Defense rests in the Derek Chauvin case (UPDATE: Guilty on all charges) (2ND UPDATE: 22 1/2 years in prison)

1 minute ago, ort said:

It is 100% and I have no idea. I'm trying to force myself to stop.

I think I just like to have an idea of how these people think... and the Fox News comment section is almost like a glimpse into the raw exposed Id of the modern conservative.

But no, it only makes me more bitter and angry and I need to stop... I just... can't... I don't know what's wrong with me...

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, ort said:

It is 100% and I have no idea. I'm trying to force myself to stop.

I think I just like to have an idea of how these people think... and the Fox News comment section is almost like a glimpse into the raw exposed Id of the modern conservative.

But no, it only makes me more bitter and angry and I need to stop... I just... can't... I don't know what's wrong with me...

You really should stop... there's no point. I have a friend who always tells me what's going on on Fox News and I have to constantly tell him I don't give a shit :p I don't need to know what they're thinking and saying because it's not that hard to imagine really.

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

None of this feels good. 

Its certainly not something to be celebrated. I mean, its undoubtedly a good thing he was convicted, but it always rubs me the wrong way when people treat this like their team winning the Super Bowl.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

You think there will still be riots?

I think there will be celebrations in the street and police violence against even that because their feels are hurt.

10 minutes ago, Chris- said:

No, I just find little reason to celebrate the news. I’m glad there was accountability, but that doesn’t make the misery tolerable. 

I'm more in the "breathe a sigh of relief"camp than celebratory. If we had a hung jury, acquittal, or mistrial, shit was about to burn. Portland was already on edge after a cop shot a homeless guy a few days ago

Just now, Brick said:

If Trump were still president he'd probably pardon him at some point. 

Not that it would stop him from trying, but POTUS can’t pardon state crimes :p 

5 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Can't pardon a state crime.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not that it would stop him from trying, but POTUS can’t pardon state crimes :p 

Oh. Well I suppose that's a relief if he wins in 2024...