Jump to content

Starfield (Armistice/Remembrance/Veterans Day 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Official Teaser Trailer"


Recommended Posts

"I've been told, by very reliable people that Starfield was 100% an Xbox exclusive. I've even made bets about it, and I don't bet unless I know I'm willing to bet. So I'm really, really confident that Starfield is only releasing on Xbox when it does, and I've been told as well that Microsoft is trying their hardest to get the game out for this holiday. They really want Starfield out this holiday.

 

The game's basically sort of finished - it's in bug squashing mode right now, very much like Halo Infinite, and it would be a big boon for Game Pass and Xbox if both Halo and Starfield could launch this fall."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It'll be as solid as any other Bethesda RPG.

 

I mean, I had flawless experiences with TES4/5. There were funny bugs, but nothing that ever put me off. CP77 had some pain with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see this happening. Starfield has been in development for about as long as Bethesda usually takes on their projects. So the timeline fits.

 

And yeah it will still be buggy as shit, but most likely just janky bugs and nothing like Cyberpunk's fiasco.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

I mean I’m sure they want literally anything they can claim as first party to release in 2021

Anything?  I'm not sure you understand what this game is.  It is a major release RPG from Bethesda on the same level as Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 4.  It is also running an significantly upgraded engine 'the largest engine upgrade for Bethesda since Oblivion'.  

 

This along with Halo, Forza Horizon, Age of Empires IV, and Flight Sim are all some huge games coming in 21 for Xbox.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, number305 said:

This along with Halo, Forza Horizon, Age of Empires IV, and Flight Sim are all some huge games coming in 21 for Xbox.

 

Technically speaking,

Age of Empire IV isn't coming to consoles.  (At least not that we know of) 
Forza Motorsport wasn't announced with a release date or year.
Flight Sim is coming this year, but it won't be its debut.

We'll know much more after E3.  I anticipate their holiday line-up will evolve quite a bit.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, number305 said:

Anything?  I'm not sure you understand what this game is.  It is a major release RPG from Bethesda on the same level as Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 4.  It is also running an significantly upgraded engine 'the largest engine upgrade for Bethesda since Oblivion'.  

 

This along with Halo, Forza Horizon, Age of Empires IV, and Flight Sim are all some huge games coming in 21 for Xbox.

 

See my post and save your strength 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s really not much of anything of major interest releasing this year to me, though I’d certainly be interested in seeing what this is if the rumors are true. 
 

Still, it’s tough to get TOO hyped for a Bethesda Game Studios game at this point - they haven’t exactly been knocking it out of the park in the last decade, really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I can see this happening. Starfield has been in development for about as long as Bethesda usually takes on their projects. So the timeline fits.

 

And yeah it will still be buggy as shit, but most likely just janky bugs and nothing like Cyberpunk's fiasco.

 

Pretty much this. If they pull it off and it's gamepass day one, yikes. Add Halo and Microsoft is lookin pretty damn good. Sony is looking good, too. I think both companies are on a great trajectory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I would be very surprised if we go from never having seen so much as a screenshot to the game actually releasing this year. I'm sure MS wants it to, but it just seems dubious to me.

 

Xbox exclusivity on the other hand seems very plausible. It's probably the biggest game under the whole Bethesda umbrella that MS can use to boost their platform, it would be pretty strange if they put it out on the PS5.

 

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm just really hoping that it isn't too much in the Fallout/Elder Scrolls lineage. Outer Worlds was fun, but it felt anachronistic. If Starfield can take the essence of those Bethesda RPGs but package it in a decidedly modern game, I'll be over the moon.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 5:09 AM, SaysWho? said:

I've even made bets about it, and I don't bet unless I know I'm willing to bet.

 

Bold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I would be very surprised if we go from never having seen so much as a screenshot to the game actually releasing this year. I'm sure MS wants it to, but it just seems dubious to me.

 

Xbox exclusivity on the other hand seems very plausible. It's probably the biggest game under the whole Bethesda umbrella that MS can use to boost their platform, it would be pretty strange if they put it out on the PS5.


I would say:

 

1. It’s not unlike Bethesda to release games with very little to no footage or screens out there until right before launch (exactly what they did with Fallout 4). I am skeptical it will come out this year, but not for this reason. 
 

