Afghanistan Update: Islamic State claims responsibility for multiple bombings over last two days, including two Shia mosques

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Afghanistan Update: US officially admits that its last drone strike only killed innocent civilians

God damnit 

2129bee2-77ea-4642-8a01-e7cf2289e004-lar
KFOXTV.COM

Officials with Fort Bliss said a female soldier was assaulted by a group of Afghan refugees who are being housed at the Doña Ana Complex in New Mexico. The female soldier was allegedly assaulted on September 19. Fort Bliss officials said theFederal Bureau of Investigation is investigating the case. Fort Bliss provided the following statement: We can confirm a female service member supporting Operation Allies Welcome reported being...

• Guillotine 2

210916115419-20210915-taliban-lgbtq-esca
WWW.CNN.COM

LGBTQ people in Afghanistan who spoke to CNN say they need help to escape Taliban fighters before they are discovered and forced to face the new regime's brutal laws.

As soon as the Taliban recaptured Kabul in August, Balkhi and her family went into hiding. The names of Balkhi and five other LGBTQ people inside Afghanistan who spoke to CNN for this story have been changed for safety reasons -- Balkhi chose to use the name of a famous female Afghan poet who she considered "brave" and a "hero."

The 20-year-old university student is one of hundreds of LGBTQ people in Afghanistan who are urging advocates outside the country to help them escape the Taliban regime. Two LGBTQ activists outside of Afghanistan told CNN they had separate lists each with hundreds of names of people who want to flee.

"The situation gets worse every day ... fear of arrest is part of life now and I have such stress that I can't even sleep," Balkhi told CNN by text message from an undisclosed location.

It's not clear yet how severely the Taliban will enforce its strict religious laws against Afghanistan's LGBTQ citizens. No official statement has been made, but in an interview with Germany's Bild newspaper in July, one Taliban judge said there were only two punishments for homosexuality -- stoning or being crushed under a wall.

In response to a request for comment, a Taliban spokesman told CNN they had no official plans for their LGBTQ population yet. "When there is anything I will keep you updated," he said.

• Sad 1

1200.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Taliban deny Morteza Samadi, 21, has been sentenced to death but family concerned for his safety after he was detained while covering women’s protests in Herat

Fears are growing for a photojournalist who has been detained by the Taliban for more than three weeks after being arrested while covering the women’s protests in Herat.

Morteza Samadi, 21, a freelance photographer, was one of several journalists who were arrested at street protests at the beginning of September. All were quickly released except

Morteza, whose whereabouts is not known. Some of those detained in Kabul have alleged they were badly beaten and tortured.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Afghanistan Update: The Taliban are still the same degenerates they always have been
1031.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Diplomats visit Kabul to raise issue of ‘safe passage’ for Britons leaving Afghanistan and rights of women

British officials have gone to Afghanistan for the first time since the country fell to the Taliban, meeting the group’s senior leaders in Kabul to discuss the humanitarian crisis and safe return of British citizens.

It marked the first open contact between the Taliban and western officials since the capture of the country in August.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Afghanistan Update: UK officials travel to Kabul for first Western government meeting with new Taliban regime

BBC News - Afghanistan: Deadly attack hits Kunduz mosque during Friday prayers

_120996091_gettyimages-1235763490-1.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A bomber hits a mosque used by minority Shia Muslims in the deadliest attack since US forces left.

A suicide bomb attack on a mosque in the Afghan city of Kunduz has killed at least 50 people, officials say, in the deadliest assault since US forces left.

Images on social media showed bodies and debris inside the mosque, used by the minority Shia Muslim community.

More than 100 people were injured in the blast in the northern city.

No group has said it was behind the attack, but Sunni Muslim extremists, including a local Islamic State group, have targeted the Shia community.

They consider Shia Muslims to be heretics.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Afghanistan Update: suspected IS-K suicide bombing kills at least 50 at Shia mosque
_121095125_1_kandahar_15_october_getty.j
WWW.BBC.COM

Three blasts at a Shia mosque in Kandahar kill at least 37 people during Friday worship.

At least 37 people are dead and 70 more injured after three explosions tore through a Shia mosque during Friday prayers in the Afghan city of Kandahar.

Pictures from inside the Bibi Fatima mosque show shattered windows and bodies lying on the ground, while other worshippers try to help.

The BBC has been told it was a suicide bombing.

A local reporter quoted by Reuters news agency said eyewitnesses described three suicide attackers.

• Sad 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Afghanistan Update: suspected IS-K suicide bombing kills at least 37 at Shia mosque
58 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’ve never gotten the whole, “these dum dums can’t find X on a map,” gotchas. I feel like people would do even worse on, “what part of your body is this muscle in,” trivia, and that stuff is inside you. Who cares?

People love to feel superior to other people. That's always been the case.

I have lots of students in government classes that can't point to a lot of countries on a map, but rather than shame them, I prefer to teach them as to why these areas are important to them and their lives. And sometimes, nothing you do or say will make a student care one iota about a place that's located across the planet. Historically, this has always been the case, where people only care about things that immediately affect them. And often, they don't have a clue how something might affect them, even when that thing could be the reason for their life and death.

Part of me blame our cell phone environment, where people think that having a smart phone is a replacement for knowledge. I've had students who google something during a lecture and spout it off as if they knew the answer right then and there. And then I'll ask them a follow-up question that doesn't allow them to fill in the blank with google trivia, and they immediately realize they have no idea how to even answer the question. That's where much of our world is these days. We think we're more intelligent because our technology is better; we're anything but that.

• 2 weeks later...

A fantasy of mine would be to find one of those people trying to do the "gotcha!" geography challenges in times square or wherever they do it, challenging the interviewer (who is basically pretending they're smart), to a country-name-off.

Hint-Hint: I can get almost every country. The only things I mix up is I can never differentiate Honduras and Guatemala for some reason, and hardly anyone can ever remember every single Caribbean or Pacific country. I always forget like Vanuatu or whatever. Or I can't remember whether the Marshall Islands are a country or not.

I take it personally because I never graduated high school. The whole "gotcha, look how stupid people are!" is a pandering, lazy, nincompoopian, rusty butt fuck of a gag that I wish would die. The only thing that gives me comfort is that I believe in my heart of hearts that there are actually plenty of people that fucking own the interviewer every time they do it, but they don't make the edit.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:59 AM, Kal-El814 said:

I’ve never gotten the whole, “these dum dums can’t find X on a map,” gotchas. I feel like people would do even worse on, “what part of your body is this muscle in,” trivia, and that stuff is inside you. Who cares?

In general you are correct but an exception should be made for anyone supporting combat operations in a foreign theater.

If you support the bombing of a country and putting its civilians’ lives at risk, along with the lives of our troops, and you can’t even find it on a goddamn map, you deserve to be publicly shamed, preferably to tears.

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

In general you are correct but an exception should be made for anyone supporting combat operations in a foreign theater.

If you support the bombing of a country and putting its civilians’ lives at risk, along with the lives of our troops, and you can’t even find it on a goddamn map, you deserve to be publicly shamed, preferably to tears.

I agree the handful of people who decide if we should go to war should know where that country is.