Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (16 Apr 2024) - Ukraine "ran out of missiles" around Kyiv, which allowed Russia to destroy major power plant

Had you not said that, I wouldn't have known what that meant. 

It's clear this admin is doing nothing more than virtue signaling against Russian aggression here. There will be no help for Ukraine. There will be no defense of Ukraine from places that aren't Ukraine. 

Here's a rundown of the Russian units poised for action:

Slide%2006_0.jpg?UUBfXnVGHpBNQMjmvbylHXn
WWW.CSIS.ORG

Download the Brief The Issue Russia is pursuing a dual approach in Ukraine, combining a major buildup of conventional forces with clandestine irregular activities. According to new CSIS analysis and

CSIS1.jpg

There's quite a few Russian ground units angled pretty close to Kyiv, unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

Had you not said that, I wouldn't have known what that meant. 

It's clear this admin is doing nothing more than virtue signaling against Russian aggression here. There will be no help for Ukraine. There will be no defense of Ukraine from places that aren't Ukraine. 

Here's a rundown of the Russian units poised for action:

Slide%2006_0.jpg?UUBfXnVGHpBNQMjmvbylHXn
WWW.CSIS.ORG

Download the Brief The Issue Russia is pursuing a dual approach in Ukraine, combining a major buildup of conventional forces with clandestine irregular activities. According to new CSIS analysis and

CSIS1.jpg

There's quite a few Russian ground units angled pretty close to Kyiv, unfortunately. 

My assumption going into this was that Russia's goal was to carve out an eastern Ukrainian state, Belorus-style. Now...I'm leaning more towards complete invasion followed by a puppet government.

53 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My assumption going into this was that Russia's goal was to carve out an eastern Ukrainian state, Belorus-style. Now...I'm leaning more towards complete invasion followed by a puppet government.

I just don't see how thats gonna work without them having a constant military presence and dealing with insurgancy. IMO it would be a big mistake. 

This should give us a timetable for potential Russian military action as I believe blood supplies have a shelf life of 45 days:

XI46LVH6W5NKBGEYP76CNCURUA.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Russia's military buildup near Ukraine has expanded to include supplies of blood along with other medical materials that would allow it to treat casualties, in yet another key indicator of Moscow's military readiness, three U.S. officials tell Reuters.

Russia's military buildup near Ukraine has expanded to include supplies of blood along with other medical materials that would allow it to treat casualties, in yet another key indicator of Moscow's military readiness, three U.S. officials tell Reuters.

Current and former U.S. officials say concrete indicators -- like blood supplies -- are critical in determining whether Moscow would be prepared to carry out an invasion, if Russian President Vladimir Putin decided to do so.

One of Final Fantasy 14's most prominent streamers has spoken about her plans to flee Ukraine in the wake of a potential invasion from Russia.

Zepla originally hails from Louisiana in the United States but has been living in Ukraine for around eight years, currently residing in Kyiv. She's been streaming all things Final Fantasy 14 for the past five years, garnering 300,000 subscribers on her main YouTube channel and 200,000 followers on Twitch. She's a wonderfully wholesome content creator, usually providing tips for newer players or gushing about her love for Viera, one of the game's playable races. But the end of January saw her tackle a more serious topic—the impending danger for those living in Kyiv, and the fact she would likely need to leave very soon.

"There may come a day soon where I may need to reach out to the community for help," she addressed her viewers during one of her regular streams. She went into details about the increasing number of Russian troops along the Ukrainian border, and the increasing tensions between the two countries.

20 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

One thing I'm wondering is how well will video and information flow if Russia goes in? Are we going to see Instagram Lives of Ukrainian troops getting routed by Russian BTGs or will the EW shut down basically everything?

I actually believe that the Russians will WANT the world to see what they're capable of.

4673.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

More than 3,000 troops headed to Germany, Poland and Romania after talks between Washington and Moscow failed to ease tensions

Joe Biden will deploy more than 3,000 US troops in Germany, Poland, and Romania, as Russia continues to build up its forces around Ukraine, and after talks between Washington and Moscow failed to bring any breakthrough or easing of tensions.

The US is sending 1,700 troops from the 82nd Airborne division to Poland, a headquarters unit of about 300 from the 18th Airborne Corps will move to Germany, and a 1,000-strong army armoured unit is being transferred from Germany to Romania.

7 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This is in addition to a growing force of landing ships as well as missile ships in the Mediterranean. 

I'm beginning to really think this might just happen...

What would happen if Turkey cut off Russia's access to the Black Sea?  Not that it would necessarily affect what Russia plans to do in Ukraine, but it would prevent the Russian naval fleet from entering and exiting the Black Sea.

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

What would happen if Turkey cut off Russia's access to the Black Sea?  Not that it would necessarily affect what Russia plans to do in Ukraine, but it would prevent the Russian naval fleet from entering and exiting the Black Sea.

Russia has missile ships in the Black Sea already--they're based there. And they don't need to launch a marine landing anywhere. 

And the distance from the Eastern Med to Kyiv is about 2,000 km--which is within the range of Russia's land attack cruise missiles. 

It wouldn't mean much!

26 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Russia has missile ships in the Black Sea already--they're based there. And they don't need to launch a marine landing anywhere. 

And the distance from the Eastern Med to Kyiv is about 2,000 km--which is within the range of Russia's land attack cruise missiles. 

It wouldn't mean much!

Yeah you're probably right.  Playing around in Google Maps, Kiev is less than 1000 km from Kaliningrad too, and I'm assuming Russia has naval forces with the ability to strike into Ukraine located there. 

14 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Yeah you're probably right.  Playing around in Google Maps, Kiev is less than 1000 km from Kaliningrad too, and I'm assuming Russia has naval forces with the ability to strike into Ukraine located there. 

It doesn't matter that much because they have SRBMs in Belarus. They don't really need much more outside of troops to man all these tanks. 

MON DIEU!  SACRE BLEU!  I AM TOTALLY SHOCKED AT THIS TURN OF EVENTS!

3169.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

French president says both sides need to work quickly after five-hour session at the Kremlin

Emmanuel Macron and Vladimir Putin did not appear to reach a breakthrough in marathon talks at the Kremlin on Monday evening aimed at fending off a Russian attack on Ukraine.

After five hours of negotiations, Macron warned that the two sides needed to work quickly to avoid the risk of an escalation.

“Right now the tension is increasing and the risk of destabilisation is increasing,” Macron said, according to a simultaneous translation of his remarks following the talks. “Neither Russia, nor the Europeans want chaos or instability, when nations have already suffered from the [coronavirus] epidemic. So we need to agree on concrete measures.”

There were some signs of progress from the talks, which were held over a seven-course dinner that included rebo and chardonnay from a Russian winery

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO - they TOTALLY DIDN'T discuss a goddamned thing about Ukraine :rofl:

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to ~*Official "Who Really Gives A Damn About Ukraine?" Thread*~ - update: US officials believe Putin has authorized the invasion to begin next week

I still really don't believe the incursion will have the objective of seizing/occupying Kyiv.

It'll be focused on the complete and total Russian military occupation of the eastern provinces, but significant forces will be kept in their staging areas to keep the pressure on the Ukrainian government with the threat of an advance to Kyiv.