2. I think exclusivity depends entirely on prior agreements. If MS isn’t beholden to a prior contract, it’ll be an exclusive, but given the development time, gun to

my head, I bet it’ll be multiplatform. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is it supposed to be a 3rd Person game primarily?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

From Bethesda, they're better off sticking with fp view because their 3rd person controls are straight up garbage in their previous titles. Unless they hired an actual team to specifically work on that. I prefer 3rd person so I would be happy it were. Maybe give the option for both but this time quality 3rd person to go along with the fp.

 

I just don't see this coming out this year. Covid has fucked so many things up and I will give them a pass if it's released later next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, best3444 said:

 

From Bethesda, they're better off sticking with fp view because their 3rd person controls are straight up garbage in their previous titles. Unless they hired an actual team to specifically work on that. I prefer 3rd person so I would be happy it were. Maybe give the option for both but this time quality 3rd person to go along with the fp.

 

I just don't see this coming out this year. Covid has fucked so many things up and I will give them a pass if it's released later next year.

Is there an example of a toggleable first person to their person game tho? 
 

I think it’s less about Bethesda sucking at third person controls and more about they made a first person game and wanted people to have the option for third person to see their character (but never gave a shit about making that super fun to play).

 

Like maybe the new Battlefront games were OK at switching between but I’m blanking on any others. I reserve the right to be a moron about this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Is there an example of a toggleable first person to their person game tho? 
 

I think it’s less about Bethesda sucking at third person controls and more about they made a first person game and wanted people to have the option for third person to see their character (but never gave a shit about making that super fun to play).

 

Like maybe the new Battlefront games were OK at switching between but I’m blanking on any others. I reserve the right to be a moron about this. 

 

I think Rockstar offers toggling for GTAV and RDR2, and I think they actually do a good job at it.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

 

I think Rockstar offers toggling for GTAV and RDR2, and I think they actually do a good job at it.

 

Yup. Playing RD2 in fp is completely doable because it's executed very well. However, I'm now at the point where I really prefer 3rd person games now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

 

Yup. Playing RD2 in fp is completely doable because it's executed very well. However, I'm now at the point where I really prefer 3rd person games now.

 

Also, from what I understand, unlike an ES game that controls well in first person but not in 3rd (according to you), RDR2 plays terribly in both perspectives!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Also, from what I understand, unlike an ES game that controls well in first person but not in 3rd (according to you), RDR2 plays terribly in both perspectives!

 

That's your opinion. I loved the realistic movements that Arthur had. The entire game was so incredibly fun for me.

 

:shrug:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

It's not my opinion it's other people's opinions.

I've never played it!

 

Do you even play games? 😆 

 

It seems you watch others play and never actually post impressions of you playing. 

 

For instance, most recently village. Your comments in the thread came off that you were playing it. But nope.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

 

I think Rockstar offers toggling for GTAV and RDR2, and I think they actually do a good job at it.

 

I did like GTA's. Didn't like RDR's but I think that game didn't control well to start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, best3444 said:

 

That's your opinion. I loved the realistic movements that Arthur had. The entire game was so incredibly fun for me.

 

:shrug:

Same here... like a lot of things, RDR2 controlling badly is and overstated opinion that somehow just became fact. It controls differently sure, but once you get used to it, it plays fine just like any other game that uses an uncoventional control scheme. A minority of gamers whined about it and the sheep just followed along... most having never even touched the game. I remember talking about the game with my ex' brother in law and he was telling me how badly the game controlled even though he had never played it and didn't realize that I had been playing it and was almost done.

 

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

 

I think Rockstar offers toggling for GTAV and RDR2, and I think they actually do a good job at it.

Rockstar might be the best example of this to be honest. And first person mode was PATCHED into GTAV and it plays like the game was designed that way. I woant to do a fully first person run at some point. Driving is kinda tough in first person to be honest though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, best3444 said:

It seems you watch others play and never actually post impressions of you playing.

 

I guess you missed me playing the games in the Genshin, Outriders and MLB the show thread. Plus I play dota all the time as well. I have TOO much to play. But thanks for your concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

I guess you missed me playing the games in the Genshin, Outriders and MLB the show thread. Plus I play dota all the time as well. I have TOO much to play. But thanks for your concern.

 

You're very welcome 🙏 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield (Armistice/Remembrance/Veterans Day 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Official Teaser Trailer"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...