aint my buisness

39 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

One of the things I always think about with this case is that if Bryan had not decided to record the thing on his own phone, they would have 100% got away with it. A real own goal.

ibcG3aYEcSudZM.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1