The Day Before - update (02/01): "Inside The Day Before" - investigative documentary from two German gaming sites (with English subtitles)

best3444

If this has been posted I apologize and please delete. I only ran into this vid now and thought I'd share. It seems like it's only going to be released on PC for now but there's a possibility for PS5 and XSX release at some point.

"Welcome to The Day Before, an open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America overrun by flesh-hungry infected and survivors killing each other for food, weapons, and cars. You wake up alone in a world you no longer remember, setting out to find answers and the resources to survive".

It looks very impressive imo:

Official Website:

WWW.DAYBEFOREGAME.COM

The Day Before is an open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America.

Steam Store Page:

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1618144464
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

The Day Before is an open-world MMO survival set in a deadly, post-pandemic America overrun by flesh-hungry infected and survivors killing each other for food, weapons, and cars. You wake up alone in a world you no longer remember, setting out to find answers and the resources to survive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

Not a fan of bullet sponge zombies.  It's taking avg 20rds for him to take one down.

Yep. I took notice of that immediately and didn't like it. Everything else was pretty damn good, though. Maybe they will fix that...who knows.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica) - 13 minutes of gameplay footage
On 4/11/2021 at 3:20 PM, eggydoo said:

Not a fan of bullet sponge zombies.  It's taking avg 20rds for him to take one down.

I mean, it looks like a headshot 1 shotted most of them.  And it looked like 5-10 rounds to the body for most to start going down.  From what I saw, I definitely didn't see "Bullet Sponge".

Looks pretty cool, although I might wait until they get to the fourth installment in the series since I loved The Day After Tomorrow.  It looked less like bullet sponge zombies than a presenter who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

10 hours ago, Moa said:

Looks pretty cool, although I might wait until they get to the fourth installment in the series since I loved The Day After Tomorrow.  It looked less like bullet sponge zombies than a presenter who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

I think it was a combination of poor shooting and bullet sponge zombies. The  zombies seem to take too many bullets to take down at its current state. Just my opinion 🤷 

• 6 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica) - update: new gameplay trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica, 21 June 2022) - update: "Developer Event" and "Official Release Date" trailers
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica, 21 June 2024) - update: "Developer Event" and "Official Release Date" trailers
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica, 21 June 2022) - update: "Developer Event" and "Official Release Date" trailers
  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I guess that's ok. Kinda ridiculous how long it took them to release a new game. If it turns out like another Fallout 76 I am COMPLETELY done with Bethesda. 

After the last couple of years, I have little confidence in the great development houses of the past. Time and time again the hype has resulted in disappointment. For me, From Software is really the only dev consistently producing the kind of games I enjoy the most.  

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

After the last couple of years, I have little confidence in the great development houses of the past. Time and time again the hype has resulted in disappointment. For me, From Software is really the only dev consistently producing the kind of games I enjoy the most.  

You've given up on Digital Extremes?

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica, 10 November 2023?) - update: release delayed to November 2023 due to "trademark dispute"

It's the second most-wishlisted game on Steam and next-to-nothing is known about it.

9CRsB6uxBSkcyKgm8HsP3m-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Why is everyone so excited about The Day Before?

The game's Steam Store page now longer exists and the lead mod of the game's Discord server just publicly wondered if the game is even "real".

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Day Before (open-world survival MMO set in zombified post-pandemic 'Murica, 10 November 2023?) - update: release delayed to November 2023 due to "bizarre trademark dispute"
45 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Here is the record of Sergey Titov, one of the developers:

• Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
  • Big Buck Trophy Hunt
  • Gettysburg: Civil War Battles
  • WarZ
  • Infestation: Survival Stories
  • Romero's Aftermath
  • Wild West Online
  • Shattered Skies
  • Last Man Standing

lol oh god. I remember WarZ's launch...hundreds of players on maps with NO zombies, and only flashlights and food, and just constant crashes. It got better after a while...but I regret buying early access. Those were the heady days of DayZ mod where this kind of battle-royal-style survival shooter seemed the future.

Uh-huh.  Sure.

day-beforeeventblog-1634126369094-165174
WWW.IGN.COM

The Day Before developer Fntastic has said it was planning a delay even before a trademark dispute pushed the game back eight months.

The Day Before developer Fntastic has said it was planning a delay even before a trademark dispute pushed the game back eight months.

Speaking to IGN, Fntastic co-founders Eduard and Aisen Gotovtsev decried any allegations of scamming after several The Day Before community members grew concerned that the game was delayed for so long just a few weeks ahead of its planned launch date on March 1.

Fntastic released a statement on January 25 (below) claiming that a trademark dispute had forced the delay of both the game and its first major gameplay trailer in over a year.

"We planned to move the game's release before and plan to announce it with [publisher] Mytona in a 10-minute gameplay video," Fntastic told IGN. "And then you all know what happened. So to be on the safe side, to ensure there are no more transfers, we, along with the publisher, chose November 10. That is a safe date, given the trademark dispute."

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO @ these quotes!

"The storm will calm down eventually, and time will put everything in its place. When the game comes out, people will finally see the truth," it said. "But while we're here, we're grateful for such a fantastic journey and for you being with us."

"We made a real inner breakthrough when we decided to go for big challenges from the bottom—so big that some people would consider them impossible.

"Making a fantastic journey from the very ends of the earth, we feel like that simple guy from 90s action movies. You probably remember him as the hero who breaks through the veil of disbelief when no one believes in him, but he finds the inner strength to win and prove to everyone what he is worth in the

"We only believe in the final product. No matter what anyone says, you'll see for yourself on November 10 this year. We hope that after the game's success, we'll give people faith that in this life, if you persevere toward a dream, it will come true, despite all the obstacles and doubts."

• Haha 1

Hold the phone - we've got a new update in this ongoing saga (which is sure to be VASTLY more entertaining than the game itself...should it even exist):

A reveal of "raw gameplay footage" from The Day Before that was planned for January was scrapped at the last minute because of a trademark dispute(opens in new tab) that also purportedly forced a lengthy launch delay. But now the show may be back on, and coming very soon: Levitate, a head moderator of The Day Before Discord(opens in new tab), announced today that a gameplay revealiew will take place on February 2.

"Get ready to immerse yourself in a world of pure hype, as we unveil a 10-minute gameplay extravaganza, on our YouTube channel," Levitate wrote. "Tune in tomorrow, for an experience like no other. Trust us, this is one reveal you won't want to miss! Stay tuned for more updates and information."

Screenshot of the message from Discord:

DuM3thXLjxNEqTgo4wNaYQ-970-80.jpg

I'm SOOOOOO ready to see what the hell this will turn out to be!