What earbuds do you recommend?

Tonight I  lost one of my Jabra Elite 75whatevers. They're black, I dropped one as I was putting it into my ear, it was midnight, I looked for like 15 minutes and never found it. So, uh. yeah, it's gone. Unless it's still there if I walk by there in the morning.

ANYWAY, assuming it's gone forever, what do you use/recommend? I can't fucking stand airpods, they don't sit in my ear very well at all. I've had raycons, they're okay for a cheap alternative, but they're not great.

I hate how blue tooth earbuds have all this shit that I don't care about. I don't need any other functions other than audio. I don't want all this dumb bullshit. It is why I still use wired with an adapter. Shit is more expensive than my 558.

I'm not a big audo dude.  I like to balance value and functionality with decent sound.

For general day-to-day listening I use Skullcandy Sesh.  They are inexpensive and sound good and do all the things I want them to.

For activity I have a pair of Plantronics BackBeats similar to these; they are the only line of buds that I've found that effectively stay in my ears while running/jumping.  Because it sucks to be finally hitting your groove a few miles into a run and a bud pops out and you gotta stop and search for it. 

48 minutes ago, Slug said:

I'm not a big audo dude.  I like to balance value and functionality with decent sound.

For general day-to-day listening I use Skullcandy Sesh.  They are inexpensive and sound good and do all the things I want them to.

You don't care about the sound just if you look cool :p

I have an older version of Beats Flex and I really like them...Sound quality is nice, pairs really easily with my phone/computer. Affordable too. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You don't care about the sound just if you look cool :p

I got 'em for all the lookie-loos who lean in real close and stare into my ears as I'm walking around. :cool:

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Tonight I  lost one of my Jabra Elite 75whatevers. They're black, I dropped one as I was putting it into my ear, it was midnight, I looked for like 15 minutes and never found it. So, uh. yeah, it's gone. Unless it's still there if I walk by there in the morning.

ANYWAY, assuming it's gone forever, what do you use/recommend? I can't fucking stand airpods, they don't sit in my ear very well at all. I've had raycons, they're okay for a cheap alternative, but they're not great.

I have those too. What do you think of them? Quality is amazing, but I find them uncomfortable.

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

I have those too. What do you think of them? Quality is amazing, but I find them uncomfortable.

The Jabras? The sound quality is awesome. I didn't have problems with comfort, but they didn't pair with a couple of my older devices like my chromebook or my bluetooth transmitter. And I basically had to reset them every time I wanted to pair them with my PC. A lovely pain in the ass, basically.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Couldn't you find it by sound? My Samsung Galaxy buds have an option to remotely beep them from the phone, but barring that couldn't you have found it by just blasting some really loud music through it and locate it by sound?

Judging by your post and depending on the battery life of the buds time is probably running out on that as an option if it hasn't already.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

Couldn't you find it by sound? My Samsung Galaxy buds have an option to remotely beep them from the phone, but barring that couldn't you have found it by just blasting some really loud music through it and locate it by sound?

Judging by your post and depending on the battery life of the buds time is probably running out on that as an option if it hasn't already.

I tried the music idea, I couldn't hear anything. I live in the middle of the city, though, so it's not terribly surprising. The Jabras naturally just shut off after about 30 minutes of no input, so the battery actually lasts incredibly long if there's no sound coming through. I've had them out of the case for a like a day and a half before and they still have life left.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:57 AM, Fizzzzle said:

I have some studio-quality recording ear buds but completely forgot the model right now. I'll check when I get home if you're not in a rush to make a purchase. They're great quality and around $110?

• Upvote 1

Last summer, I was fed up with my usual cheap buds and splurged on a pair of Air Pod Pros. I loved them, they worked perfectly, fit in my ears better than any previous Apple buds, and then some time in the last couple weeks I lost them because I can't have nice things. So now I'm back to using some $30 no name garbage buds that are totally fine for my needs.

I realize none of that useful. 

• Haha 1

most major retailers have a clearance section. Find one that has headphones/earbuds. I picked up a $300 set of ote headphones from Target for $80. I'm not suggesting that you will find what you are looking for. It's worth a look though. 

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Last summer, I was fed up with my usual cheap buds and splurged on a pair of Air Pod Pros. I loved them, they worked perfectly, fit in my ears better than any previous Apple buds, and then some time in the last couple weeks I lost them because I can't have nice things. So now I'm back to using some $30 no name garbage buds that are totally fine for my needs.

I realize none of that useful. 

I have been thinking about upgrading to a pair of the Pros.  Worth it? Does The Leon recommend them?

I kinda want to get the pros some day, wish there was a non gross way to try them out. I got new airpods for Christmas as my old first gen ones were finally losing too much battery and was deciding to get pro or not. I ended up going with regular because I just couldn’t tell if the sound isolating and being more IN my ear would work for me well.

What I love about current airpods is I can’t even really feel them whatsoever. I use one airpod at a time usually for work calls and it works fantastic and I’m just not sure how pros would work for that.

• Upvote 1

My jabras had the hear-through thing like airpod pros, but I found that having it on meant I couldn't really listen to either what was out or in. The outside noises sounded garbly and whatever I would listen to would be muddled by the outside noise. So I basically never used it

Jlab Icons

They are under $40, the sound is fine nothing premier but at that price what can you expect. I like them because of the dust and sweat resistance, I use them on job sites and when I work out. 2 weeks ago I dropped one about 20 feet to the concrete and then it bounced between 2 flights of stairs for another 15 feet with no damage. 

14 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Jlab Icons

They are under $40, the sound is fine nothing premier but at that price what can you expect. I like them because of the dust and sweat resistance, I use them on job sites and when I work out. 2 weeks ago I dropped one about 20 feet to the concrete and then it bounced between 2 flights of stairs for another 15 feet with no damage. 

I need that premium sound:feelsrona:

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

I kinda want to get the pros some day, wish there was a non gross way to try them out. I got new airpods for Christmas as my old first gen ones were finally losing too much battery and was deciding to get pro or not. I ended up going with regular because I just couldn’t tell if the sound isolating and being more IN my ear would work for me well.

What I love about current airpods is I can’t even really feel them whatsoever. I use one airpod at a time usually for work calls and it works fantastic and I’m just not sure how pros would work for that.

I want a pair of Pros so bad.