Fellas, what's the best condom for feel IYO?

Brick

32 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

So, just going off half remembered, decade old information but has Biggie actually had sex? Not saying in a malicious way, but for some reason I remember something about being a Christian, waiting for marriage etc

Or was that made up/am I misremembering?

He has had sex, just not in the way you and I usually think of it as being.

14 hours ago, Rachel said:

that sound like a crock of bullshit (the second paragraph)

48 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol right? I was reading it all normally because it’s from Brick and I don’t expect a bunch of bs so I got to the end of it and it took me a minute until I was like wait what did I read.

It also reminds me of like a long round about way of getting into the women can’t think for themselves and are controlled by their hormones kind of misogynistic thought. I know obviously that isn’t something Brick meant to do ofc.

No it's actually true. A lot of our feelings in everyday life are really dictated by our evolution and hormones on a subconscious level. That's not to say it absolutely controls your thoughts and behaviours, and people who were once in love were just imagining things, no, but it can be an underlying thing that has an affect.

A cluster of chromosomes called major histocompatibility complex, or MHC, controls part of your immune system, and it is one of the most influential aspects of a partner that your body judges. MHC controls your ability to fight off infection, and breeding with someone whose MHC is too similar to your own means the pregnancy is less likely to take, whereas someone whose MHC is different means a more diverse immune system for the child. Psychology Today has an article saying that scent of MHC might be the second most important factor in determining how attractive a woman finds a potential mate, and MHC is present in both pheromones and saliva, so to detect whether a partner is suitable, kissing is a great way to not only smell the MHC due to the close proximity, but also taste it because of the exchange of saliva. Again this is all done subconsciously; you're not knowingly sniffing your partner, and taking a shot of their saliva, swishing it around in your mouth like an aged whiskey going, "ah yes, you would make a suitable mate", and if you are doing that your date is already 10 kilometres running away in the other direction, you weirdo.

How does the birth control pill play into this? Well the pill tricks the body into thinking it's pregnant, and when the body thinks it is pregnant it undergoes a lot of changes in hormones, including with MHC. From an evolutionary perspective, when women are pregnant the body will want them to be more around family members, i.e. people with similar MHC to them, both for safety from our hunter-gatherer days to avoid predators while the woman is more vulnerable, but also to discourage mating. Well since the pill tricks the body into thinking it is pregnant, and the change affects what kind of MHC the body finds compatible, women will become attracted to men with similar MHC to theirs, then when they go off the pill, and have a baby, it's too late. Whereas if they weren't on the pill, they would have been looking for someone with a mate with different MHC.

Again this is not to be taken that logic and reason will always be overruled by hormones, and your lucid thoughts on someone will always get tricked. Other factors still play an important role in whether or not you find attraction to someone, like common interests, physical appearance, humour, etc. It's not like you're going to fall in love with someone that you find boring and unattractive just because their MHC is compatible, but it can change the perception of someone who does tick all the boxes from wanting to be their lover, to just wanting to be their friend in some cases. I'm sure a lot of people have that one friend that would seem to be a great match for them, and their other friends ask why don't they date, but they say, "oh I think of them as a brother/sister", and this could be a reason why; their body is subconsciously telling them that the other person is not compatible for offspring.

Here is another piece about it.

Only time I wrapped up was after the first kid was born as my wife decided she didn’t want to go back on BC and I was all for it and then same thing after second kid, but she got her tubes tied while they had the hood up during the c-section for baby #3. So a good 10 years since I’ve even thought about rubbers.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

No it's actually true. A lot of our feelings in everyday life are really dictated by our evolution and hormones on a subconscious level. That's not to say it absolutely controls your thoughts and behaviours, and people who were once in love were just imagining things, no, but it can be an underlying thing that has an affect.

A cluster of chromosomes called major histocompatibility complex, or MHC, controls part of your immune system, and it is one of the most influential aspects of a partner that your body judges. MHC controls your ability to fight off infection, and breeding with someone whose MHC is too similar to your own means the pregnancy is less likely to take, whereas someone whose MHC is different means a more diverse immune system for the child. Psychology Today has an article saying that scent of MHC might be the second most important factor in determining how attractive a woman finds a potential mate, and MHC is present in both pheromones and saliva, so to detect whether a partner is suitable, kissing is a great way to not only smell the MHC due to the close proximity, but also taste it because of the exchange of saliva. Again this is all done subconsciously; you're not knowingly sniffing your partner, and taking a shot of their saliva, swishing it around in your mouth like an aged whiskey going, "ah yes, you would make a suitable mate", and if you are doing that your date is already 10 kilometres running away in the other direction, you weirdo.

How does the birth control pill play into this? Well the pill tricks the body into thinking it's pregnant, and when the body thinks it is pregnant it undergoes a lot of changes in hormones, including with MHC. From an evolutionary perspective, when women are pregnant the body will want them to be more around family members, i.e. people with similar MHC to them, both for safety from our hunter-gatherer days to avoid predators while the woman is more vulnerable, but also to discourage mating. Well since the pill tricks the body into thinking it is pregnant, and the change affects what kind of MHC the body finds compatible, women will become attracted to men with similar MHC to theirs, then when they go off the pill, and have a baby, it's too late. Whereas if they weren't on the pill, they would have been looking for someone with a mate with different MHC.

