Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (20 Apr 2024) - US House passes military aid bill for Ukraine

8 minutes ago, CayceG said:

These demands are all non-starters and the Russians know it. I would guess these demands (which are more hardline than the ones a couple weeks ago!) are intended to be such to give Russia an out because "the West refuses to negotiate."

That's absolutely what they are.

The Kremlin fully well knows that they won't even be remotely taken seriously and they were never intended to be.

5 minutes ago, CayceG said:

unknown.png

This is me being paranoid, but I can't help but wonder if this is Russia's doing in order to stop the spread of open source information on a major platform.

You're being paranoid :p

Moscow absolutely doesn't give a damn who sees/reports on their military preparations.  In fact, the Kremlin is probably counting on that to ratchet up the fear level.

I'm sure that Blinken was sincere and wanted this to be akin to Adlai Stevenson's "Don't Wait for the Translation" moment at the UNSC during the Cuban Missile Crisis, but the fact of the matter is that THIS moment is far more indicative of the perception of the United States and its credibility in 2022:

14261aa5-3a6f-4f52-af5e-8dc94058fb93.jpe

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

Sounds like the perfect time for Santa Claus and his elf army to invade Russia from the north.

I suppose this does show how small Russia's conventional military is.  They probably couldn't fight a two front war - but then again, most countries probably couldn't, aside from the US and maybe China.  

In this day and age, the size of a military beyond a certain point is largely an irrelevant -- and often times, completely misleading -- metric by which to judge the overall scope of its warfighting capabilities.

Warfare in the 21st century is largely about BVR capabilities and maneuver warfare, which if anything a large military is an antithetical to.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Russia has decided that this weekend would be a fantastic opportunity to conduct a large-scale nuclear forces exercise from the Arctic to the Mediterranean.

Typically, their large scale military exercises conclude with nuclear force drills. 

On another note, Putin be like:

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Russia vs Ukraine | UPDATE - Russia declares Ukraine committing genocide