Again this is not to be taken that logic and reason will always be overruled by hormones, and your lucid thoughts on someone will always get tricked. Other factors still play an important role in whether or not you find attraction to someone, like common interests, physical appearance, humour, etc. It's not like you're going to fall in love with someone that you find boring and unattractive just because their MHC is compatible, but it can change the perception of someone who does tick all the boxes from wanting to be their lover, to just wanting to be their friend in some cases. I'm sure a lot of people have that one friend that would seem to be a great match for them, and their other friends ask why don't they date, but they say, "oh I think of them as a brother/sister", and this could be a reason why; their body is subconsciously telling them that the other person is not compatible for offspring.

Here is another piece about it.

You’ve obviously researched this way more than I care to in order to go further in this so I’m just assuming everything you said is right! I just don’t think it has as much of an impact to cause divorce rates rising more so than say being able to get a divorce without social stigma now.

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

You’ve obviously researched this way more than I care to in order to go further in this so I’m just assuming everything you said is right! I just don’t think it has as much of an impact to cause divorce rates rising more so than say being able to get a divorce without social stigma now.

Which is why I said one of the reasons, as there are multiple reasons, and the social stigma being lessened is of course one of them. Another reason for divorces that theorized is living together before deciding to get married. :peace:

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

A sheep.

Not "sheepskin", but an actual sheep!

What are you, Welsh?! 

I once remember reading that women is turned on to your pheromones when you sweat so I always went light on the deodorant. After my third date with my eventual wife, she gave me a stick of deodorant as a gift and told me to apply generously.  #10yearsandcounting

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I once remember reading that women is turned on to your pheromones when you sweat so I always went light on the deodorant. After my third date with my eventual wife, she gave me a stick of deodorant as a gift and told me to apply generously.  #10yearsandcounting

You got that from all the Eurotrash soccer you watch

19 minutes ago, Rachel said:

the pill does not trick the body into being pregnant 

check your sources bruh I think they be perpetuating misinformation and also exaggerations 

It tricks it into thinking it's pregnant, not into being pregnant. It's a very simple way of explaining it, but that's essentially what it does; it releases hormones that mimic what the body does when it is actually pregnant. "There is some truth to the idea that birth control pills trick your body into thinking you're pregnant," said Dr. Vanessa Cullins, Planned Parenthood's vice president of external medical affairs.

And don't call me "bruh".

1 hour ago, Brick said:

It tricks it into thinking it's pregnant, not into being pregnant. It's a very simple way of explaining it, but that's essentially what it does; it releases hormones that mimic what the body does when it is actually pregnant. "There is some truth to the idea that birth control pills trick your body into thinking you're pregnant," said Dr. Vanessa Cullins, Planned Parenthood's vice president of external medical affairs.

And don't call me "bruh".

CANADIAN FIGHT CANADIAN FIGHT CANADIAN FIGHT

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rachel said:

I corrected my post well before you replied. Not sure how you didn’t see the updated version. It was a typo. 

And again, your sources and the way you’re using them are trash. Birth control doesn’t trick the body into thinking it’s pregnant. Sure some sources are like “eh, kinda sorta I guess but not exactly” but that’s as close as it gets BRUH. 

I was typing my response when my girlfriend called, so I stopped while I talked to her, and you obviously edited in that time. 

Are you really going to get hung up on the semantics of "yeah basically that's how it works"? 

4 hours ago, Rachel said:

Yeah I saw the typo shortly after and went back to update. 

It’s more than just semantics, it’s inaccurate. 

Fine it's an inaccurate saying that's become common because it's convenient explanation even if it's a gross oversimplification. Doesn't disprove the whole thing of how it interacts with other hormones. 

Anyway, back to condoms, please continue to tell me your guys' favourite ones so that I can pick out a few next time I'm shopping, and the lady and I can experiment. 

I mean I have a box of Trojan Ultra Ribbed Ecstasy condoms next to me in my drawer. On the box it reads "Feels like nothing's There". For condoms, these felt pretty good because it features ultrasmooth lubricant. 

I used a handful of these and they were fine. So that's a recommendation for you. :)

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Did you look into the condoms I recommended for you? I think you'll really like them. 

Not yet but I'll be on the lookout for them when I'm shopping. Hopefully they come in the correct size (I find 53mm too tight, and most condoms are that size). 

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

Have you tried magnums or xl’s? Regular condoms when they don’t break are way too tight to feel anything at all if you have a big dick so that could be your issue.

Yeah I have magnums. They fit better, but still I don't really feel anything. Like I said in the OP I even bought some from a UK company called They Fit condoms where you can input your measurements (the US branch is called My One if you want to check them out. I had to use the UK site because the American doesn't ship to Canada), but even then, while they fit well, I didn't really feel anything, leading me to believe I might need to start using thinner condoms for a closer feel.